passing the time Waiting for spore since 06
    by plying with my balls

Thats right i have 4 balls
    that came out wrong
    the cake is a lie

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default Re: Skip MTW2 and do empire total war

I'm not a project member, but I can answer:
    1-no they won't: ETW is new, it's engine is possibly totaly different, and it is new...
    EBII will already take a long time to finish on it's own (by the end of this decade maybe?), let alone something totally new and different..

2-they would like to stick to what is known and usual; there is no way to know if ETW will need different modding methods, since again it's new, so mod one whose engine is well known, again furthur waste..
    sorry...
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 03-29-2008 at 06:59.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

They give their answers as to why they won't be able to do that in this thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=99474
    “If you come only to help me, you can go back home. But if you consider my struggle as part of your struggle for survival, then maybe we can work together.” - An Aboriginal woman

that's where I got this from-was looking all over for it...

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

*sigh* I finally thought: "yay no more rtr vs eb topics now that the total realism team goes for mtr" and then there are these topics.

mtr is dead, no?

Correct, it is dead.

Theres still that other rome mod for med2, whats it called? Imperium Gaestatus or something? Sorry, Res Gestae Imperiales. Here we go again...
    Ultimate Excellence Lies

Not In Winning

Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy

Without Ever Fighting

Once there done with eb 2 they should make a EB set in the medieval time period
    by plying with my balls

that came out wrong
    the cake is a lie

With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

The EB team doesn't have the expertise to do a medieval mod. They're all antiquities and ancient period historians. What I could see is an EB late mod (post-marian period) or an EB classical mod (persian and peloponnesian wars period)! Athens, Sparta and Thebes battle it out for hegemony of Hellas while Achaemenids try to slyly expand!

Chairman
    My balloons -

Than they can learn more about the medievel period (user agreemant)
    by plying with my balls

that came out wrong
    the cake is a lie

Thats like saying that FA should do a rugby tournament with the same teams and players they use for football. They are good at what they do, the best in fact, but that doesnt mean those skills will translate into everything else remotely like football as well.

We need an entirely new EB-esque phenomenon, by people with the same motivation and knowledge as the EB team, but for the medieval period instead of the classical period.
    Ultimate Excellence Lies

Not In Winning

Every Battle

Without Ever Fighting

Ok I get it.

Still back on original topic we should have a group of people from this community or better yet on the team talk to CA and ask if the reqired things to make ETW a EB 3 or somthing like that are in game like shield stats and ramming for boats
    along with an ai that can use Units that only melee or arrows or javalins
    by plying with my balls

that came out wrong
    the cake is a lie

They'll have bows and pikes, but will they have shields and javelins? I doubt it.
    Ultimate Excellence Lies

Not In Winning

Every Battle

Without Ever Fighting

Shields are in Empire. Presumably that means swords & spears too.

Also, cavalry can fight on horseback, dismount to fight on foot & then remount to fight on horseback again.
    Apparently not even just a 'feature we will have' but a 'feature thats already ingame & working'

Have not found out about if there will be rowing galleys yet.
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...

Combustion Member beatoangelico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers
    We need an entirely new EB-esque phenomenon, by people with the same motivation and knowledge as the EB team, but for the medieval period instead of the classical period.
    M2TW come out 1 year and half ago, a project like that will be already born if such people existed, but noth much has happened. With Empire coming soon I fear that that M2TW community will face a hard time (excluding EB2), close in midst of Empire and the still lively RTW scene.
    Last edited by beatoangelico; 04-27-2008 at 01:06.

Quote Originally Posted by hoom

Have not found out about if there will be rowing galleys yet.
    There'll have to be. They were still in some use until steam power made both paddles and sails obsolete. Smugglers and raiders used galleys during the American Revolution and the Knights of Malta used galleys against Napoleon.
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." -Hamlet, II, ii

"Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." -excerpt from a real college essay, from Ignorance is Blitz by Anders Henriksson