Thread: LOL this was hilarious

Playing as Danes, allied with the froggies -- er french. Russians have tons of land to to east. I own Denmark, sweden, norway, finland. Frenchies decide to send a crusade against the Ruskies.

So there I am, an army of 1500 or so men guarding the port at finland from the evil russians who were constantly attacking the province.. Damn spanish are launching amphibious assaults on Denmark, sweden and norway where I am defending each with armies of 800 or so men each.

Couple of turns later, I breathe a sigh of relief when I see this HUGE frenchy crusader army just south of Finland moving to the evil russions... My saviours! The crusdade was 2900 men strong! Lots of feudals MAA, spearmen, archers and hordes of righteous peons. A good army overall.

Then he decides he needs more men.. so it moves right into finland!! ARRG.. I had to let them in cus I needed them as an ally still (2 wars at a time is enough, thank you very much). I sobbed as I expected to see my 1500 army of CMAA, feudal knights and pavise arbs get gobbled up into the damned crusade.

So I sighed and right clicked to see how many men were left... 1500.. Huh? I didn't lose 1 man to the crusade... odd.. did my stuff, hit end turn, hoping the french would move out of finny land and attack the evil russians. Alas, the froggies stayed in my territory.. "BASTARDS!" I right clicked on my army to see how many were gone... huh? still all there? What the heck? I shrugged, attacked a few ships, defended vs the spanish and ended turn...

I was thinking to move the finland army out to denmark, but couldn't because I knew the russians would hit it then and I'd lose the territory.

Next turn... french crusade STILL doesn't budge and stays in finland. Then I decide to right click on the crusade to see what the heck is going on... "DAAHH??!!" It's original 2900 men was reduced to 500! But it didn't even fight! How could this be? Then I right clicked on finland to take a look...

Low and behold... Zeal rating 0%.. LOL! The dumbass computer was trying to leech off my huge army, but couldn't because the zeal rating was so low that his crusaders were going AWOL by the hundreds each turn.

Eventually it got wittled to 0 and the crusade was lost... then the russians attacked and I barely held onto finland..

Anyway it was rather funny.. but also sad to see such shoddy AI that doesn't take zeal into account of a province. The programmers really should re-educate the AI.

I think this is down to the pathfinding crusade bug, which should be addressed in the patch.

------------------
    It's getting warm in here...that must be one hell of an INFERNO!
    It's getting warm in here...that must be one hell of an INFERNO

Kraellin: ROFL...sick, sick, sick...rofl...sick, sick, sick...ROFL. You should be banned, Inferno, but before you go, post a few more. lol