Thread: On Inquisitors and Royals

As the Spanish I have two Inquisitors with level 3 and I thought I would have a fieldday in Toulouse where 4 french princes with Piety value 1 as highest resides.

When I drop my inquisitor on any of the princes the Inquisitor tells me that he also have suspected this family for heresy but the chance to convict him is 0%. Tried with the other Inquisitor and same result.

Is a level 3 Inq to lowly to convict a royal even if he has low piety? If so what level is required?

Senior Member Senior Member MonkeyMan's Avatar

I think you maybe overlooking the zeal rating of the province. I think, the higher the zeal rating, the better the effectiveness of an inquisition, i.e. the inquisitior need a mob of reilgiously brainwashed monkeys to carry out his good christian acts. I think if you leave your inquisitor in the province to increase the zeal for a few years and try again you may have better luck.

Good idea, never did think of that, thx.

I would go with grand inquisitors for royals. The "regular" ones are not likely to succeed. If there is a bishop/cardinal in the province, the chance of inquisition success is greatly diminshed.
    Some people get by with a little understanding
    Some people get by with a whole lot more - A. Eldritch

Inquisitors are EXCELLENT when used to prepare the way for Crusades. Drop a bunch of Inquisitors in a province before a Crusade gets there and watch the Zeal rating soar! Voila, instant recruitment surge!
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)