Thread: Two things this game is badly missing

1. some sorting functions for the armys and other units. When I have a lot of spys and assassins, I dont want to click through the complete list to find a high valor assassin. Maybe it would help a lot if you could click on unit, valor or province on the top of the list, so all units get sorted after this criteria, i. e. all assassins first or the best units first... and so on

2. a filter option for armies and units. I HATE it to find my spy in a mess of own and forgein units which bocking the sight of each other. Why isnt there simply a filter function with only show own armys or show own support units?

Would make the life easier, or did u ever had 5 armies and 12 aux units in switzerland?

Something like 2. should be in the patch.
    for Switzerland........
    Some people get by with a little understanding
    Some people get by with a whole lot more - A. Eldritch

Switzerland? It's still large enough because it doesn't have the port.

I had 3 armies, 3 spies, 3 assasins, 2 bishops, 1 cardinal and one inquisitor in Crete and Rhode. Still did fairly well.

How about 30 individual ships in the tiny sea in the middle of Constantinople. The sea that I've never been able to see its name.

It's part of the fun for me.

The only thing that I want the Devs to improve is AI.

Yeah, sometimes I get confused when other nations with similar looking colors (Hungarians vs English) swamp my smaller provinces with their special units - emissaries, bishops, etc.. It makes it a little hard to tell whose who... esp when you're playing MTW at 3am.
    _
    The more the words, the less the meaning and how does that benefit anyone? BIBLE: Ecclesiates 6:11

Another thing the game needs is more automation.

Managing your spies and assassins can get rediculous later on. The worst part is having to go through the click motions of killing off a dozen emissaries/spies/preists each year.

I would love an bar that lets me set what units to kill from which faction on a province by province basis.

I also want a way to get filter out certain messages, even ones that the game considers "important" I couldn't care less about like famines, disasters, successions, etc.

Basically if it doesn't require me to make a decision (like with a wedding or aliance) then I don't want to be bothered about it!

Heres hoping for the expansion pack...

Managing agents is the most tedious part of the game, by far. I am not even to 1250 and I have close to 100 agents, scrolling through the list is excruciating. I cant believe the testers didnt complain about this, and if they did (and how could they have missed it) then why werent some sort and fast scrolling options put in?

Also, why in the hells dont they stack if for no other reason than to remove the clutter on the strat map?

olaf