Thread: Suffering from withdrawal...help!

I just upgraded to XP Prof., only to find out that all my good savegames are crap and the game continuously CTD's. So, here I am, waiting for the patch, and I realize, I have no life! Without MTW, what am I to do?! I find myself sitting at the keyboard, waiting for the "this fool king refuses to accept your gracious offer of alliance" message when I realize that the game is not even on! I babble to my friends about defensive tactics, then they tell me, they don't care! Ahhh! How could they not care? I am in trouble, anyone have any ideas what to do when MTW just doesn't work?

------------------
    "You there, knight!" "Yes, sir?" "We just lost that battle. Why did you order your men to charge that unit of enemy sergeants?" "Uh, I was impetuous, sir" "'IMPETUOUS!? Impetuous!? Men! Kill him, I want his head!"
    You there, knight Yes, sir? We just lost that battle. Why did you order your men to charge that unit of enemy sergeants? Uh, I was impetuous, sir 'IMPETUOUS? Impetuous? Men Kill him, I want his head

HAHA, I realize that to, when my comp is broke or im grounded...I have nothing else to do. Just sort of sit there for a few hours

I wanna be a real boy! Member chunkynut's Avatar

Yeah last night an old uni freind came down from York (for an interview (mmm irrelevant)).

And of course you have to go out.

Arrghhh and my English Campaign is soooo interesting now and i didn't play it!!!

Also i've got a new harddrive sitting on my desk, still for over a week now(maybe 2) and i haven't bothered cause i wanna install XP pro on that one. That takes 30 - 40 mins sometimes and i really dont wanna spend that much time plus all the other installation (MTW of course) and other things.

Dilema!!

yeah, tell me about it, I'm off for a 'romantic' WE of the type our gf adore

but it means I won't be able to play my spain campaign until monday night and I just did something so cool : with the death of the mongol king, all the horde became rebels and I bough them! I know have plenty of heavy mongol cav AND I WANT TO USE IT!!!!!
    Hail the Frog Supremo
    For He is Dashing and Well Dressed

Even worse, my computer at home crashed (hard drive is totally wrecked I'm sure) just the other day, and I can't get MTW to install on my mother's computer, or any other for that matter. It gets to about 13% and gets stuck trying to install "homeland_islam.tgf" or something like that. I'm totally bummed. Right now I have no foreseeable opportunity to play MTW... And my HRE was almost ready to start launching massive crusades! WAH!!! I'm dying here!!! NO MTW FOR A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!

-blackfire83

I am more than familiar with this feeling...This morning when my wife woke me up at breakfast (been sitting all night teching up the Spanish) I imagined her saying:

"- Come on now and I will let you check out my general and his troops"

As I was not really awake when I sat down at the kitchen table I responded:

"- Are you gonna show me your army or not???"

Lucky for me she smiled..

LOL I know what you mean. My sleep has gone to shit the past two weeks, like 4 hours a night tops. This morning my wife woke me up for work in the middle of me having a damn dream about the game. It was MTW, but it was being played on the Axis and Allies board. I was invading the western US from Hawaii. Haha.

olaf

I have XP Pro and only on the rarest of occasions will MTW lockup, crash or experience a sound related bug. I STRONGLY recommend you backup ALL your critical data and saved games, reformat your hard drive and do a fresh install of XP Pro instead of an upgrade. Also be sure to use NTFS instead of Fat32.

Basically when moving to a new OS it is always better to do a fresh install rather than an upgrade, especially when moving from Win98SE/Me to XP.

[This message has been edited by Spino (edited 10-11-2002).]
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)