Thread: How to view your general\'s vices ?

I am not sure how to acess to the list of your general's vices. Any help will be appreciated.

Right-click his stack, left-click the little silver arrow on the left of his profile. If there isn't one, he doesn't have any.

So many thanks Jas :-)

Oh I would not say if there are no V&V there, he does not have any; they could very well be hidden, and you wont find out about them 'till later.
    Sire de Coucy

The manual makes reference to you being able to ferret out your own generals hidden vices, but I dont think you can. When you do that with a spy, it attempts to frame them instead. I think that is what the original poster was asking about...

olaf

Quote Originally posted by olaf:
    The manual makes reference to you being able to ferret out your own generals hidden vices....[/QUOTE]

I see the reference on page 28, but it does not specifically refer to your general, it just refers to "great men". I think the game presents all of your own generals' v&vs by default, and allows you to reveal them for generals belonging to other factions. That's been my experience at least.

Quote Originally posted by olaf:
    The manual makes reference to you being able to ferret out your own generals hidden vices, but I dont think you can. When you do that with a spy, it attempts to frame them instead. I think that is what the original poster was asking about...

olaf
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah, that true, you do get a Treason trial on your general when you drop a spy on him. BUT, this CAN still be a useful tool to find out V&V's. The trick is to use low-level spys, (maybe in area with counterspies too?)such that the odds of success are 0%.

OK, so your general gets cleared of the charges. BUT one thing I have noticed is that hidden V&V's get revealed as a secondary consequence of the failed trial. I'm not sure, but I think thier Loyalty may increase by one as well.

The same thing happens with failed "0%" Inquisitions as well, I believe, except Piety goes up by one rather than Loyalty.

I'm currently using the latter to boost Piety ratings of my really valuable generals and governors, to protect them later from potential enemy Inquisitors. I call this ploy my "Sunday School" strategy. : )

Coucy
    Sire de Coucy