Thread: Idea from Romance of Three Kingdom

Hi there

This is my first time to post here but I have been around for sometime and learn a lot from you guys.

I'm a Chinese and used to play games like Romance of Three Kingdoms in the past. This is the best game I play so far in this type.
    From my experience in playing the Chinese games, here are some suggestions:

1. Since we have different V&V for each general and we can see some generals are good at building the economy of the province and some are good at fighting. So with the auto-build function on, a province with a more economy building V&V governer should try to improve the economy of that province and a province with a more military type will tend to build/train up his military building/building. The micromanagement needed should be reduced significantly if we assign the title to a correct general.

2. I think we had some threads about this. If we are under attack, we should be able to ask our ally for support. Whether the ally accepts or not depends on the rating of your emmissary and the ally king as well as how much you want to offer.

3. You can use same method to ask ally's help to invade other province.

4. Option to turn captured soldiers (or generals) part of your army. Although they are low loyalty and morale, if you have a great general, such as those of the Mongols, they are still very helpful. (They will rebel if the dread of your general is too low.)

5. If I attack an enemy province from more than one of my provinces. I should be able to field my army in more than one location.

6. Ability to upgrade, for example, my existing Feudal MAA to Chivs MAA.

7. We used fire arrows in our game a lot. Archers should have this option, especially to attack those guys hiding in the woods.

8. A defender should be able to place some traps.

That's it so far. Any thoughts...

Bandit

I love the firearrow idea!!!! The rest is nice too.. BUT FIREARROWS OH MAN!!! YEAH! That would rock!

i think CA can look at some of the older Koei games for a richer and deeper diplomacy and tactical play for MTW...

Winevil

In Ghengis Khan and Nobanagas(sp) Ambition, you could challenge the opposing general to a dual. That would be cool for MTW.

JoBeare

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Yes truly, older Koei games had great diplomacy- especially Romance. CA could learn alot from any of them.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I still have KOEI Genghis Khan and RTK in my 486 DX4. They are still fun to play once in a while.

In RTK, I like the smart advisors who can help me set up some traps. They also warn me about possible enemy traps. Ambush is simple but very nice. Shooting firebolt to cause fire is my greatest fun. Also, I can shoot fire arrows to cause fire where I suspect there are troops ambushing. And, generals dual.

In Genghis Khan, diplomatic and trade is great. Trategy and tactic is fun too.