Thread: Does anyone else find themselfs trying to play this game using 18th ce

I keep wanting to create a static line of cannons and guns to exhange in a ranged battle, with calvary to chase down the routers and disorganized bunches.

Unfortunately this is an infantry focused game even in the very late ages. Guns are too inaccurate and even when they do hit they rarely kill with it not realistic. Guns should be able to penetrate most plate armor.

Cannons are too expensive and take up too much room to be used in the nessesary numbers without sacrificing main troops.

No bayonets so I use pikemen when they get close as a substitute... It might work if the gun damage was modeled better so that I could properly thin the ranks before engaging with pikemen.

Senior Member Senior Member MonkeyMan's Avatar

I think the argument goes that guns in the 14th 15th century were not that good. All very well playing 18th century tactics but 18th century gun would have done what you said. even shogun is based later on so the guns are less effective than they were there too. All in all i just don't use them and stick to longbows and arbelasters for my missile troops.

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

lots of guns is quite fun in MP actually, ive seen advancing units routed when 8 gunpowdered units fired simultaneously
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

You can't use 18th century tactics with 14th and 15th guns and artillery. That's why 18th century tactics weren't used until the 18th century

Grifman