Thread: Map Changes in 1.1?

Default Map Changes in 1.1?

What kind fo map changes are going in for 1.1? I hear we're finally losing the useless province of augila.....

Default Re: Map Changes in 1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by brymht
    What kind fo map changes are going in for 1.1? I hear we're finally losing the useless province of augila.....
    Where's that?

I don't think they'll publicly say what changes there are going to be. I already attempted to open a thread which was immediately shot to oblivion (ok, dramatic interlude please ).
    My first balloon: (awarded to undevastate me)
    My second balloon: (kindly awarded by Emperor Burakukuku)

"Have a hearty breakfast lads, for tonight we dine in Hades!"

Augila was kind of a nothing desert town in Africa midway through africa and Cathage, where no one could really recruit much of anything, and seemed directly between egysptian, Cyrenian, and Libyan influences. Chances are there wasn't really much of anything there during the time period anyway. I'm fairly certain we can include some more interesting and better territory out thee anyway. I'm honestly very curious to know what it might be, if we are losing augila....

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

There won't be any major changes to the map for v1.1. Changing the map requires tons of changes to other files so major map changes were shelved for RTW production.

Augilia will probably be removed in EB2, though.

Very sad. Another Scandaniavian province would have made more sense than Augilia, but you can't argue with the best meal you've ever had because it was only 6 courses, not 7.

Uhm given the current faction distribution, I very much doubt another Scandinavian province is going to make it into EB. Whilst Augila may or may not survive the mapping of EB2; EB1 is pretty much closed as far as map changes go.

The reason is that such map changes come with significant work in keeping all the scripts up to date.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 04-04-2008 at 23:41.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Combustion Member beatoangelico's Avatar

another scandinavian province to make the sweboz even more powerful? no thanks

EB2 runs on a different engine, and that may result in different AI behavior. Also there is this matter of 10 new faction slots ... I just hope it will be near whatever faction needs it the most, when it can be justified historically.

If there'd be a Mauryan satrapy faction, I'd say give India another city.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Map Changes in 1.1?

If erasing Augila is taken into consideration, better also seriously consider to erase that useless Sahara city south of Mauretania... I forgot the name. I refuse to take it as Carthage because my empire would'nt look asthetically any more on the mini-map if I did so. I think there are plenty of regions especially in the east that could well need two additional provinces.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Default Re: AW: Map Changes in 1.1?

Yeah well, without Numidia or another faction like it in the area all those desert regions becomes pretty much useless. The Carthies sure never wanted them, and even if they did there was no chance in hell that they´d be able to take them, even less hold them.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

The problem is that Northern Africa is the only region where Karthago wishes to expand in the first 30/40 years in game when controlled by the AI. I have no idea how to change that, because sometimes they have full stacks standing around on Sicily or in Southern Spain that would be able to create some havoc. But these seem to be stalled. That is, when you don't want Karthago to be overrun by the Ptolees you'll have to stick to the Numidian villages to allow for some expansion.

When I play Karthago I usually leave the Numidians alone for most of the game because these villages are completely useless, and fighting those all-skirmishers armies is just

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Nah I was just talking about that lower left-hand town. The Mauretanian ones seem OK to me. And I think the Numidians in game die far too easily. The only problems I had was in Kirtan, but there they had some really decent other troops as well and the campaign was young and my troops were scarce...

Oh and Mauretania is no desert, General Appo, at least not in EB's timeframe.
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 04-06-2008 at 18:48.

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by brymht
    I'm fairly certain we can include some more interesting and better territory out thee anyway.
    Bartix Island! Just south of Persia and East of Arabia! It was there I tell you!
    BLARGH!

Default Re: AW: Map Changes in 1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus
    Nah I was just talking about that lower left-hand town. The Mauretanian ones seem OK to me. And I think the Numidians in game die far too easily. The only problems I had was in Kirtan, but there they had some really decent other troops as well and the campaign was young and my troops were scarce...

Oh and Mauretania is no desert, General Appo, at least not in EB's timeframe.
    I think they mean Gaetulia, a desert province south of Numidia.
    I has two balloons!

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Gaetulia was going to be removed (remember how it was isolated in v0.8x?), but it was important to both the Carthaginian and the Romans when they were in the area, or something to that extent. So, it was reintegrated into the map...

Gaetulia is the home province of the, c'mon whatstheirname, Garamantine Spearmen. IIRC the Garamantines were, like the Saba, an important trade-caravan + sophisticated irrigation economy...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Yes I mean Gaetulia. No, the Garamantine capital is Phasania, south of Syrthim. Phasania is fine for me.

Always mix those provinces up...
    - Tellos Athenaios