Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Marcellus Scato
    A bit unfair of you. They are expanding slowly, as they should. Considering they only start with one city and don't even have good troops (unlike the Saka's superb horse archers), slow starts are to be expected.
    oh, my bad, didn't realize they were actually expanding (never played either of them yet, so I'm not familiar with their starting position). will edit.

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo
    Strange. My guess would be that they triggered Moskon´s army and he wandered around in Luso lands until he killed their last FM. I´ve seen him walk about there defeating army after army for several decades.
    yeah, that's why I was confused about that, since it didn't look like the Qarthies or Arverni had anything to do with it.
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 04-16-2008 at 15:47.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

What's wrong with Moskon's army, btw? I don't seem to know this guy all too well...
    ~Maion

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine
    What's wrong with Moskon's army, btw? I don't seem to know this guy all too well...
    If someone(usually luso or Carthage rarely a gaul faction) attacks (Numantia?) they are attacked by a fullstack(or two?) of Celtiberian troops, led by Moskon.

This usually overwhelms the attackers, but I've never seen them destroy an entire faction like that
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

How do I play 1.1 under BI?
    I have Bi . What else do I do/need?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius
    Anyone have any ideas why Epeiros seem to have been paralysed for more than 20 years? I took Pella and Demetrius off them through Force Diplomacy and gave them back to Makedonia, and since they Makedonia made them their protectorate. They're not at war with anyone, either. But they've got two full stacks which haven't moved just sitting outside Ambrakia.

It may just be me but I noticed if a faction has serious debt issues, large armies and large negatives in cities, with no hope of getting out of debt even with the money script they tend to stop moving armies around all together. Just giving them more money through script doesn't help from what I can tell, the only way is to take out some of the larger armies so the AI can get an economy again. But that is from my nonscientific observations.

Also Sarmatians are scary in my current KH campaign they some how got an army south into asia minor and its patroling the eastern shore of the agean. And it's nice to see AS back to their .7x selves, where they are more of a crumbling empire that still is a power house at the same time.

1.0 completed:
    -Baktria

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus
    How do I play 1.1 under BI?
    I have Bi . What else do I do/need?
    You will not find a guide here. Try the unofficial mods forum.

267BC. I'm Seleukia.

Not much happening yet, will post more when i get home and play again later.

Oh and just FYI - I'm not playing BI.exe or ALEX.exe, just regular RTW 1.5

Dayve, you're a traitor to Seleukos I Nikator's memory! How dare you let Zadrakata, Asaak and Hekatompylos fall into those stinking nomad's wool-filled claws!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Romani campaign, EB on Alex.exe, VH/H, 262BC:

The arverni is my greatest threat for the moment, constantly throwing armies at me through the Alps. When the Aedui lost Mediolanum, the Arverni rushed Bibracte and the fortified rebel city west of it, thus creating their empire.

AS lost 3-4 of their eastern colonies to the parthians, but retook them and are now going into war with the Sauka Rauka, which by the way has the upper hand on the steppes.

Makedonia and the Koinon Hellenon are conquering cities back and forth from each other, and Eiperos has stopped attacking both independents and neighbours.

I have begun my conquest of Sicilia. Took Libeo from the carthaginians to prevent them from interfering with my conquest of the rest of the island by land.

Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

Quote Originally Posted by Hax
    Dayve, you're a traitor to Seleukos I Nikator's memory! How dare you let Zadrakata, Asaak and Hekatompylos fall into those stinking nomad's wool-filled claws!
    There was nothing to be done. War on 3 fronts is difficult. I gathered an army to take back one of the cities, hired light mercenary archer-spearmen, but was beaten back by the mountain axemen fighting under the Pahlava axemen. The battered army retreated to defend another city and its important mine from the Pahlava but it was hopeless. Poorly trained Pantapadoi, poor morale, vs. Pahlavan archers, horsemen and mountain men... 'twas a massacre.

However, we have not let them go for good. An army is being raised as we speak, heavy on the awesome Caucasian archers. The empire as it was will be once again, and perhaps even a little bigger than before?

Sauromatae and casse are actually doing something now. Joy.

Im playing M/vh camp, and so far i have knoticed that like others said, the steppe has finally begun to attack. crazy sauromatae have taken callatis, and as epeiros, i will probably have to fight them soon.

Everyone else is the same, especially aedui and arverni, save for the fact that the aedui are getting attacked in mediolanum by the romans.

great thing that the ai are actually doing something now lol

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo
    Strange. My guess would be that they triggered Moskon´s army and he wandered around in Luso lands until he killed their last FM. I´ve seen him walk about there defeating army after army for several decades.
    Something like this happened in my Carthaginian campaign in 1.0. The Lusotana attacked me with a full stack army, with 4 FMs. Once the battle was won, the lusotanians were destroyed, despite having 3 cities left!
    I guess the Lusotannan women were REALLY ugly
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

263, h/m, Seleukia, rtw.exe.

Still not much happening.

What's with Hekatompylos? Population: under 600. My army: 2000+. Loyalty in Hekatompylos? 0.

Distance to Capital?

Quote Originally Posted by Hax
    Distance to Capital?
    Definately not... My eastern-most provinces all have between 3-8 thousand population (i've been purposely building them up for when the time comes to harvest the riches of the far-east) and only one of them has a governor, and even he only has 1 influence wreath.

Their loyalty is at least 75%, and that's with high and very high taxes.

Whats the unrest level? Probably chocked full of enemy spies. Either that or you have an incompitent govenor.

Yep, could be either. Governor really screws things up, or spies. Was just about to say that.

DAMN YOU SDRAGON!

1.1 Baktria campaign(VH/M) so far, stayed away from former provinces till 232, so Pahlava ,AS and Saka are slugging each other over it:

230:

Got most of the AS cities by managing to rebel them with 2 spies and 1 assasin, then taking them(example Persepolis in 250 pic).

Need 4 more provinces on North, so i have to face Saka tanks now.

My Prodromoi did grunt work against Pahlava Kata's.It took me 8 years of fighting with them.But they left me fully developed cities.

Only one that is asleep is Getai.
    Last edited by mlp071; 04-19-2008 at 16:23.

I'm loving that AI action mlp.

One thing that particularly caught my eye was the Puno-Iberian wars. By 250, Carthage had almost half the peninsula, but as time went on, the Iberians united the rest of the northern tribes, and with their power consolidated, worked at taking back the southern half from Carthage. And it worked! As it stands now, they've pushed them all the way back down to just the southern coast. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland
    I'm loving that AI action mlp.

One thing that particularly caught my eye was the Puno-Iberian wars. By 250, Carthage had almost half the peninsula, but as time went on, the Iberians united the rest of the northern tribes, and with their power consolidated, worked at taking back the southern half from Carthage. And it worked! As it stands now, they've pushed them all the way back down to just the southern coast. Good stuff.

Yeah, Lusotanons are sieging those leftover southern Punic towns.

Sadly Pontus went other way, after promising start, they got stomped by ASAS appears to be moving all of their forces towards me , so maybe that will give them breathing room.

Pahlava had their reform units and full contingent of their best Kata's before they went down , so that was really nice to see. I had some battles where they fielded up to 10 Kata's in addition to infantry.

+++ EDIT: I just noticed that Pontus actually landed stack in Chersonesos by sea(gotta love BI.exe). I am impressed now with 1.1 so far
    Last edited by mlp071; 04-20-2008 at 04:33.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Hey, at least the Sauromatae are doing better!
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

I'm about 20 years into a Roman campaign right now, been taking pics of the map every 5 years but I can't post them yet as I haven't been looking with the fow off. I want to do it the old fashioned way and preserve the mystery a bit, having to use spies and all that fun stuff to figure out what's going on and what the strengths are of mine enemies. Once I'm done or something changes, I'll have all those maps up and see it for the first time myself!

Enemy of cauliflower Member Visitor13's Avatar

Anyone here playing a campaign in which the Saba actually try to conquer all the coastal rebel provinces before they head for Ptolie territory, like they used to in 1.0? So far they seem to take the first province to the east of their starting position and head west/north west from there.
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Heed the wisdom in Omanes Alexandropolites' signature!

Baktria M/M 235BC no interference by me toward other factions, started rtw.exe, changed to bi only around 238

Should mention epeiros was cleaned up by maks after a good start, now only have 2 cities full of leftover elites/locals (and pontos has 2 stacks near byzantion)

Also, after switching to bi the maks have landed and seiged kydonia

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve

263, h/m, Seleukia, rtw.exe.

Still not much happening.

What's with Hekatompylos? Population: under 600. My army: 2000+. Loyalty in Hekatompylos? 0.
    Interloper trait in type 4 gov?

That gives up to 45% unrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice

Baktria M/M 235BC no interference by me toward other factions, started rtw.exe, changed to bi only around 238

Should mention epeiros was cleaned up by maks after a good start, now only have 2 cities full of leftover elites/locals (and pontos has 2 stacks near byzantion)

Also, after switching to bi the maks have landed and seiged kydonia
    Maks prevailing and KH becoming the Kingdom of Karia isn't something you usually see in 1.1

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Re: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Voice
    Very cool AI development. First time (!) I see a really cool Makedonian hegemony even on the far side of the Aigaion. Also the Romans, Pahlava, Armenia, Getai, Lusos and the Sweboz deserve an honourable mention.

Edit: Voice, I saw you voted for Medium campaign difficulty in my inquiry and I see you played this on medium too. What armies are fielded by the AI? Full stacks or three-unit-stacks? Are the AI-factions weaklings against you or do they put up a fight?
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 04-22-2008 at 23:11.

Romani campaign, EB on Alex.exe, VH/H

262BC (previous update)

252BC

The arverni became too much of a threat, and I crossed the Alps to secure Viennos and Massalia to established easier controlled borders. Ended up taking Tolosa and Gergovia, effectively crippling the short-lived Arverni empire. I also steamrolled the rebels in Aventicos in the progress.

Otherwise quiet on the west front, Iberia has seen a couple attempts on their rebel cities, usually with the carthaginians besieging Arse and the Lusotannan besieging Numantia. No success so far...

One word needed to describe Hellas: Stalemate! Come to think of it, I believe Epirus, Makedonia and KH are all neutral with each other.

AS lost two eastern colonies, one rebelled and was taken by the Pahlava, and the other colony snatched by Saka Rauka. Baktra honoured their alliance with AS and took Sülek from the Saka Raukans, just after they conquered the rebel settlement in between.

The loss of eastern colonies have not hindered the AS, they kicked out the Ptolies from Anatolia and conquered the two rebel settlemens east of Haysdan, which by the way lost Kotais to the Sarmatians. The sarmations took Trapz-bla-bla, which I have never seen before. Meanwhile in the Anatolia, Pontos have woke up from their beauty sleep and is currently fighting AS for the title "Ruler of Modern Turkey".
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

Looks like the Sarmations wanted to show that they could outdo their predeccessors, the Scythians, in an invasion of the middle east. Can't wait to see whether they actually get around to conquering Mesopotamia or not.

Chairman
    My balloons -

Default Re: AW: Re: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus
    Very cool AI development. First time (!) I see a really cool Makedonian hegemony even on the far side of the Aigaion. Also the Romans, Pahlava, Armenia, Getai, Lusos and the Sweboz deserve an honourable mention.

Edit: Voice, I saw you voted for Medium campaign difficulty in my inquiry and I see you played this on medium too. What armies are fielded by the AI? Full stacks or three-unit-stacks? Are the AI-factions weaklings against you or do they put up a fight?

Well at the moment ive got 3 sele stacks at about 15 units each moving in to assault Baktra
    Getia have 3 fullstacks standing around 1 settlement
    Epeiros have both remaining cities full
    Romani have a 3/4 stack moving to sicily and a couple half stacks in the north east.
    Maks have half and 3/4 stacks all along northern border
    Sweboz pushing every direction with good sized stacks
    i think the only faction with less than half stacks are the sauro

Forgot to say they are not just stacks of cheap levies or similar, but arent full of factional elites either
    Last edited by Voice; 04-23-2008 at 07:35.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast