Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The General
    There are no naval invasions in RTW.

Or, well, I've never seen one.
    In my Romani game, the Karthadastim just reinforced Sicily with an additional family member and three decent pike units. Not exactly an invasion, but better than nothing.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Sab'ryn Campaign 249BC

I am using the ALEX.exe had have not interferred using forced diplomacy. "The Grey Death" seems cancelled out by "The Yellow Death", but the Epirius "Pea Green Soupy Sea of Death" seems to be winning in the Balkans
    Yabusama's Ghost, I praise you! You are my rock! You prepared my hands for ALX.exe. You taught my fingers to mod.
    The Bible: Psalm 144
    By SunShadow

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius
    In my Romani game, the Karthadastim just reinforced Sicily with an additional family member and three decent pike units. Not exactly an invasion, but better than nothing.
    Not an invasion. ;)

Afair in vanilla RTW the AI won't land units on foreign soil.
    I has two balloons!

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

Maybe it's too early for a serious conclusion but there seems to be a massive trend that the Epirotes are the new winning force of Greece. The Maks got even weaker than they were in 1.0. And that is really sad.

Default Re: AW: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus
    Maybe it's too early for a serious conclusion but there seems to be a massive trend that the Epirotes are the new winning force of Greece. The Maks got even weaker than they were in 1.0. And that is really sad.
    Too soon for that conclusion.

Personally I think that Pyhrros is the best general in Greece at the start of the game, and he's giving Epirus an edge. Once Phyrros is dead, the Epirotes probably won't be so effective.

Default Re: AW: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

In my game, taking Epiros' early Macedonian holdings off them with Force Diplomacy seems to have paralysed them. They're a Macedonian protectorate now, not at war with anyone, and have literally done nothing for the past 20 years. They have two full stacks immobile outside Ambrakia.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

I have found so far that Macedonia is underpowered and in my experiances so far have been smashed by Eperios and KH at the same time, becuase Epeiros and KH can only go at Macedon.

I mean, in my romani game, I decided to save Macedon by giving them back Thermon and Demetrias (Not with force diplomacy, I just sent a legion, and then gave them the two cities and 100,000 out of my treasury. Also, Epeiros have pella and they are my allies and I ran out of men to take Corinth so I couldn't save them completly in the mainland)

Also, is there no way to make the Averni better? I mean they always get to a bad start, and despite me giving them over 500,000mnai (without cheats) by 230bc, they are still useless, but with full stacks in two cities!
    Do you find something funny with the name Biggus Dickus?

in the EB PBeM

255BC Romani Campaign

Makedonia is holding their own I would say although Epeiros has stacks pushing everywhere north. Epeiros took Pella, Makedonia took Ambrakia, fair trade? I haven't given cash to either of them and I'm disappointed I expanded into Northern Italy so quickly but the Aedui gave me little choice sending stack after stack against me! Makedonia also decided to run all the way around Illyria with a stack of 4-5 units and attack me for no good reason. A matter fact the only ones to behave are the Carthaginians... go figure. No Punic War for me, only Greco conquest in my future -.-
    I'm Batman!

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Well, I think we can clearly draw the hastened conclusion that Baktria and Pahlava are much more willing to attack the Seleukids in the early game, something that I at least believes to be positive.
    The strangest stuff I´ve seen so far is in my Baktria campaign, I´m only at 257 BC and the Romani holds all of Italy, Messana, Syrakousai, Massalia and Segestica. They´re doing better then most human players, even those who just wanna conquer and not sit back and wait for the right year.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by We shall fwee...Wodewick
    I have found so far that Macedonia is underpowered and in my experiances so far have been smashed by Eperios and KH at the same time, becuase Epeiros and KH can only go at Macedon.

I mean, in my romani game, I decided to save Macedon by giving them back Thermon and Demetrias (Not with force diplomacy, I just sent a legion, and then gave them the two cities and 100,000 out of my treasury. Also, Epeiros have pella and they are my allies and I ran out of men to take Corinth so I couldn't save them completly in the mainland)
    Well, as I said in mine they went from almost total defeat from Epeiros to now dominating Greece and turning Epeiros into their protectorate. I've had to take a few actions to prevent them wiping out Koinon Hellenon now the Epirotes have abstained from any activity whatsoever.

All I did was give them Pella and Demetrius back with Force Diplomacy (and some money a few turns - not a lot either). They then took Tylis all on their own, after Pontos had tried several times, and Serdike after the Getai had similarly failed a few attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by We shall fwee...Wodewick
    Also, is there no way to make the Averni better? I mean they always get to a bad start, and despite me giving them over 500,000mnai (without cheats) by 230bc, they are still useless, but with full stacks in two cities!
    I found the same in 1.0, they just aren't as aggressive as the Aedui. I similarly resorted to Force Diplomacy there. Firstly I gave them Galatia after the Seleukids took it. Then I wait for the Aedui to take a few of the rebel cities and FD them to the Arverni to maintain a balance. Along with giving them back their initial settlements the Aedui always seem to take off them.

Guys, I know this is not the post, but how I can see the whole campaign map without fog?

Get the script (the ` an ~ key) then type toggle_fow, and presto it's off. If you want to put it on aagain simply open the script again and type the sama thing again.
    The path is nameless - Lao Tse

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo
    Well, I think we can clearly draw the hastened conclusion that Baktria and Pahlava are much more willing to attack the Seleukids in the early game, something that I at least believes to be positive.
    Yeah, in every game I've played the Pahlavans have attacked the Seleukids on the very first turn.

Im y Getai campaign (h/m) There is a massive scrap between the seleukids on the one hand and the pahlava and Saka on the other. The Silly's are very, very slowly losing the scrap as well. Baktria took Kophen and is currently focusing on the eleutheroi (although one army seems to be on it's way to invade the Silly's as well! I like it a lot the new war in the east.
    The path is nameless - Lao Tse

Get the script (the ` an ~ key) then type toggle_fow, and presto it's off. If you want to put it on aagain simply open the script again and type the sama thing again.
    Thanks, but what or where's the an ~ key?...

Quote Originally Posted by VinDic
    Thanks, but what or where's the an ~ key?...
    On my keyboard it is above Tab and to the left of 1.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: 1.1x AI Faction Progression Thread

For me console is opened with °. Left of 1 and above Tab.

Enemy of cauliflower Member Visitor13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The General
    Not an invasion. ;)

Afair in vanilla RTW the AI won't land units on foreign soil.
    With RTW.exe I saw Lusotann invade the Carthage-owned Balearic Islands in EB and RTR Platinum.
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Heed the wisdom in Omanes Alexandropolites' signature!

Wielder of a pointy-thing Member Olimpian's Avatar

I might have seen an Epirote invasion of Italy in a short KH campaign with 1.1.They lost Taras early-on and around 260BC when I lifted the fow I saw they had Taras again.It could have been a revolt,but they did have a navy in the area...so who knows.I also had some random Ptolie naval actions in 1.0,landing and withdrawing a few units in some locations.So I guess it is possible...just very very rare.

I´ve seen Carthage landing armies in Sicily, but only in areas controlled by them. Playing as the Sweboz with the Fow off I noticed a Carthaginian fleet with a full stack on it, but the ship just roamed around the Med aimlessly for twnty years until it dissapeared near a pirate fleet, I reckon it got them. Stupid AI.
    I´ve also seen KH gather a huge army at Rhodos but only puting it just outside the city, even when they have a fleet nearby that could easily transport it to the mainland. Stupid AI.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

In my romani 1.1 campaign which is at 189bc the ai factions are progressing in a somewhat similar fashion to 1.0 but with a few major exceptions. Carthage will land armies in sicily if you attack them--the strength can vary. I had to face two full stacks which appeared almost out of nowhere. In Spain they had another two full stacks with pikemen as well but once they lost them they did not reinforce and lost all their provinces in spain fairly quickly. The lusotani were not as aggressive as i would have thought probably due to the strength of the rebel cities in spain.

In gaul the aedui were going strong until the sweboz showed up--now they are down to one province(noricum). The averni struggled initially but once I allied with them they began to fight back against the aedui and the sweboz and now hold most of gaul. The sweboz still run amok making a bee-line straight down towards milan and my homeland.

In the balkans there is a stalemate with the eperiotes holding their lands and macedonia and the hellenes still in control of greece. Eperios is fighting the getea with neither side making any progress. Macedonia is held to their asian lands and is involved in a war with the seleucids and Pontos. The seleucids and egypt are currently at war with neither side making any progress against the other.

As far as the east is going from what i can tell the Bactrians are the largest faction.

Anyone have any ideas why Epeiros seem to have been paralysed for more than 20 years? I took Pella and Demetrius off them through Force Diplomacy and gave them back to Makedonia, and since they Makedonia made them their protectorate. They're not at war with anyone, either. But they've got two full stacks which haven't moved just sitting outside Ambrakia.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius
    Anyone have any ideas why Epeiros seem to have been paralysed for more than 20 years? I took Pella and Demetrius off them through Force Diplomacy and gave them back to Makedonia, and since they Makedonia made them their protectorate. They're not at war with anyone, either. But they've got two full stacks which haven't moved just sitting outside Ambrakia.
    Well, if they're not at war with anyone, and there's no Elutheroi settlements adjacent to them, it's not surprising that they're inactive, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Marcellus Scato
    Well, if they're not at war with anyone, and there's no Elutheroi settlements adjacent to them, it's not surprising that they're inactive, is it?
    Thermon is sitting temptingly on their southern border, KH and Makedonia ignoring it. They've got more than enough manpower to seize it, too.

Wielder of a pointy-thing Member Olimpian's Avatar

Experimental Pahlava campaign.It looks like a decent sized army,maybe from Athens,but I have no idea what the KH intended to do with it.Tragically,the next turn,the fleet was gone,probably sunk by the Makedonian one near-by.A shame really....

249 BC; playing as Getai on H/M

Epeiros gone...my fault
    Lusotann gone...huh?
    AS holding their own, static in east, losing slowly to Ptol. in west
    Baktria expanding a little
    Pahlava took 1 settlement off the AS
    Makedonia-was doing well in KH war, till they attacked me, now expanding into Asia Minor instead
    Ptollies doing well in Asia, static in Africa, slight edge on AS
    Qart-Hadast -static
    Romani- doing absolutely nada
    Casse- expanding slowly
    Sweboz- expanding slowly
    Aedui- expanding well into Belgic territory, at the expense of the Arverni, look to have the upper hand in civil war
    Saby'n- expanding slowly
    Hai and Pontos- seeing a little expansion, Hai doing pretty decent considering their dirt poor starting position and early troop quality
    Arverni- barely holding the land they have
    Saka and Sauromatae- lords of the steppe, I may have to do something about the Sauromatae soon
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 04-16-2008 at 15:45.

I noticed to. AS the Release thread promised the stepes have teath now. Especialy the Sauromate. The Saka and Pahlava as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinusCDXX
    249 BC; playing as Getai on H/M
    Casse- nothin' doing
    Saby'n- nothing going on there
    A bit unfair of you. They are expanding slowly, as they should. Considering they only start with one city and don't even have good troops (unlike the Saka's superb horse archers), slow starts are to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinusCDXX
    Lusotann gone...huh?
    Strange. My guess would be that they triggered Moskon´s army and he wandered around in Luso lands until he killed their last FM. I´ve seen him walk about there defeating army after army for several decades.
    The Appomination

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast