Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1508

Thread: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

Default Re: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

Hi and welcome,

nice empire you have there, and nice first post.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bogyman View Post
    HI ALL! First post, first pic! Rome, h/h

Pahlava truly made a big empire! and they even beated my general crassus(but they didnt kill him ^^)
    Welcome to the .Org and to EB. That looks like a very cool campaign.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Sadly not worthy of a title. Member Jurdagat's Avatar

My current AS campaign: You can also see the royal army. :)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Old 1.2 campaign:
    SPQR campaign: Have a character who got Avgvstvs trait 1-2 turns ago, to bad it's stuck on a repeatable CTD atm.

Pahlava campaign: It's actually ca.140 BC not 14AD.

Got a Hayasdan and Makedonian campaign aswell, but 1.0 and 1.1.
    Might get some screens of them later.
    Last edited by Jurdagat; 02-19-2010 at 12:16.
    This is where my signature is.

Sab'yn 217 BC

Since my Roman game fell to a CTD, I started a new Sab'yn campaign. I very much like the AI-Expansion here. Look at Baktria, look at Pontos, Carthage has forced the Romans to become their protectorate, look at the Hay and Epeiros. Love it
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Romani 221 BC

What I'm liking most about this campaign is the resurgent factions that started to dominate.
    Epeiros was down to only Ambrakia and Epidamnos for 20 some-odd years before blitzing Greece.
    Makedonia was falling slowly until I invaded Epeiros and "rescued" them. Of course they then betrayed me.
    The Seleukids lost Antiochaea by 270, but took it back and took Heirosolyma.
    Baktria lost Baktra so they expanded south and east to survive and are now looking to take Baktra back.
    Pahlava is continuously taking and losing land and just recently lost Asaak.
    The Arverni are just dead now, although they have Galatia.
    The Aedui are holding back the Sweboz and expanding, I can't wait to fight them and conquer Gaul.
    The Koinon might just die soon even though they're finally showing signs of life in Asia Minor.
    The Lusotannans are making a comeback in Iberia after losing a couple settlements to Carthage.
    The Ptolies are holding out against Carthage and the Seleukids and all of the east is in a stalemate.

Two of my favorite things are/were: The Getai and Makedonians entering my alliance-web by allying with each other and expanding around each other.
    And the Saka expansion. They never expand like this when I play.

Sab'yn Campaign

I am so excited, have you ever seen such a beautyful AI-Expansion No cheating or helping the AI from my side, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    Sab'yn Campaign

I am so excited, have you ever seen such a beautyful AI-Expansion No cheating or helping the AI from my side, btw.
    Amazing. Makes you wish you had picked a meditteranean faction I guess. Pontos and Baktra rule. What exe are you using?

Btw: The Saka are a protectorae of Baktria ;-) This way Baktria controlles all of the east.

Being Rome would be cool with this Carthage-expansion, but I'm very much satisfied with being the Sab'yn. It's quite a challenge to fight the Ptolemaioi, who are superior in number and also equipment. The war we're fighting in the African Desert is characterized by strategical movement: occupying strategic positions like bridges and thereby defending the 3 African cities (all defended by one army, which has to move and if needed split up), at the same time trying to move the second army - which should conquer the cities in the south of the Ptolemaic empire - outside the enemy armies range, though not letting the generals get the "tired" trait (coming from forced marching), because this could be fatal, for then they can't escape the enemies hunting them. Quite funny

I'm using the RTW exe
    Last edited by SwissBarbar; 02-25-2010 at 22:45.

Great expansion, and a nice Saba empire too!

I'm using the RTW exe

Then it certainly is some great expansion from Carthage!
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

Hayasdan campaign, H/M

Carthage is slowing progressing up Italy, although the settlements rebel to SPQR or KH.
    Epiros and Sweboz became monsters and hopefully they'll soon meet and clash.
    Arveni are taking advantage of their alliance with SPQR to finish the Aedui and invading Iberia.
    AS stubbornly resists in Asia Minor, despite my every attempts to wage a proxy war, and in the East, they conquer further East and North while I conquer their homeland.
    Ptolemai took back Judea from the Sabyn and are now sending me fullstacks yearly to Damaskos (which I turned into a stronghold out of necessity).
    KH is fighting from its survival.
    Makedon seemed like they were back from the grave, but Pontos decided they made a better target than AS and things are settled for them (Pontos is seiging Pergamon while there's two other fullstacks hanging around)
    Sauromatae are now merely a nuisance, now that I turned my borders into twin layered defenses (they must conquer the mountain passes before meeting another force at the fords).
    Pontos is a reliable ally and I'm thinking of taking Mazaka and leaving them the rest of Asia Minor, anyway, I'm too busy ordering my new empire (Orontid Reform barely underway) to prepare any conquest in the area.

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

This is my current AS campaign, 241BC

The thing that amazed me here was the fact that the AEDUI took on the insane AI fullstacks and in some way took the city. I don't remember any other faction taking it and letting it rebel to Aedui, if that is the case I did not pay enough attention, still it is a miracle that the AI defeated the gold cheved Eleutheroi!

https://i594.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1267138174

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

My currant Carthage campain

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf209 View Post

My currant Carthage campain

I was going to ask how you have Iberia and still have no money, but then I noticed that you have southern Greece. That place is a money pit until you get rid of Eperios, Makedonia and KH. Constant war, I bet.

actually even with my wars in Greece I am Making pretty decent money, not fantastic but decent. The picture was taken at the end of the turn after I spent most of the money. Rome sent two full stacks to Sicily, one besieged Syracuse (who had few defenders) and Messana who's garrison was devastated the turn before in a battle with another roman army, I won, barely. I didn't have time to train a proper relief army so I did what any good Carthaginian would do. I threw money at the problem. I took the one free family member on the island and hired a half stack full of mercenaries to relieve the cities. The mercs saved the day but almost every last one of them died in the process. Oh well, a dead mercenary is one that doesn't need to be paid.

Sab'yn 200 BC

Look at Carthage, Epeiros and the Sweboz

Here is my Saba Game in 236BC, quite similar to the one in the post before.
    Attacking the Ptolemai seems to be the best to do, I will continue that.

For the AI my newbie eye cant see any special activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexokrat View Post

Here is my Saba Game in 236BC, quite similar to the one in the post before.
    Attacking the Ptolemai seems to be the best to do, I will continue that.

For the AI my newbie eye cant see any special activities.
    Well pretty normal for me save perhaps the sweboz bltizing into gaul and the Epeirotes controlling the most profitable regions on the map so they will undoubtedly become a major power. Also the getai seem to be faring quite well.
    Say, are those romans in corsica? What exe are you running EB on?
    Last edited by fraoula; 03-03-2010 at 00:35.

BI.exe, they probably could do a naval invasion because of that.
    so I continued to play and the ptolemaio are attacking back in africa, which really going to be difficult, also Palmyra is besieged by them and if this wouldn't be enough a selecid army is standing nearby which means when they attack the allied seleucid army will attack with them, this going to be challenging ^^

Sadly not worthy of a title. Member Jurdagat's Avatar

1.1 Hayasdan game loaded with 1.2 just to post it.
    My personal favorite out of all my campaigns.
    You can see some wierd errors caused by this, but whatever. :)

Last edited by Jurdagat; 03-04-2010 at 16:22.
    This is where my signature is.

are those League troops in Adrumento and Rome?!?!?! don't remember them revolting to KH^^

and Carthage holds Memphis

well either your AI is really crazy and really fun or It's the mentioned wierdness^^
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Lusotannan (205 BC)

Lusotannan (185 BC)

Have you ever seen Carthage creating such an Empire without any help from the player? (I even fought them once, in Spain)
    Last edited by SwissBarbar; 03-08-2010 at 21:22.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I don't think I've ever seen Carthage AI take Alexandria, nevermind up the Levant.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Have you ever seen Carthage creating such an Empire without any help from the player? (I even fought them once, in Spain)
    Wow, it looks like they're trying to reclaim the old Phoenician homelands.

Perhaps it's because you're persistance against them in Iberia has urged them to go East? Although that's a little unusual because usually the AI seems to put all its efforts into fighting the player.

Epeiros is looking quite powerful as well, which is not something you see often. That split up Romani and Aedui expansion is quite strange however, is it due to revolts?

The Sweboz are also surprisingly stagnant, I don't think I've ever seen them expand so little in almost 90 years.
    Last edited by WinsingtonIII; 03-09-2010 at 19:00.
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.

Quote Originally Posted by WinsingtonIII View Post
    Wow, it looks like they're trying to reclaim the old Phoenician homelands.

Perhaps it's because you're persistance against them in Iberia has urged them to go East? Although that's a little unusual because usually the AI seems to put all its efforts into fighting the player.
    Well, it's not trying anymore, have a look:

Let me repeat: They had no help from me. No regular tributes or money gifts, no weakening their enemies, only trade rights.
    I have a theory: The Carthaginians gain a lot of money through the trade with me (I know that, because also I make a lot of money through the trade with them). I think it's like a huge province in spain they have, giving them money from the west for sending armies to the east.

Quote Originally Posted by WinsingtonIII View Post
    Epeiros is looking quite powerful as well, which is not something you see often. That split up Romani and Aedui expansion is quite strange however, is it due to revolts?

The Sweboz are also surprisingly stagnant, I don't think I've ever seen them expand so little in almost 90 years.
    Epeiros is very powerful, I like that, because - as you say - it's rare. They really had a hard fight and actually lost their only holding in italy, but the romans had attacked me, so I unfortunately was forced to plunder all cities in italy, conquer rome, giving it back to the romans and force them to become my protectorate. When I had sacked Taras, and left it, it revolted back to Epeiros and from there, they conquered of Italy what is now theirs. Massalia and Tolosa - former Roman possessions - I gave to the Aedui (Massalia I took back, when they betrayed me). How the Aedui got their holdings in the east, I don't know.

What's up with the Sweboz I don't know too. I haven't even discovered them in gameplay (when fog of war is covering them).
    Last edited by SwissBarbar; 03-09-2010 at 21:19.

My SPQR Campaign, 115 BC

Just got the Marians a few years ago. Could'nt wait till 107BC, but other than that, i'm playing as historically as i can. Too bad the Ptolemies don't help me.

Very interesting campaing;

Epeiros had control over all greece + a major part of Asia Minor, but looks what's left of them. Ancyra rebelled from them to the Seleucids a few years ago, i have just taken Byzantion so i will be able to train the Thracian auxilia, and they are but a shadow of there former selves.

The Ptolies are just being Ptolies.... Nothing new there. Tried to stop them with FD for a while but gave up.

The Sweboz took those hugely defended cities very soon, so i have to fight them all the time....

I helped the arverni by giving them a lot of lands, and helping them against the Sweboz and Aedui, but once they recovered they attacked me, so slowly they're gonna pay. I'm gonna take from the the Iberian city they have for now next turn.

The Seleucids are awesome. They were down to Alexandropolis a few times, with it being besieged by the Pahlava, but have regained their strenght, and now Ancyra rebelled to them. I'm thinking of taking Sinope and Amaseia and give it to them, so i will have a sort of an Pontic Empire to fight.

Carthage started a Reconquista of sorts against me the last few years, so i had to send down there my VII and VIII legions, and i'm gonna start a Jugorthine war :)

The Lusotana are under my protectorate. Pretty soon i will betrayed them and enslave them! The Roman way of course
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

It's nice to see people playing patiently with the Romans. And I like the color for the Parthians, would you mind telling me what the color code is for that?

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MButcher View Post
    And I like the color for the Parthians
    Sacrilege! Parthians are purple!

You must admit the Oompa-Loompa color is intriguing.

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

Well, they are orange in RTR....
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

I experimented with the colors of Parthia in my last campaing with them. The huge purple mass didn't fit me :)... I will give you the color code when i come home on my comp.
    Just a word of advice. Careful when you hit the marians. I wasn't. The units are awesome, and i started training them like crazy, upgrading goverments, barracks... I had almost half a million mnai, and a few years later i was in the red!!! Didn't know what happened! I forgot that the legionaires were more expensive then the Polybian legions, didn't even look for the cost of the Antisegnani etc.

I had to take an hour to stabilize my economy. Disbanded many armies, fleets. It almost costed me a few settlemets, since i could recruit new legions. Lol... At least i'm back to 200k now :D
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast