Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1508

Thread: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: 1.x AI Faction Progression Thread

Small update of my Lusotannan-Campaign (around 160 BC). The AI-Expansion got even more amazing.

Epeiros - The Epeirotes are one of the most powerful people in the world. They even have conquered the insanely defended eleutheroi-cities in southern germania (many sites of famous battles there) and the capital of the Sweboz, not to speak of Italy, Greece and Thraikia.
    Quarthadast - The Quarthadastim have continued forming their empire. They own all of Africa, great parts of Anatolia and even the east, including Seleukeia and Babylon. Recently they have lost parts of southern Italy and Sicily to the KH, Romans and Eleutheroi. Bad luck.They're about to conquer it back.
    Pahlava - Can they stop the Carthaginian expansion in the east? They too have a great empire and can field massive armies of heavily armoured cataphracts and swift horse archers. In fact, they have the greatest empire of all, if you add their protectorates, the Sauromatae and the Saka.
    Lusotannan - (My humble self.) They have released the Romani from being their protectorate, because they have suffered too much from the war against the Epeirotes. The are simply allies now. The Casse, on the other hand, now are their protectorate. They have been conquered by two armies of mercenaries. Actually most of the fightig of the Lusotannan is done by mercenaries. They hire mercenaries from all parts of the world. Greece, Thraikia, Italy, Germania, the Celtic peoples, even the Steppes of the east. The Casse actually had nothing to field to counter horse archers and falxmen. After having lost their three main armies (around 100'000 men, 10:1) they had to surrender. The own troops of the Lusotannan are devided into three parts. The garrison troops, the army protecting the gateway from gaul to Iberia and the reserve army. They are only deployed in great times of danger, for example now, that the Eperiotes have decided to go to war with the Lusotannan.

PS: Have you noticed? With a great amount of fantasy, the Pahlavan Empire looks like a Dragon, spitting fire (fire = the sauromatae) and burning the steppes.
    Last edited by SwissBarbar; 03-13-2010 at 13:23.
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Epeiros pretty much owns the entire Amber Route, which is totally awesome.

I love the way Qart-Hadast expanded, gobbling up the entire Yellow Death, now reduced to just the city of Susa. Excellent stuff, just excellent.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Indeed, i have never seen Carthage expand so much. It's probably because you are Lusotana. I have a feeling that the factions around you do much better then others. The only time in my campaigns where the AS beated the Ptolies, was when I played Pahlava and Baktria, so i had a much more difficult time fighting them
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Too bad Rome hardly ever manages to expand, despite the economical advantage.

I love the Pahlavan "dragon", though.

Influence:

PS: I was wrong about Carthage conquering back Sicily. The KH have formed a "Syrakousian Hegemony" over this island. I don't even know how they got there, and now this ^^

That's the first time I've seen a "White Death" I think.

I'm loving that Epeiros is kicking people around all over Europe, it's awesome.
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.

Awesome Carthaginian expansion! I wonder what armies are they fielding in the East? btw the strange thing is how Byzantion is still eleutheroi, despite being between mighty Epeiros and Pontus.

My Romani campaign around 115 BC

The world at 100 BC

I've been going historical as i could, and have for the first time 100 used force diplomacy a turn ago, giving Ekbatana to Parthia, hoping that they will start a war against the Ptolemaic Empire. I also conquered a few cities you see now in control of the AS in the west, exept for Ancyra, and gave them to them, making a efectualy a client Syrian Kingdom to help me in the wars against the Egyptian Empire.

I also struck hard in Spain, evicting the Gauls, I defeated a "Jogurtha in N Africa, and made there a new client kingdom, but the rest of the Kingdom wants to regain it's lost settlements every turn, with a bunch of crappy units.

The biggest upset are the Sarmatians. They were in perpetual war with the once mighty Getai for 150 ! years, with no large territorial gains or losses. In a few years they completly destroyed them. If they start a war with Sweboz, I fear i will have an Pre-Hunnic Empire on my back

That's a scary Sarmatian Empire. I'm trying to create one myself, and it's going pretty well so far.
    I wonder if the Ptolies will spread north throughout the steppes.

Quote Originally Posted by Biowulf View Post
    That's a scary Sarmatian Empire. I'm trying to create one myself, and it's going pretty well so far.
    I wonder if the Ptolies will spread north throughout the steppes.
    They are trying for a long time now, but it's a stelmate over there. The Sauromatae Empire is even more impressive then it seems on this map.

They conquered a City, with a Full Stack! of decent Getai troops with 5 FMs. And now they have an army moving in Dacia, that will be impossible to stop. It's almost all 3 gold chevron units + 3 8 star generals...

My ongoing Getai campaign, 220BC:

Macs and KH are pushed from Peloponnesus, because they just didn't quit attacking me. I'm at war with Macs, Pontos and Ladies in red (called Romaioi): i have landed in Italy just recently, and I'm on my way to destroy Barbaropolis. After that i'll sack&plunder Pontic cities in Asia Minor. To hell- i'll just rip entire world apart with my precious falxmen

Here is an update on my Saba campaigne in 215 BC

I could manage to kick ass in Egypt and I think I have won the war against the ptolemaio now, there is not much that they could do now, i will try to end the war and get a peace treaty to purchase trade rights, because as you can see they are still holding settlements on the eastern coast of the mediterranean sea (was this right spelled?) which could bring Alexandria some money. Before that I want to conquer Salamis (which is quite good defended), Petra (that defense doesnt deserve the name...) and Hierosolyma, the last one I would like to give another faction so that I dont share boarders with the ptolemaio. hopefully that will work.

To the AI:
    Suprisingly Epeiros couldnt expand more, even lost regions to Macedonia and Rome.
    Carthage helped me with the ptolemaio but through that the became also a little fear for me, even though we are allied at the moment. So carthage is rushing east just like in SB's campaign, maybe its the same thing because of lusotanne, they have taken all settlements from carthage in spain, and now owning all of it.
    Sweboz are quiet strong but are fighting constantly against the arverni who conquered some gallic lands back from that and got a corridor to the northern coast. The Arverni grew stronger through that, and are also owning the Aedui as their protectorate.
    Getai is very strong as well.

Actually I wanted to post before and after pictures of the war that started between Carthage and Pahlava in my Luso-Campaign. But unfortunately my campaign got lost to a bug/CTD/whatever and so you only get the picture of the AI expansion, just showing the situation as it was when the Carthaginian-Pahlavan war startet.

Meanwhile I've started a KH campaign, in which Carthage is doing great too. They've conquered Italy and even great parts of gaule. Have you ever seen Carthage fighting a war against the Sweboz?

[QUOTE=SwissBarbar;2456082]

This is the most beautiful Parthian and Carthaginian exspansion in a single campaign I have ever seen in EB.

Who was winning the war after it started?

No one. Each could take and retake some settlements. In the end, the CTD won ;-)

SwissBarbar could you post a savegame of say 3-5 years before the CTD occured? Maybe it's possible to avoid the CTD somehow. I would love to get such a savegame, use the change faction script and play as Syracuse!!!

i forgot to mention in my saba game that Arverni became extremly rich during the last 30 years with more than 200k mnai at the high point and now a bit more than 100k. Is this normal? I thought maybe Aedui is their protectorate or are these gallic regions bringing so much money?

That's actually very strange and also really cool. Maybe since they grabbed a protectorate they're raking in 2x the script money and will be able to forge a mighty Gallic empire. It would be the first that I've ever seen.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here is a screen of their treasury, but it seems that their wealth was shorttimed, because they're losing money every round, as you can obviously see, cause theyre already below the 60k mnai line, maybe its because of their war against the sweboz.

Started a new Roman campaign my last one kinda plataued when i got 90+ regions in 200 AD. Trying this campaign to slow it down a several noches.. still had two consular armies built up from my starting forces and built another one at Rome did some rampanging united Italy, grabbed Segestica for the mine there to help fund my First Punic War. Had several years making only about 1k with those two armies but once started expaneding got back some needed income.

did toggle_fow and saw amazing Saba progress. I figure Bostra rebelled to them but they mangaged to grab jerusalem and are holding it. Maybe the yellow death wont be a problem this game lol...

Also what the hell is Gisgo's problem wandering into the desert and staying/getting lost there to starve to death? He did that my last campaign too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Darkstar View Post
    [IMG]

Also what the hell is Gisgo's problem wandering into the desert and staying/getting lost there to starve to death? He did that my last campaign too.
    Example of typical antibarcid tactics I guess: wants to expand south

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    Example of typical antibarcid tactics I guess: wants to expand south
    ya problem with that is he stays in the desert for decades doing nothing. I figure hes trying to head to Tuat but is walking into the desert invisible movement boundary (the place you cant move too essentially a wall) and is screwing up his pathfindiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Darkstar View Post
    I've seen this behavior as well. It will look like they're heading to take Gamara but then they never actually go take it and wander away instead.

I once decided to move one of these wandering armies to Sicily and see if that would spur some interesting behavior, but no. He just keeps trying to walk up Italy, not engaging any Romans (they're allies in this campaign....). I think he's trying to walk all the way back around to Africa so he can wander around in the desert some more...
    Last edited by WinsingtonIII; 03-28-2010 at 17:19.
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.

It seems Gisgo finnaly after several years in the desert got unlost and got Tuat and Gamara for the Carthage. Also seems i was wrong about not having the Yellow Death to worry about. Saba has recently gotten some massive losses (along with their Sel allies). However Saba has at least one veritable fortress in Meroe in southern Eygpt with stone walls and a nearly full garrison of troops.

My Second Punic War has been ongoing for several years now. Started when a army of Carthage attacked my main army besieging Arse (yes i know the historical irony is palpaple). So far they've lost Ippone, Mastia, Bocchoris, and Adrumento. Fearing Gisgo's return (when i had a portion of my army there return to Italy for resupply) I had my Adrumeto commander hire mercenaries in the area to fortify the town.

for other factions seems the Getai have been having trouble with the Eperoits now that they have made peace with the Macedonians (trouble also for the Hellens it at first seemed but not so much their currently beseiging one of their light defended garrisons in greece.) The Aedui have gained predominace in the Gaulish civil war with Aedui with them only retaining two divided cities. The Aedui also have gained the Bondsmen reform while they havnt so their troop quality is now lagging behind, still they have full stacks in their two cities and stone walls to protect them so it will be a bloody and drawn out death for them.

Always keen to fight a tough campaign? Then this Saka save game is definitely yours. The year is 230BC, and our kinsmen are fighting for their very survival. When we came from the high north, everything seemed possible. Wherever we arrived, vast armies of Greeks and Hellens were shattered. On many occasions, our horsemen proved to be worthy of their illustrious ancestors. Some 30 years ago, we settled near Alexandria Eschate and tasted the rich promises these lands hold. Our expansions led us to Marakanda, while we raided parts of India. Our warriors frequently left loot untouched as the horses couldn’t carry all of it.
    It was our king Tavrak who, when young, wandered through Marakanda, Baktra, Gava, Kophen and even Sulek: silver and gold, arms and slaves, loot and whealth we accumulated. Our glory was such that Sogdians, both oppressed by Parni and Hellens, chose our banners. What begun as a gift of the gods, soon seemed to carry the promise in it of disaster.
    The Parni, who were engaged in a bitter strife against their Hellen usurpator, were furious at what they saw as the betrayal of the Sogdians. They’ve made peace with the detested Seleukos II, and are now setting our tents ablaze and stealing our herds. Our homeland Chighu has fallen to their hoves, while the Sakae at Marakanda are experiencing the Parni ferocity. They are worthy foes, great lord.

Those Greeks we were fighting, are almost completely subdued. Should you burn their palaces once more, they can be another ally in our strife against the Parni and the Hellens. It is now that we must prove victorious once more, in order for our nomadic heritage to be remembered. Only if we manage to keep up with our ancestors’ victories and fame, we can dream of a bright future.

The situation…

The situation is, as you probably noticed, dire. As the Sakae, you only own a handful of settlements, being Chach, Marakanda, Baktra, Kophen, Gava and Sulek. Your fighting a war against Baktria, the Arche-Seleukia and the Pahlava, who have no internal conflicts anymore. Baktria has only Alexandria Eschate left, but they still have considerable armies near that settlement and even in India! The Pahlava lost Nisa to the Seucids, but seem to have settled towards the north. Your finances aren’t good-looking either. You’re making more than 2000 mnai/turn, which can be spent on recruitment or constructions. I’ve been ‘living off the land’ to compensate for this issue: destroying Greek buildings (no monuments were harmed) in order to generate sufficient cashflows not to go entirely broke. Your treasury is slightly positive, as should your mood.

The tactical situation is a mess. Your recruitment options are endangered. That means: those settlements that can train horse archers (Chach, Marakanda and Sulek) may fall in the near or not so near future. It is for that purpose that I initiated a migration towards Kophen (bye bye 2000 mnai), so you might have at least some replenishment in the future. Should you conquer Alexandria Eschate, you'll be able to retrain your horse archers there.

The strategic situation is much better. Maybe even promising. Should you take Alexandria Eschate (occupied by Baktria), you gain both a mine and another center for recruitment. Even better: those Bactrian armies wandering around near Sulek and besieging Gava will turn Eleutheroi. You’ll loose an opponent and gain some more income. Should you succeed, you’ll only be left with three cities/borders to defend, which should be doable. You have five units of experienced and armoured horse archers at your disposal to do so, as well as three units of cataphracts. Should your reinforcements arrive, you can count on an additional family member and two units of Saka foot archers. The opposition is largely unknown, and speed is paramount. You must siege Alexandria Eschate and take it as soon as possible regardless the costs. You need to lay siege now and build at least one ram with your cavalry army. Your reinforcements must reach the city from the other side either now, or next turn. If they don't arrive, and Bactria declines to sally, you'll lack infantry to push your ram. Both your cavalry army and your reinforcements have the city within reach... but there are several smaller Baktrian armies nearby. You may take them out before laying siege. You’ll probably face a Bactrian family member, a bunch of low- to mid-tier units and possibly a unit of armoured elephants, spread around the immediate area of the city. If you take it in time, your petty kingdom is saved. If your attack fails, you’ll look forward to both some very dangerous situations as well as at some less upkeep costs.

The reconquest of Alexandria Eschate is your primary objective. After this is done, you can add the remnants of your cavalry armies to Marakanda (securing that settlement against Pahlavi attacks), or you can send them to Chighu. Marakanda is equally crucial, as it has mines and is situated near Alexandria Eschate (mines) and Chach. Marakanda is about to be besieged again by Pahlava. Until now, setting their rams ablaze and killing their infantry with your Saka foot archers made me keep that settlement. It won't last forever though... Chighu on the other hand is occupied by a Parni family member and a secondary unit, but it has mines and is almost fully built out. Taking Chighu will generate even more cashflows, but it will further endanger Marakanda, Alexandria-Eschate and Chach. Careful decisions will have to be made. The Seleucids are knocking on your doors at Baktra, but their phalanxes (including argyraspidai) and heavy Persian archers should be no match for your horse and foot archers. So far, I've been capable to keep them at bay. But without extra funds from conquests, you'll eventually loose it. As long as your financial issues aren’t dealt with (by loosing your cavalry army, by conquering the Baktrian capital or by both), you can’t dream of any expansion towards the Seleucids or towards the rest of Eleutheroi India.

Good luck,

Andy

Link to the savegame-file (VH/VH, huge unit settings - RTW-engine)
    Last edited by Andy1984; 04-05-2010 at 18:03.
    from plutoboyz

I am sorry, but i couldn`t find other place where to post this, so i post it there. The only part in the "Sotaroas" word which i pay attention to is the "sot" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Qvintvs View Post
    I am sorry, but i couldn`t find other place where to post this, so i post it there. The only part in the "Sotaroas" word which i pay attention to is the "sot" part.

wth?
    Last edited by Ludens; 05-02-2010 at 10:04. Reason: language

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

I see.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

Clearly.. I must admit the Saka post above yours is rather more interesting than your stray remark.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051 LastLast