Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Update Released

CA Kingdoms Update Released

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/33549?page=-1

Please keep an eye on the above thread as more mirror links will be posted.

Hi guys,

I am pleased to report that the Medieval II: Kingdoms Update is now available to download from the following mirror sites:

UK Gold Version:
    Strategy Informer
    Worth Playing

DE Gold Edition:
    Worth Playing

FR Gold Edition
    Worth Playing

European Version:
    Strategy Informer
    Worth Playing

US Gold Version:
    Worth Playing

Please stay tuned to TotalWar.com as I will be posting more mirror links as they become available.
    The official update includes the following fixes:

- Forts in the Crusades campaign are now made of stone.
    - Fixed various units having incorrect shield values.
    - Fixed a number of inconsistencies between units' speech and their unit cards.
    - Fixed deployment zones being in unreachable locations on some river crossings and bridge battles.
    - Byzantine Gunners are now available to be recruited in the Crusades campaign.
    - Denmark now has Norwegian units available to them when the Kalmar Union is formed.
    - The Kingdom of Jerusalem can now construct King's Stables.
    - Byzantine can now construct a Marksmanship Range.
    - Mangonels can now be constructed at Siege Works in the Teutonic campaign.
    - Swordsmiths' Guild Headquarters now gives the correct bonus to Knights trained in the Crusades campaign.
    - Fixed Lithuanian Arquebusiers firing too frequently.
    - Fixed various units having incorrect banners on the battle map.
    - Fixed exploit that allowed certain characters' stats to be raised by repeatedly saving the game.
    - New Faction Leaders in the Teutonic campaign now have the correct model.
    - Crusading Nobles can no longer become the Faction Leader in the Teutonic campaign.
    - Fixed Wales not receiving reinforcements when capturing bordering English settlements.
    - Requirements of various Apachean units have been reduced allowing them to be more easily obtained.
    - Fixed the Norwegian banners displaying the Novgorod symbol when out of fog of war.
    - The Baron's Alliance no longer re-emerges after taking control of England.
    - Assassination missions targeting Crusading Nobles no longer expire when they are successfully carried out.
    - Dead wives no longer produce children in the Crusades campaign.
    - Faction heirs in the Americas campaign have had their loyalty increased to fix them rebelling early in the game.
    - Players no longer receive incorrect event messages in hotseat games.
    - Unique models on characters are removed when they change faction.
    - Fixed the family tree disappearing when a princess is married to General who becomes the Faction Leader.
    - Fixed Scottish family tree in the Britannia campaign.
    - Fixed soft-lock that occurred with multiple armies on the battle map.
    - Fixed crash that occurred when disbanding a unit whilst merging two armies.
    - Crash after auto-resolving a siege battle from a hotseat save game no longer occurs.
    - Crash that occurred when loading a battle from the campaign map edge no longer occurs.
    - Kingdoms no longer crashes when playing battles after unpacking the game's data.
    - Fixed unique unit recruitment in the Crusades campaign.
    - Small black rectangles no longer appear on the campaign map.
    - Improved siege auto-resolve for the Britannia, Crusades and Teutonic campaigns.
    - Various localisation fixes.
    - Problem with shadows not displaying on computers with DX10 cards fixed.

There are also a number of miscellaneous fixes and balance tweaks included.

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
    (aka SenseiTW)
    Last edited by Jack Lusted; 04-15-2008 at 09:33.
    Unit Design Lead

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Default Re: Kingdoms Update Released

No it's not

No it's not
    What do you mean?
    Unit Design Lead

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

I downloaded a corrupt RAR twice (US patch)

Yes the download from Strategy Informer has become corrupted hence why the link has been removed, the download from Worth Playing works fine.
    Unit Design Lead

Was it forces of Sauron at work again?

during installation i got several updates errors. anyone else had the same problems?
    invalid or missing target says for each of the campaigns in M2TW or kingdoms
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

...George Patton

History repeats itself because CA wasnt listening the first time (or any other)

Make sure you have downloaded the correct patch for your version of the game.
    Unit Design Lead

Charge Men............Retreat! Member The Foolish Horseman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Terentius Varro
    Was it forces of Sauron at work again?
    no, what makes you say that? it was actually Ming The Merciless

IN Total War I Trust!!

The Foolish Horseman, previously known as GBB

i bought it from amazon.co.uk so that needs the uk patch right?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

...George Patton

Nolan Bushnell Cultist Member ataribaby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719
    during installation i got several updates errors. anyone else had the same problems?
    invalid or missing target says for each of the campaigns in M2TW or kingdoms
    Me too. It returned an error for each of the campaigns when it got to localized.pack

If you have the UK Gold version(where both the original game and expansion came together) of Medieval II: Kingdoms you need the UK Gold patch. If you bought Medieval II: Kingdoms by itself, you will need the European patch.
    Unit Design Lead

ok Huston, i´ll try that. downloading european as we speak.

...George Patton

same errors as before man

...George Patton

Is it the "can't find C:\Program\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\british_isles\packs\localized.pack" thingy?

Hello,

Yesterday I downloaded the Kingdoms Update (European version), after installing the update the game worked.
    But, today I visited the website (total war.com) and another (bigger) Kingdoms Update was shown.

So, do I have to uninstall the version from yesterday (if possible) or do I have to install the whole game again and install the bigger update?

Your help is appreciated.

Caesar Minor.

yep and also the events.dat "thingy" lol

...George Patton

Nolan Bushnell Cultist Member ataribaby's Avatar

same errors as before man
    Me too. I've tried the Euro and the US versions.

Me too I tried all 3

So Huston.....what´s it gonna be?

...George Patton

Are you guys running the boxed retail versions or downloaded versions? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the readme does say it's only for the relevant boxed retail version of M2TW Kingdoms.

I'm at work and so haven't tried installing the European version on my retail copy yet.

if amazon doesnt send boxed retail versions then i dont know dude
    Last edited by neoiq5719; 04-10-2008 at 13:05.

...George Patton

After downloading this update can you just install it or do you have to uninstall Kingdoms / M2TW first.
    Does it matter if you have already unpacked the M2TW / Kingdom files prior to updating.

If no version of the patch is working for you and al are returning that error, all I can suggest is to reinstall M2TW and Kingdoms and try again.
    Unit Design Lead

oh man that´s a ballbuster

...George Patton

if amazon doesnt send boxed retail versions then i dont know dude
    Fair enough, 'dude', but you're not the only person posting here.

As Lusted has suggested, try the old uninstall/reinstall and see if that helps.

Good luck!

To those having the localised.pack error, what operating system do you have?
    Unit Design Lead

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Windows XP Pro, all updates/patches installed. I'm going to uninstall the entire shooting gallery (M2, M2: Kingdoms) and attempt the patch again. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted
    To those having the localised.pack error, what operating system do you have?
    windows xp

...George Patton

No problem here:

- i have M2TW + Kingdoms (bought seperately, and not online), all patched
    - i have unpacked everything and did some minor adjustments
    (some user-created bug resolvers, e.g. the stone forts or kalmar union fixes)
    - i downloaded european version patch
    - i have Vista

Everything works fine: just run setup.exe in the .rar file

Just started a Brittania campaign with the Welsh, reinforcements seem
    to work!

Thanks a lot for the Kingdoms update I'm glad it's finally patched

Arch
    As to what-if, all such thinking is nothing more than simple mental excersises, to see how many details you can come up, but, history is forged by unforseen events, thus, making a what-if impossible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast