Thread: Rhodian Skin Cannot Be Found Crash

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Rhodian Skin Cannot Be Found Crash

I've run into a slight problem when trying to play with the MP edu. It keeps popping up with this in reference to Rhodian Slingers. I've seen them for other factions but whenever I try to load the AS ones, I get something along the lines of 'ebhellenistic_aymar_regional_skin.tga' not found.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Default Re: Rhodian Skin Cannot Be Found Crash

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky
    I've run into a slight problem when trying to play with the MP edu. It keeps popping up with this in reference to Rhodian Slingers. I've seen them for other factions but whenever I try to load the AS ones, I get something along the lines of 'ebhellenistic_aymar_regional_skin.tga' not found.
    have you tried the eb validation tool? sounds like its a corrupt install, my bet is you´ll have to reinstall it, but try the eb validation tool first is my advice.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Nah, it's a minor mistake in the DMB. ATM it reads
    Code:
    type				african_missile_african_iberian_rhodian_slingers
    skeleton			fs_slinger, fs_slinger
    indiv_range			40
    ---
    texture				numidia, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_rhodian_slingers_aymar_regional.TGA
    texture				romans_julii, eb/data/models_unit/textures/roman/ebhellenistic_infantry_rhodian_slingers_aymar_regional.TGA
    texture				carthage, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_rhodian_slingers_aymar_regional.TGA
    ---
    when what it should read is
    Code:
    type				african_missile_african_iberian_rhodian_slingers
    skeleton			fs_slinger, fs_slinger
    indiv_range			40
    ---
    texture				numidia, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_rhodian_slingers_aymar_regional.TGA
    texture				romans_julii, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_rhodian_slingers_aymar_regional.TGA
    texture				carthage, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_rhodian_slingers_aymar_regional.TGA
    ---
    ...although the fact the unit doesn't have a sprite in yet may also be involved (should just make them disappear or go grey-peasant or somesuch when you zoom far away enough though...).
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Check if the sprite is properly spelled as well. It should be [something]/greek/[more_stuff].spr

Though the fact that the Rhodian slinger simply does not have sprites makes this a bit of a moot point.

What is important, though, is that the Rhodian slinger is now more or less bound to cause a crash at the first loading attempt of some battle involving them. This crash should not be repeatable for each individual battle; though - meaning: save your game before entering a battle with/against Rhodian slingers. If you do not crash: you are lucky; if you don't: no worries, just reload the game and try again - it should work then.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Yeah, there's a faulty sprite folder assignement with the Romans;
    Code:
    model_sprite		numidia, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/greek/ebsprite_rhodian_slingers_all.spr
    model_sprite		seleucid, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/roman/ebsprite_rhodian_slingers_all.spr
    model_sprite		carthage, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/greek/ebsprite_rhodian_slingers_all.spr
    rather than
    Code:
    model_sprite		numidia, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/greek/ebsprite_rhodian_slingers_all.spr
    model_sprite		seleucid, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/greek/ebsprite_rhodian_slingers_all.spr
    model_sprite		carthage, 60.0, eb/data/sprites/greek/ebsprite_rhodian_slingers_all.spr
    ...but I figured posting that would've been a little on the pointless side since the sprites don't exist in the first place, and the appropriate fixing can presumably be done if and when those get put in.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

This is clearly material for a hotfix release, or a stickied fix like the ones I've done previously.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

@Bovi: the fix is already, ready made. Just make sure to delete the dmb from the following archive (found in Bonny's uploads in the private section of the FTP) sprites_new.rar. When done, could you put it in the public section of the FTP for download?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I'll do that right now, taking Redmeth's DMB change with it, which I presume covers what Watchman says here.
    Last edited by bovi; 04-12-2008 at 23:58.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Yeah, Redmeth Da Man committed the fix a while ago.
    Last edited by Watchman; 04-13-2008 at 18:47.