Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Roman Allied Legions

Default Re: Roman Allied Legions

MarcusAureliusAntoninus

I'm pretty sure, it is not.
    I wonder how this mod was incorporated into 1.2 minimod...and working too.
    And i too await a confirmation,if the mod is working with Eb 1.2
    Oh and,can this mod be considered historically accurate?,a historian might like to answer this one
    Last edited by cultist; 01-03-2009 at 19:57.
    naked fanatic

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Well... I did it myself

I updated the mod in order to add it to the others =P

and about the accuracy... I'm no historian,but, it's the best we can get... It is true that sammnites and bruttians weren't all over the peninsula, but it is true that only the romans (from Rome) were able to join the hastati, princeps and triarii, the allied forces were... diferent, in equipment and battle armor etcetera, so... for me is better to recruit true romans from Rome Only
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

well its working for 1.2 also if anyone is wondering
    recruited brutii infantry and samnites,and the units have their province legion name.

PS: i played a mod just like this one for RTR,but it was quite complex,having modified infantry for all of the italian provinces,except rome,and you couldnt recruit etrurian units for example anywhere else.
    naked fanatic

I haven't been able to look through each page, but I wanted to know if anyone else, when recruiting allied legion units (i.e. not the Roman Camillian ones) if they just get "Legio" after the name and nothing else after it.
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 01-04-2009 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I haven't been able to look through each page, but I wanted to know if anyone else, when recruiting allied legion units (i.e. not the Roman Camillian ones) if they just get "Legio" after the name and nothing else after it.
    Ya I get the same thing as well.. Ironically, when I installed the mod, about a couple of days ago, it actually not only said Legio, but also had a number and the city where they were recruited.

In the end, it felt a bit weird, as no matter what, if I recruited 2 units, the first unit would be Legio I "City Name", the 2nd unit "Legio II "City Name" .. But I did a complete reinstall of the mod, to go with the mini-mod pack, and all its other mods it has recommended to download, which in fact all of them are great, so excellent job.

Not sure whether I prefer just the "Legio" or if that's a bug, I'd be curious to find out as well.

thanks!

MP

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Delete the map.rwm, let the engine create a new one, then copy paste the newly generated rwm to SP edu backup Folder, you should get the legion number and city after doing so
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    Delete the map.rwm, let the engine create a new one, then copy paste the newly generated rwm to SP edu backup Folder, you should get the legion number and city after doing so
    EDIT: Well, fixed it, but I had an extra step there, I also had to delete not only the map.rwm in the base folder, but also the map.rwm in the SP edu backup folder.. Loaded the game, popped up a little error that it couldn't copy the map.rwm or something.. However, it still proceeded to load up the game, then started a new single player game, and the Legio and Cities were there. Then exited it, and copy and pasted the map.rwm it generated in the base folder into the SP edu backup folder.. And then loaded up my saved game, and it still had "legio" only on my existing units, however, every new unit created after would get the "legio" and "city" name attached so its fixed.

Now I do have a curious question whether this is intended or not.. Let's say as an example, I create one Hastati Saminite in Capua, end turn, the unit would appear as "Legio I Campainia" , then I go ahead and create another Hastati Saminite, and end turn that would appear as Legio II Campainia" basically the question I have, is this intended? is it suppose to get to the next number after creating another unit in that same settlement? and it would also do this in rome as well, when I create a Hastati it would say Legio I, then I create a Principes, it would say Legio II..

thanks,

MP
    Last edited by mp84; 01-05-2009 at 04:40.

Hi,

i think someone has to update this good minimod, because the "export_descr_buildings.txt" from this mod has no entry of the new client ruler script.

So, if you build a type 4 gov (in my current rome game) you cant build a client ruler with the txt from the mod.

Can someone handle this?

sorry for my englisch.

Konny,
    I´m still playing EB 1.1 with all available fixes installed. In order to enjoy your mini-mod without any problems… what exactly must I install or, alternatively, delete from my files? Is this mod really save-game compatible? I just advanced in the Marian era and already trained some “First Cohorts”, Is this a problem?

Regards
    Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel87 View Post
    what exactly must I install or, alternatively, delete from my files?
    It should work without deleting anything.

Is this mod really save-game compatible?
    Yes, as far as I recall I did this in an onging Romani campaign and everything works fine.

I just advanced in the Marian era and already trained some “First Cohorts”, Is this a problem?
    I don't know, but when you are already in the Marians this mod wouldn't do anything for you: this one only changes the pre-Marian units.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Do you know what I have to change in the script that my Marian First Cohorts at least get Legion Numbers (I, II, III etc.)?
    Regards Marcel

P.S. the legionary_name trait is already in the unit-description script

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Is this compatable with 1.2?

4x
    1x

No.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel87 View Post
    Do you know what I have to change in the script that my Marian First Cohorts at least get Legion Numbers (I, II, III etc.)?
    You need to go to descr_regions.txt, what is in the folder ...\data\world\maps\base. There you search for Latium2 and add legion: to the entry:

Code:
    Latium2
           legion: 
           Rome
           seleucid
           Roma_Latium
           52 13 198
           bigport, tradeport, italy, rome, variantro, SW, B, y1, y2, y4, n8

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    No.

You need to go to descr_regions.txt, what is in the folder ...\data\world\maps\base. There you search for Latium2 and add legion: to the entry:

Code:
    Latium2
           legion: 
           Rome
           seleucid
           Roma_Latium
           52 13 198
           bigport, tradeport, italy, rome, variantro, SW, B, y1, y2, y4, n8
    I don't think that's correct konny.

I'm pretty sure I put that in sometime before 1.2 was released. It references the tag Latium2LegionName which is currently assigned the value "" in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

Is there a way to make this compatible with EB BI?

If you didnt already know, the Eb for BI installer changes the unit spacing and adds shield wall to units (including many roman)

When i add this mod it overwrites the roman units to thier original state (original spacing and takes away shield wall)

But if i install the 'Eb for BI' AFTER 'Allied Legions' it changes the recruitment of Hastati, Princeipes and Triarii to most of Rome. (IE. pretty much removing the changes made by Allied Legions)
    Last edited by Svenn; 04-15-2009 at 17:20. Reason: Spelingg

You need to make it manuelly than (what is also a good opportunity to learn some modding) But backup your files before!!

Quote Originally Posted by Atilius View Post
    I don't think that's correct konny.

I'm pretty sure I put that in sometime before 1.2 was released. It references the tag Latium2LegionName which is currently assigned the value "" in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    This entry was missing when I did this mini mod - but this was allready with the original 1.0 version (April, last year). Adding it fixed it.

It is of course not required for the actual version (but neither compatible either).

Ok il try,

But could you tell me exactly what changes i need to make?

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Question Re: Roman Allied Legions

One question konny: I love the naming of each unit aspect, but I do not care for the other features of this mini-mod. So which files do I need to replace to only implement the unit naming?

Thanks in advance.

export_descr_units.txt and descr_regions.txt

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Question Re: Roman Allied Legions

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    export_descr_units.txt
    D'oh! I have that heavily modded, with both the stats and the unit models changed. can you be more specific about the changes in EDU? Such as the units and the parts of the unit entry changed? Because it will be easier to implement your stuff manually than it will be to reinstate all my modding after writing over the current EDU with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post
    D'oh! I have that heavily modded, with both the stats and the unit models changed. can you be more specific about the changes in EDU? Such as the units and the parts of the unit entry changed? Because it will be easier to implement your stuff manually than it will be to reinstate all my modding after writing over the current EDU with yours.
    Hola Aemilius Paulus it is easy in EDU in the line attributes jus add in the end of the line legionary_name

attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, legionary_name

Hi,
    Is there a way to change the legion-attribute given to each unit to say for example "Cohort I Etruria" instead of "Legio I Etruria". As some mentioned earlier in this thread, having lots and lots of cohorts pumped out from the same town called upon as a completely different legion on its own just doesn't feel right.

Thanks for a great mod otherwise!

hey

does anyone know if this works with EAEM.exe alex mod????

I noticed that Triarii are not available by default in Roma, but require the next building upgrade at a cost of 12000. Is this intended? I was wondering the justification for no Triarii.
    Last edited by AstroCat; 11-01-2010 at 17:09.

Does anyone have the original files for this mod hanging around. I'd like to take a look at them and see how they were used in the Alex minimod. Thanks.

if there is anyone who have the original mod and works in the eb 1.2 pleasee cant upload and put some screenshot

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345