Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hotseat General Recruitment Thread

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Hotseat General Recruitment Thread

This thread exists as an easy reference for new Hotseat games that are recruiting, active Hotseat games that need substitute players and players who are available for new games or to act as substitutes. If game is recruiting or needs a substitute player, simply make a post in here saying so. Similarly, if you want to take part in a new game or are a willing to act as a substitute player, also make a post in here saying so.
    Last edited by TinCow; 06-24-2008 at 13:26.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Hotseat General Recruitment Thread (Mk 2)

EDIT: BC2 Hotseat full!

Thanks for your interest!
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 05-18-2008 at 03:45.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Mujahidin_Eastern TIGERS Member AndyNgFL's Avatar

Default Re: Hotseat General Recruitment Thread

Hi, I just bought my M2TW. I'm interested to play this "hotseat" thing. I am new to "hotseat" so I might need some guidance along the way. My M2TW version is defualt 1.03. How do I go about playing "hotseat" ?

RTW [ Gold Edition ] Version 1.5 / 1.6
    Difficulty - VH/VH

M2TW [ Gold Edition ] Version 1.03 / 1.05
    Difficulty - VH/VH

Adversity reveals e genius of e Leader, gd fortune conceals it.

WAR has NO RULES

Saruman the Wise Member deguerra's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia (but born and bred in Germany)

Hi Andy,

"hotseat" campaigns are played very similarily to single-player campagins.

A host will set up the game and decide on rules etc. The first player will play his turn, then save the game, and pass it on to the next player in turn. And so on, and so forth.

A lot of the fun also comes from engaging in diplomacy in the forum, or via pms, or just shouting general insults at one anther (always in-character and within reason, mind).

Your main problem will be that most hotseats are focused on the smaller kingdoms campaign, because those dont require as many players. There are two "grand campaign" hotseats going on currently, which wont require the kingdoms expansion, but as far as i know, both of those are full currently.

we'll keep you in mind thought!

P.S. If you're eager to do something vaguely similar, you could also check out the new KotR (the only subforum of this subforum)
    Saruman the White
    Chief of the White Council, Lord of Isengard, Protector of Dunland

still available to join hotseats or fill in as a sub... but the hotseat I started is full.

Updated my above post...
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Duel to the Death: Fighters Wanted

Greetings, lords and ladies;

The Dark Lord Askthepizzaguy is seeking challengers for One-Versus-One "duel to the death" Long Campaign hotseats.

I've already accepted challenges from Monk, Ichigo, Elite Ferret, Ignoramus, and Grog. However, I finish the turns so quickly that I still have time on my hands waiting for more save files.

I've managed to defeat two so far, and in the rematches and still-active matches I am in very good positions. But if it's not facing me that you fancy, sign up here to challenge others. There is supposed to be a league or tournament between Duelists, but thusfar I'm the most active, and I only know of one duel that doesn't involve me.

If you feel like tackling the AI in a race to conquer the world against a human opponent, or you just want a slow PvP game, then duelling is for you.

Versions I can play:

Vanilla 1.0, 1.3
    Broken Crescent Mod 1.5 (with hotfixes)
    Lands to Conquer 3.1
    Stainless Steel 4.1

I can also host the game so you don't have to edit the files, if you like. Though I don't mind playing a game hosted by someone else.

Because there are only two human players, turns go much quicker (typically) over full hotseat games, and because there are only two players, the strict rules typically found in hotseats no longer apply. There is no 24-48 hour deadline to complete your turns, and being active in a duel takes up so little of your time, because you can play at your leisure.

In order to keep the save files from clogging up the Org's server, it is recommended that sendspace hosts the files or that you play by email (your actual email). Also it's good manners not to clog up other player's PM boxes. Please have a valid email account that you check regularly.

You don't have to have any experience with hotseats or duels to participate. I'd be glad to show any newcomers how it works. I'm on here more than most, so if you have any further questions contact me at askthepizzaguy@yahoo.com.

Bottom line is that we need more players. I'm having a blast fighting 5 people at once, but in order for there to be a tournament or a league everything can't revolve around me, and we need more participants. Here's the link to the Hotseat Tournament: (for Duelists)

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=103841

I plan on starting a Jousting Guild for those interested in 1v1 contests. It will serve as the host for all the PBM Duelist games that are active, and prevent the Throne Room from filling up with all kinds of duelist threads. Here is the link for the Jousting Guild:

I think the Jousting Guild should be a sub-forum. Moderators, do you agree?
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 05-26-2008 at 18:28.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Mujahidin_Eastern TIGERS Member AndyNgFL's Avatar

Can you install "mods" and play "vanilla" at the same time or do yo have to uninstall the "mods" to play "vanilla" again ?

RTW [ Gold Edition ] Version 1.5 / 1.6
    Difficulty - VH/VH

M2TW [ Gold Edition ] Version 1.03 / 1.05
    Difficulty - VH/VH

Adversity reveals e genius of e Leader, gd fortune conceals it.

WAR has NO RULES

many mods are full mods which stand alone in a seperate folder. Some are patches which affect Vanilla.

BC, LTC, SS, and others are full mods. I'm not sure which ones act like patches, but find out b4 you download.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Anyone intersted in joining a Das Heilige Romische Reich (DHRR) hotseat campaign, see HERE for details
    Team member of Das Heilige Romische Reich - a mod for M2TW Kingdoms (TWC)

Note: the above requires Kingdoms to play.

ok my firends i would like very much to play hotseat as it is an new discovery for me.

I suppose any vanilla medieval2 or kingdoms hotseat would be great!

Hey!, i'm currently looking for hot seat games, Mainly in the mod "Broken Crecent" mod, If any one is thinking about starting one, I am very interested in joining if any one has a current game that they are starting or thinking about starting one! I can also do games that have a time requirement that is 24 hours instead of the 48 hour rule. Thanks!
    Merlox

Check out my latest project: Dread Knights of the Realm

while not a "hotseat" per se, you will be campaigning in Broken Crescent, most likely, with several other players, advancing in rank, and perhaps holding the reins of power... if you can take it.

It should interest you, even if it's not the "hotseat" you're looking for. It may be more challenging, or at least a bucket of fun!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Hello All, I want to Inform you all that Broken Crescent 3 Hotseat is now recruiting, This is a new type of Hotseat game, Where there is no Rebels, so this is Extreme player to player reaction. The 1st turn will be truce but after that, Be warned, People who think they can win alone, will be eliminated pretty fast.

I am looking for 7 more players, a Full game will make this really fun!

Any ways, https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=105844
    is the webpage for the thread. Please look into it, It is going to be very interesting and it would be awesome to have you with us!

Merlox~

I've played the Britannia Campaign, an SS and a couple of BC campaigns via TWC and would be interested in finding a game via the org. I've noticed some pretty interesting games over here with strong diplomacy via the forums and some very interesting in character updates. I'll be keeping my eye out for a game or two with this in mind :) I'm a player who likes to fight to the bitter end so there's no chance of me dropping out mid game.
    Xfire: Ulfang
    TWC: Gavmundo

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

The Broken Crescent hotseat is looking for a replacement player for the Ayyubid Sultanate - if you're interested, pm me or post in the main game thread.

EDIT: We found our replacement player, thanks!
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 01-26-2009 at 23:37.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Last edited by Redemption; 04-23-2009 at 15:49.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I'd like to join a hotseat game any spaces available in any? also where do you save the saves to?
    Last of the Romans - Efthymios ek Sparteos

ETW Steam: Little Fox Member mini's Avatar

I'm available for hotseats.
    I got EB and MTW2 (SS6.1 and 4.1)

Only downside: Weekends I have no PC

do you have Kingdoms?
    Last of the Romans - Efthymios ek Sparteos

ETW Steam: Little Fox Member mini's Avatar

I got everything!

But i'm not willing to play Medieval1 or Shogun :)
    Last edited by mini; 04-22-2009 at 11:21.

Calling all Broken Crescent Hotseat fans!

This is your chance to get involved in the award-winning, year-old hotseat at an extremely exciting stage! Defend the lands of Egypt against the infidel as the Sultan of the Ayyubids!

PM me or post in the game thread if you're interested in taking over...first come first served!

EDIT: We found our player, thanks!
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 06-09-2009 at 02:57.

hi - we're looking for a permanent replacement for the Kingdom of Jerusalem in the Broken Crescent: Commanders of the Faithful game.

The game is on turn 40 and the KoJ is locked in war with the Ayyubid Sultanate.

Post here or in our main game thread if you want to take over! We use BC v1.05.

EDIT: Due to lack of response we switched the faction to AI control.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 08-11-2009 at 00:25.

Anyone wishing to join the Stainless Steel 6.2 - Dogs of War hotseat as one of the Iberian factions is more than welcome. The game was just restarted abd we lost our Iberian (he had chosen Aragon).

Found for this game.
    Last edited by Merlox; 09-05-2009 at 15:43.

Hello everyone!

In our Broken Crescent 2.02 Hotseat, Lords of the East, we are currently looking for players for the following factions:
    1. Turkish Sultanate
    2. Kingdom of Georgia
    3. Sultanate of Ghazni
    4. Kingdom of Makuria
    5. Malikate of Sindh
    6. Ghorid Sultanate

You need neither be experienced nor a regular hotseat player. You need only want to have fun, and we'll do our best to accommodate you.

Last edited by Quirl; 02-09-2010 at 03:36.

We have an opening for the very powerful Al-Quds Caliphate in the Stainless Steel - Dogs of War hotseat. Please check it out and PM me if interested!

Stainless Steel 6.2 - Dogs of War has just lost its English player! England is powerful but war weary. A very interesting position! PM me if interested!

Hi - we're looking for a new Rajput Maharajah in the massive bloodbath that is the 'Wrath of the Khan' hotseat. PM me if you're interested in leading multiple stacks of elephants into battle against the Islamic princes of the medieval middle east while the Mongols lay waste to everything in sight..

BUMP - we still need someone to take over the Rajputs in Wrath of the Khan. Please let me know if you are interested!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast