Thread: battle ctd's

Default battle ctd's

I'm getting persistant ctd's when trying to resolve battles. These battles are in open country, not in cities, and occur with multiple factions. I either get a crash when loading the battle screen or at the end when i accept the results. Its not a true ctd--my system reboots. At this point its made the game unplayable.

I'm playing 1.1 with a clean install of rtw1.5 with no other mods and EB is on the c drive and not in the program files with all available fixes loaded. Its 214bc and I'm playing as romani in the polybian era. I have not had this problem in my other campaigns in the same time period.

My save is:

File size: 3.4 Mb
    File ID: 9428980
    Download Link (Public): http://www.axifile.com?9428980
    File Properties link with: info, delete, stats. (Private):
    http://www.axifile.com/fi.php?f=9428980&s=1208747816

As far as I can tell there are no cities rebelling. As these battles are in open country I don't believe thats the problem anyway.

Default Re: battle ctd's

The pre-battle crash should be fixed by the current permanent fixes, perhaps you can run a validation to check that you've installed them properly?

The post-battle crashes are reported to be alleviated by simply waiting 10-15 seconds before closing the battle summary scroll.
    Last edited by bovi; 04-21-2008 at 06:53.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I was not sure if I had all the fixes loaded so I restarted after reloading all the fixes. Thanks for the heads up on the end-of-battle cure. Its strange I had no problem in the beginning with several battles against the rebels. It only happened later in the game against factional opponents.

If you're unsure about the fixes, run a validation.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking