Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    ... revolts of nobility. Any plans for putting something like that in? Having the player to worry more about internal struggles would be realistic and cool.
    Seconded! Without internal tension, expansion gets too easy, even if one tries his best to restrain himself.

BTW - the civil war in your (MAA) AAR added greatly to the story. But it took a lot of modding and console-commanding to represent that.

Would be nice if the game itself allowed for eventual break up of a great empire. Im sure that would be a feature that would payed its worth even if something else (like one playable faction, maybe) would have to be sacrificed to that.

But whatever you do, you will have my support regardless!

Got an idea for an addition to the FAQ, as this has come up at least 2 times. To question answering the timeline of the mod it could be beneficial to note that EB uses 4 seasons per year and therefore it will have quite a lot more turns in it than say vanilla rome, or MTW2. Maybe a comparison stating that EB has X turns within A number of years, and vanilla Rome has Y turns within B years and vanilla MTW2 has Z turns in it's C years. Should stop people from asking for more timespan.
    Call me Ruma. Puupertti Ruma.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Question:

Does Foot wear a giant Dr. Scholl's rubber pad and/or foot powder all over his body?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Perhaps making an 'small/quick questions' thread will help in two ways:

1) So this forum won't be clogged up with the same old questions ever again (or small questions)
    2) So newbies have a place to put their questions and see whether it's been answered already.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I wonder if the max unit size in M2TW is restricted to 150, or is there some way to have larger units like 240, or more?

I believe in Kingdoms the max unit size is something like 250.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Does anyone make a CAS exporter for Kingdoms? I already did that to M2TW.

Vercingetorix's CAS importer/exporter that was made for RTW works with all CAS files in both M2TW and Kingdoms. However, this FAQ is about EBII, please don't ask questions that belong elsewhere. That is a general modding question (in fact both of yours were) and belong in the general modding forums for M2TW.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

I don't play Kingdom much, I wonder is there a way to train a later reformed unit with existing veteran units?

What I mean is, after I got the reform, can I convert a veteran libyan spearmen to libyan heavy spearmen and still carrying the experience? Instead of training a unit.

In EB1 I can only do it by disband the libyan spearmen and train the later one, but the problem is the experience you gained will be lost.
    - REVENGE!!!
    - A NEW DYNASTY!!!

- a very generous bribe from Yarema

will there be hotseat like in kingdoms that would be the greatest

Quote Originally Posted by chenkai11 View Post
    I don't play Kingdom much, I wonder is there a way to train a later reformed unit with existing veteran units?

What I mean is, after I got the reform, can I convert a veteran libyan spearmen to libyan heavy spearmen and still carrying the experience? Instead of training a unit.

In EB1 I can only do it by disband the libyan spearmen and train the later one, but the problem is the experience you gained will be lost.
    Not really possible in most cases. This is because we cannot change a unit stats mid-game. The only exception to this is the armour upgrade, which not only changes the stats of a unit but also changes the model. But this has limited usage as all the other stats must stay the same (so only the armour of a unit can change in the reform).

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Not really possible in most cases. This is because we cannot change a unit stats mid-game. The only exception to this is the armour upgrade, which not only changes the stats of a unit but also changes the model. But this has limited usage as all the other stats must stay the same (so only the armour of a unit can change in the reform).

Foot

That's great, so if I understand it right, for libyan spearmen reform, you will be able to upgrade the armour to represent the reformed unit?
    - REVENGE!!!
    - A NEW DYNASTY!!!

No, because I didn't mention the libyan spearmen once at all, therefore it would be premature and unfounded to come to the conclusion that the libyan unit would use this above mechanic.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

I understand. The libyan was just a sample I concluded that might be applied to the reformed unit.

Thanks for the answer, I can see EBII will have many surprises to come.
    - REVENGE!!!
    - A NEW DYNASTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    Wumpus, if you can show me anyone (I mean anyone) who has ever played to 14AD I will... well I won´t believe you.
    The only way I´d ever play to 14AD was if I got really addicted to a campaign. Seeing it suddenly end would be a true relief.
    Actually, I can't show you anyone, Herr General, because I don't know of anyone who's so; but it would be a nice thing to keep in mind that I have plenty of time with which to take on the whole of Europe and Asia, because I like my campaigns to be taken slowly, deliberately, and to savor every moment of it. EB [0.8, 1.0, or 1.1] is meant to be a realistic simulation of empire-building, and the Roman Empire was able to limp along until well beyond A.D.500. Would asking for a little more time till A.D.100 (if it were possible to be built into the game) too much to ask? After all, I think if a campaign lasts until A.D.14 and beyond, the main problem is how to handle revolts and rebellions, and not just trying to conquer more lands or factions, and that would give a different [but interesting] flavor to one's game. I don't believe that it would be an addiction, but being more of satisfying one's thirst to prove to himself his true mettle.
    And, actually, I don't play much of other games (although I do a little of them) than RTW and its derivatives (not even much of M:TW or M2TW); and to play a very long campaign until the unquestionable conclusion is, for me, total satisfaction.
    Have a very good life ahead. Hawooh.
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." ~Salvor Hardin

Q: Will rebellions\cicil\domestic wars be included in EB2? with the possibility for the player to choose the side?, eg. current rulling house in Ptolemaoi or Seleukia facing tons of troubles which causes instability and unrest and most powerful gov/gen is about to revolt and do so. Player should have possibility to choose the side like it was in MTW years ago.
    Pro Deo et Patria

Quote Originally Posted by Foytaz View Post
    Q: Will rebellions\cicil\domestic wars be included in EB2? with the possibility for the player to choose the side?, eg. current rulling house in Ptolemaoi or Seleukia facing tons of troubles which causes instability and unrest and most powerful gov/gen is about to revolt and do so. Player should have possibility to choose the side like it was in MTW years ago.
    There is no current known way of doing this. There are things we can do to represent civil war, but we cannot allow the player to choose sides. Largely because we cannot allow the player to choose their heir.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    There is no current known way of doing this. There are things we can do to represent civil war, but we cannot allow the player to choose sides. Largely because we cannot allow the player to choose their heir.

Foot
    I recall in Medieval TW always if coup d'etat occured you've been asked: do you back the rebels???, so I thought it is possible in RTW/M2TW as well but apparently it is not. Anyways it'd be quite intriguing to have such option.
    Pro Deo et Patria

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Foytaz View Post
    Player should have possibility to choose the side like it was in MTW years ago.

Yeah...as you pointed out that was a MTW feature, not an MTW2 one. And you can´t add new features like that. But don´t blame CA. Love CA. I do. They created the platform for the greatest thing in existence.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    They created the platform for the greatest thing in existence.
    that's true!!!
    Pro Deo et Patria

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

What about horde factions in M2TW engine... will the Yuezhi Back? I love them very much...
    And how about the aedui, averni, sweboz, casse, sauromatae, and saka, can play as horde faction?

I know a M2TW mod that allows the players to play as mongols / timurids... perhaps enlarging the map a bit, and place 3 stack of yuezhi in the extreme edge of the map...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Yuezhi probably won't be in EB2, still too early to have them in any form.

Hording probably won't be used either, since it can't differenciate between being conquered and displaced. When Caesar took over Gaul, the entire populace didn't pick up and go elsewhere.

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

At least they can emergent as mongols and timurids.... historic enough, right?

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf View Post
    At least they can emergent as mongols and timurids.... historic enough, right?
    It would be quite historical, but the team probably wants to use the faction slot for something that people can actually play. I suspect that, if we will be seeing the Yuezhi at all, it will be as a several stacks of rebels suddenly appearing in the east.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

What are your thoughts complexitywise? Will you outdo EB1 in terms of complexity (meaning more Units, Traits, Regions, Strats etc.) or is that not possible/useful?

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Some things are hardcoded and have a maximum amount, such as regions and units. EB1 has the max number of regions for RTW/M2TW and is nearing the max number of units. As far as traits, scripting, and such go, you can expect an even greater level of complexity compared to EB1.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 12-07-2008 at 22:58.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    ... and is nearing the max number of units.
    How close are you to the limit?

Exclamation Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

How close are you to the limit?
    Yeah, how close are you? Will there be enough for the new factios? And will the Augustans be cut off?

Can I ask if you have any plan of changing the multiplyers on the unit sizes. I would really love to play with higher unit sizes so I was thinking maybe you could make the multiplyers higher on Ultra unit size (or the equal) and just normal on the lower ones.

wich version of medieval II kingdoms we will need? v 1.03 or 1.05?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast