Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

from now until the release we wont 1 (minimum) sneak-peek each day!!!!!!!!!!

one question: what about battle AI?? i play always at maximum difficulty, and i LOVE when i loose a battle, and better i love when i lose one campaign

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gneisenau View Post
    from now until the release we wont 1 (minimum) sneak-peek each day!!!!!!!!!!
    If we do that we won't be able to keep to our timetable and release in August. But we will see what tasty tit bits we can share on Twitter.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    Well, to be honest - lots of the game mechanics previewed were eventually abandoned or never truly implemented in the first place so as far as core mechanics are concerned the previews from many years ago are generally no longer accurate...
    Was this due to a lack of manpower, or hardcoded limitations?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Somnorum View Post
    Was this due to a lack of manpower, or hardcoded limitations?
    Because the people who proposed those and were responsible vanished.
    And because of manpower issues that we always had and still have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    so if in the future you have the manpower are you going to do them

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    I believe one of the motivations behind getting this beta out was in the hopes it might attract new team-members.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    Possibly. Some of these ideas were never really written down to explain what was intended. However there are plenty of other things we want to add providing we have the people; new factions, scripted events, new governments, new units, new reforms......

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I believe one of the motivations behind getting this beta out was in the hopes it might attract new team-members.
    Bingo!

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

have you ever mind to contact the team of "de bello mundi" ?? someone of them are also member of Bellum Crucis team, wich is probably the best mod of m2tw! (waiting eb2 ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    I would think that the building limit would be crippling for most of those ideas. Are scripters still needed?

Do units now have much shorter filenames (given the known path length bug) than they had in EB?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Will Casse tribes have malusses when fighting during teatime ?

Member thankful for this post:

Casse?

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Do units now have much shorter filenames (given the known path length bug) than they had in EB?
    After additional research, @bovi isolated the problem to the texture file names in this folder (taken from my current test build):

C:\Games\EB2-NewTest\mods\EBII\data\unit_models\att

So he rigorously pruned them all, and thus most people should not be affected by the bug, even if they use ridiculously long folder names. Which are still NOT recommended.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Two environmental questions:

How will be the flora of Iran, Minor Asia and Mesopotamia. CA had chosen to depict them as lifeless deserts, which, apart from inaccurate, was also terribly boring.
    EB I had done a great job on that subject, so my hopes are a bit high.

And finally, will those extremely dense forests be included in EB II, too? I'm speaking about battlefields (I think some of them were located in Hyrcania) almost entirely covered by large trees. They really improved the battle's atmosphere, while also making them (the battles) significantly harder to handle.

EB had unrealistically dense forests with giant, oversized trees; they just made fighting in forested maps annoying.

25 hours happy Member xHolyCrusader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    Two environmental questions:

How will be the flora of Iran, Minor Asia and Mesopotamia. CA had chosen to depict them as lifeless deserts, which, apart from inaccurate, was also terribly boring.
    EB I had done a great job on that subject, so my hopes are a bit high.

And finally, will those extremely dense forests be included in EB II, too? I'm speaking about battlefields (I think some of them were located in Hyrcania) almost entirely covered by large trees. They really improved the battle's atmosphere, while also making them (the battles) significantly harder to handle.
    not sure if this would be possible with med2 engine, since it seems that trees like to dissappear when displayed in huge amounts in the same time on the screen.

EB had unrealistically dense forests with giant, oversized trees; they just made fighting in forested maps annoying.
    That's no longer the case:

Members thankful for this post (2):

I would like to see a shot of the sky with clouds. Most of the sneak peaks seem to feature a surrealistically clear blue sky.

What climate is that, by the way?

Will there be reforms in the first release? If so, how many Factions will have reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Somnorum View Post
    I would like to see a shot of the sky with clouds. Most of the sneak peaks seem to feature a surrealistically clear blue sky.

What climate is that, by the way?

https://twitter.com/EBTeam/media

look the sky of the post on 06-16-2013
    Last edited by Gneisenau; 07-23-2014 at 18:59.

I find mysel coming back regularly to have a watch at the sneek peak. Didn't happen to me since a long time, and usually its to see the process of an official game. Everything in that mod just looks beautiful and immersive !

This is an amazing work. What is about to happen is a mod giving to the fans of a game what they couldn't get in the official sequel. It's quite something !
    Last edited by Alcibiade; 07-24-2014 at 00:10.

I've been playing EB for years and have followed the progress of EB II from time to time. Since the announcement of the Beta I find myself daily returning on this site and eagerly checking out the news on twitter. (great pictures btw) I even started a new campaign of EB I with the Romani. Something I abslolutely loved in EB was to roleplay the influence of important families. (e.g. in my recent Romai campaign the "Macedonicus" family proved so fertile and competent that they provided most of the important generals and most skilled governors for almost 150 years...

I remember reading that certain factions will not be represented with an actual family tree but with the system used by the teutonic order in MTW II Kingdoms. (never played that campaign myself). Could you share with us if this is still up to date and which factions will use this system? And will the roman cognomen like Macedonicus, Africanus, Asiaticus, etc. be included?

Thanks a lot for your work guys! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos Karchedonios View Post
    I remember reading that certain factions will not be represented with an actual family tree but with the system used by the teutonic order in MTW II Kingdoms. (never played that campaign myself). Could you share with us if this is still up to date and which factions will use this system? And will the roman cognomen like Macedonicus, Africanus, Asiaticus, etc. be included?
    Can't speak to the Roman question but most of the Barbarians and KH get the teutonic system. Personally I find families more immersive, but the teutonic system is more historically accurate for those who are getting it.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

have you already posted a map of the campaign with the factions starting regions? if yes can you tell me where is, if not, can you post please?? D

Quote Originally Posted by Gneisenau View Post
    have you already posted a map of the campaign with the factions starting regions? if yes can you tell me where is, if not, can you post please?? D
    It's been posted before:

Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 07-29-2014 at 11:34.

Members thankful for this post (2):

So that is the EBII map? Can't wait

That isn't the actual map of EB2, although the startingpositions are are rougly the same. Here is the right one (Just look at the narrow province in the right corner. It was freshly implemented in EB2 to give Taksashila one more province to expand):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpn9.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	13833

In general when I install kingdoms to play a mod I usually set just one campaign to gain some space on my HD, and I usually choose the "Teutonic" campaign which is the lighter in Gb.
    Except that this time I have this superstitious feeling that I should install the "Crusades" campaign or some eastern models or map parts wont be there that EB2 would use.

Does it make a difference ?
    Last edited by Alcibiade; 08-06-2014 at 02:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiade View Post
    Hum, the following question might be a really noob one...

In general when I install kingdoms to play a mod I usually set just one campaign to gain some space on my HD, and I usually choose the "Teutonic" campaign which is the lighter in Gb.
    Except that this time I have this superstitious feeling that I should install the "Crusades" campaign or some eastern models or map parts wont be there that EB2 would use.

Does it make a difference ?.
    I don't think it makes any difference, as long as you install one. I just installed them all, it's not like I'm struggling for space since RTW is the only other game I have installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiade View Post

Does it make a difference ?
    That's an interesting question. EB2 is a total conversion mod, but we borrowed many of the settlements from De Bello Mundi, and quite a number of those were based on Kingdoms settlements (to include Americas). I dug into the files (but not really since November), and most of the references went back to vanilla files (walls especially), so.....maybe you do. If somebody here has time, post some questions in the technical help forums (Org and TWC) or even with some of the active M2TW released mods, to see if somebody can confirm the need (or not) for the full set of kingdoms campaigns.

The simple solution is to "install everything", but if space is tight, then ask around to be sure.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast