Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

This culture talk sounds very much like RTW:2 I think that the EB team won't have much difficulty in modding it :)

AND YES I AM STILL LOOKING TO PLAY EB:2! I will not abandon! :)

Member Member TiberiusClaudiusMarcellus's Avatar

Hey all, been a long time since I've last been on, but still hoping beyond hope that EB II is getting worked on. I've been going over the previews - half of which I never even knew existed and I have to say I'm stoked. Specifically, I was floored by the college-level historocity in the Arevaci thread. That's some serious academic work - like watching what the History Channel used to be. Many thanks and kudos to those involved. I even re-installed EB fresh this week and am kicking butt in an Epirus campaign, attempting to RP hardcore. I am so very thankful for the day in 2008 that I accidentally stumbled upon v1.1.

That said, I'm going to commit a mortal sin around here and ask for a guesstimate on the time frame to release. I know we get told "it's done when it's done", but I find that a little disingenious. It's been over 6 years since the talk of EB II began and work is getting done. I greatly appreciate the task at hand and am out of the loop when it comes to the specifics of the troubles which have beleaguered the volunteers. However, at this point there has to be some kind of generalized notion of when the game will be released, even in Beta. It would be beyond conscienable for the project manager to have truly zero idea of where his team was. So, I'm asking you to throw us, the fans, a bone. I realize you don't owe us a single thing and you're all working as hard as you can, when you can, with what you have. I recognize that and am truly thankful for it.

I don't care if the release is tomorrow, a month from now, or even in another 6 years. Sure, the sooner the better, of course, but it will come out when it comes out and I'll download it and love it all the same. I'm just really tired of hearing "It's done when it's done" as if its some kind of state secret or that we're children and you are our parents who know better and don't want to explain anything other than with "because I said so". Let's treat each other like adults and have some transparency here. Some may be disappointed by the answer, but others may be motivated to help if the release date is abysmally distant.

So what is it? A day? A week? A month? A year? A decade? When can we reasonably expect (understanding that it's all a Work In Progress) some sort of release.

Thanks, from the fans.

Members thankful for this post (3):

They probably are unable to answer that but I think this question can be answered; What major tasks or obstacles need to be completed before the release of EB2? I.e map needs to be finished, etc etc etc.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

@Moros @Haithabas Would one of you two gentlemen be able to offer an thoughts?

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Member thankful for this post:

One of the major tasks will be/is the Celtic Tribal System, this contains research, concept, descriptions, EDB, traits, UI and tons of scripts.
    In the 2D/3D department we need to ifinsh the last 2-3 units ( say thank you to Nazgool!) and the remaining generals, captains and standard-bearers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haithabas View Post
    One of the major tasks will be/is the Celtic Tribal System, this contains research, concept, descriptions, EDB, traits, UI and tons of scripts.

Thanks a lot EB team, it sort of gives me this idea of some tasks in the way before v1.0.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

I should also add that we have made good headway with the Nomad and Celtic settlements. There has been an unfortunate setback with the Roman settlements due to a member going awol but settlements should prove much easier than unit, especially now that we have resolved many of the path finding issues which confronted us before. Once again, 3D modellers welcome to help us build settlements.

Fantastic glad to hear things going well (except the awol bit) we, the fans, await

Hi guys , im wondering how to get to / or join the Campus Maritius permission group...cant seem to see the groups anywhere on .org

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    Hi guys , im wondering how to get to / or join the Campus Maritius permission group...cant seem to see the groups anywhere on .org
    Hey,

click on your profile and go down-left at permission groups and join groups.

GRANTO 

Blog Entries

How is the preview of the the new pritanoi vid going on? also badass parthain horse archer on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Aléxandros_ ho_ Mégas View Post
    How is the preview of the the new pritanoi vid going on? also badass parthain horse archer on twitter!
    It's pretty much completed. :) Glad you enjoyed our parthian horse archer created by nazgool, he's a talented guy.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Is the Koinon Hellenon similar with the European Union?

Not really, more like the United Nations in 1944. It's just because of the limitations of the game engine we have represent them as having a unified government.

Quote Originally Posted by JMRC View Post
    We will use free upkeep under certain circumstances and political/governmental situations. In EB1 the availability of units was controlled through availability of money and that's why the Lusotannan had to disband some units early on, to get finantially stable. In EB2 we can control the unit availability directly, so it will be easier to have a more balanced start without the need to disband. We are trying to provide these slow-moving factions the means to get money, namely through raiding. We can achieve this through the use of PSFs, since they represent minor settlements that can be conquered (without siege battles) and return money while they're controlled, and through traits that give money while the general is in enemy territory.
    I forgot to thank you, that seems great, and surely with make for some very interesting playing! =)

Another question, will there be mechanics (maybe included in the government scripts) to make large empires unstable? Like for example, for AS, when the Basileus dies and the heir is not respected enough there being a chance that script induced unrest causes rebelions in some parts of the empire (as happened historicaly), or when playing as a celtic faction rivalries between tribes causing a split (part of the confederation going eleutheroi). Or maybe that kind of events reducing unit availability on recruitment pool for a while.
    Ofc there should be superpowers but the rate which that happen in total war games is anoying IMHO, I didn't play more with eastern factions in EB1 mostly because I got tired of always having to grind through the Grey Death and its endless stack spaming (because usualy are always the same factions that get too powerfull). M2TW mechanics may prevent a bit that from happening but still happens too much (to my liking at least), and I've already droped awesome campains (in other M2 mods) due to that.
    And also for the player, conquering half of the world should be hard but keeping it for a long time should be much, much harder! I would be awesome if faction progression would be more dinamic and late game possibilities more diverse.
    Maybe not in the early releases but I hope to see something like that (if possible) somewhere in time ;)
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 10-26-2013 at 20:13.

Another question, will there be mechanics (maybe included in the government scripts) to make large empires unstable? Like for example, for AS, when the Basileus dies and the heir is not respected enough there being a chance that script induced unrest causes rebelions in some parts of the empire (as happened historicaly), or when playing as a celtic faction rivalries between tribes causing a split (part of the confederation going eleutheroi). Or maybe that kind of events reducing unit availability on recruitment pool for a while.
    No, not in the first version.

Indeed it was originally planned to integrate an "Imperial Collapse"-scripts, but as many things in EB 2 it was never been finished.

In our first release we focus on:

-Units

More then 200 + (if time permits we will have even more) and unique horses attachments for every faction.

-Recruitment & Migration

We created a complex recruitment system based on colonies, polis, landownership, culture and native troops.

-Governments

We try to create an interesting gameplay experience based on scripted events to represent the expansion and control of foreign countries after you beat them at the battle field. Not all will have the same standart in our first version, some will have more complex events and building trees than other, but our goal is to make them all unique in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Haithabas View Post
    No, not in the first version.

Indeed it was originally planned to integrate an "Imperial Collapse"-scripts, but as many things in EB 2 it was never been finished.

In our first release we focus on:

-Units

More then 200 + (if time permits we will have even more) and unique horses attachments for every faction.

-Recruitment & Migration

We created a complex recruitment system based on colonies, polis, landownership, culture and native troops.

-Governments

We try to create an interesting gameplay experience based on scripted events to represent the expansion and control of foreign countries after you beat them at the battle field. Not all will have the same standart in our first version, some will have more complex events and building trees than other, but our goal is to make them all unique in the future.
    Thank you for the answer! Seems like a wise choice of priorities to me, and on second though my suggestion would be better aplyed as a submod since its probably a matter of personal taste. Maybe one day, when I suck a bit less with time management I'll learn a bit about M2TW scripting myself, who knows?.....

Hello EB team ;
    I've have 2 questions :
    1- Is it possible to choose the heir of the faction just like in EB1?
    2- Will official titles (Like faction leader or Faction heir) change during campaign like say through reform or when the said faction gets big enough? For example Roman faction leader become Principate or Parthian faction leader become Shahan Shah???

Thanks for all your hard works on this mod :)

Forgotten Empire

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Hello friend!

Although the trait system is still very much work-to-be-done, we do have currently a script that does allow for manual selection of faction heir by the player. So the option is there, but so is a discussion whether, if the engine could be manipulated into selecting reliably men with proper inheritance right, it would not be better for dynastic factions to have the game decide the next heir. I would argue that it might add to the realism, because in RL also not always the best men become heir to the throne - cf. late Ptolemies...

Ad your second question the answer is simple - certainly yes!

Unlike many commercial titles EB does not believe in "streamlining", i.e. dumbing-down, so - at its final stage - EBII will be not less, but more, complex and deep than EB 1.2.

P.S.- And thanks to your terrific contribution to EB 1.x!
    Last edited by V.T. Marvin; 11-09-2013 at 11:41.

@V.T. Marvin
    Hi mate ,Glad to see meet you again here after long time

Regarding ability to choose faction heir ,it is true that limiting player choice makes the game more realistic However I think freedom of choice can help the EB players (As those who choose to play this mod are not like other total war players) to make his own dynasty ! for example in my previous Baktrian campaign after about 100 years I somehow created a kind of internal uprising that resulted in removal of ruling dynasty and installing a new one simply by choosing my next faction heir to be of another family (The name of the new family was Choramaios and they were of hetrogenes).
    I generally believe players should not be limited as much as possible so please think more before implementing or not implementing this feature.

Unlike many commercial titles EB does not believe in "streamlining", i.e. dumbing-down, so - at its final stage - EBII will be not less, but more, complex and deep than EB 1.2.
    That's great Let me remind you something , Rome 2 was a disaster but with this recent news about porting total war games to consoles now there's no hope even for future titles and we should accept that this great franchise is dying So at least for old fans like us mods are the only things remained of the old happy days. And EB being the best mod in the series now EBII is even more important than before. So take your time and know that many are waiting for this mod to come out and show CA/SEGA how a Rome2 should have been

And thanks to your terrific contribution to EB 1.x!
    Thanks mate ,I'm really proud of Pahlavi voicemod. You reminded Me the good old days ,I really missed Ario (The Persian Cataphract) He was the one did the main job ,I just finished it. Do you have any news of him?

Forgotten Empire

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz View Post
    Regarding ability to choose faction heir ,it is true that limiting player choice makes the game more realistic However I think freedom of choice can help the EB players (As those who choose to play this mod are not like other total war players) to make his own dynasty !
    That is very good point, roleplaying was always fun in EB 1.x and we should provide ample room for it in EBII as well. In any case the ability to choose your heir is there right now and will certainly be there at the first release. Also technically it is not difficult to make it optional and let the player decide at start of each new campaign.

I really missed Ario (The Persian Cataphract) [...] Do you have any news of him?
    I have joined the Team just year ago so I know him only from public fora and yes, I miss him too. AFAIK he got married and his new responsibilities led him to say farewell to EB and leave. Have not heard from him nor saw any post of his since.
    Last edited by V.T. Marvin; 11-09-2013 at 23:39. Reason: spelling

@kambiz I tried to contact him several months ago to see if there was any chance of him composing some new music for EBII, unfortunately his contact details seemed to have changed since.

Actually, that's not news at all.

I tried to contact him several months ago to see if there was any chance of him composing some new music for EBII, unfortunately his contact details seemed to have changed since.
    This is a big lose for the community Hopefully EB2 will continue to use his works

Forgotten Empire

This is a big lose for the community Hopefully EB2 will continue to use his works
    As the one currently responsible for the Pahlava in EB2, I can say that we are definately using a lot of the research that TPC contributed. I haven't heard from him for several years though. However, he and Steppe Merc left behind a treasure trove of material that we have worked on and developed over the course of the project.

@Mithridates VI Eupator
    Nice to meet you mate. I'm sure you can handle it very well I'm not a historian myself otherwise really liked to help them yet despite being busy with RL I'm ready to help as much as I can

Wish you and EB team good luck
    Last edited by kambiz; 11-11-2013 at 21:25.

Forgotten Empire

I look forward to the game. In our country we love EB1 and still make submods. Good luck with the development.

Which playable barbarian faction is the most advanced and civilized?

Probably the Gallic factions. The Iberian and the Dacian are also possibilities.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast