Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

It is a very time consuming thing to write such a "Year in History", as you have to consult dozens of sources, deal with the uncertainties in the records, if they even exist. Is there anyone who knows with absolute certainty what the Lugii were up to in say 203 BC?

It is only for recent history that such a thing is becoming "relatively" straightforward. Even in late Medieval Europe there were hundreds, if not a thousand political entities. Good luck summarizing the happenings of say the numerous German states in such a period, without a bias to any state in particular.

I would suggest to you to try and write a high quality "year in history" entry, and see for yourself how "easy" it is.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Quote Originally Posted by colonel klinck View Post
    due to lack of courage from the modders ?
    I'm confused. Is "courage" really the word you wanted to use?
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

Member thankful for this post:

QUOTE=Lysimachos;2053596537]I'm confused. Is "courage" really the word you wanted to use?[/QUOTE]

Hello Lysimachos

The essence of the question is not if I really meant this expression but if this expression really meant the reason why this little but excellent "adding background to the game" suddendly ceased in EB1. And as far as I remembered It was the reason why ! There is no provocation from me only simple and cold report of the fact.
    Of course you didn't take it like that ... but instead rather as some sort of heretical notice... Heretical is the word caus' since 2008, thousands of players like me are religiously waiting for EB 2 to come...
    Who dared to say that the topic "state of the mod adress fall 2013 we're almost here" (or stg like that) is now 9 months hold.... and that probably EB2 will not be achieved before 2015...
    After all what are nine months when compared to the last five or six years ! To stay in the classical times Penelope waited 20 years for Odysseus to come back....
    This is not a problem for me I can wait six more years and in fact I'm not waiting any more just thinking :"Hum It will come when It will come".
    It' looks like some sort of game like the frog jumping always half the distance it jumped before, so that each time it is getting nearer and nearer from the end of the line but will never reached it.
    Look, everyone here is aware that all the EB mods and EB modders are quite very perseverant, benevolant, competent and very perfectionnist guys not counting their (free)time and days of vacations to achieve what is obvious and from far the best TW mod ever made before. Though I must insist the facts are the facts.

d'Arthez wrote : I would suggest to you to try and write a high quality "year in history" entry, and see for yourself how "easy" it is.
    Do I ever said that it was easy to write those entries ?????
    There is some mistake about my intentions and on top that no one who knows about "EB2 getting very closer and closer to be achieved"
    answered to my simple question about the existence of such background entries or not...

On the other hand if this is the case and if it is not achieved I indeed may have some help to bring.

So please don't burn or bury me, and what is about "The year in history" in EB2 ?

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Facts are rarely if ever actually just the facts.

If it should ever occur to you to stop and wonder why what transpires in your head fails often to match up with reality, might I suggest you start your investigation w/the possibility this assumption is in error and see where that takes you.

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Year in history is indeed very nice feature, bu,t because it is in the "nice-to-have" as opposed to "need-to-have" category, and because the member who worked on it in early years of EBII development is no longer around, it will NOT be included in the FIRST public release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just thinking about it, perhaps it might become another community effort just like the highly successful province descriptions...

Members thankful for this post (2):

The essence of the question is not if I really meant this expression but if this expression really meant the reason why this little but excellent "adding background to the game" suddendly ceased in EB1. And as far as I remembered It was the reason why ! There is no provocation from me only simple and cold report of the fact.
    Of course you didn't take it like that ... but instead rather as some sort of heretical notice... Heretical is the word caus' since 2008, thousands of players like me are religiously waiting for EB 2 to come...
    Who dared to say that the topic "state of the mod adress fall 2013 we're almost here" (or stg like that) is now 9 months hold.... and that probably EB2 will not be achieved before 2015...
    After all what are nine months when compared to the last five or six years ! To stay in the classical times Penelope waited 20 years for Odysseus to come back....
    This is not a problem for me I can wait six more years and in fact I'm not waiting any more just thinking :"Hum It will come when It will come".It' looks like some sort of game like the frog jumping always half the distance it jumped before, so that each time it is getting nearer and nearer from the end of the line but will never reached it.
    Look, everyone here is aware that all the EB mods and EB modders are quite very perseverant, benevolant, competent and very perfectionnist guys not counting their (free)time and days of vacations to achieve what is obvious and from far the best TW mod ever made before. Though I must insist the facts are the facts.
    Hmm I think you don't get it, courage is not the right word...I think it would rather be that the work required was too much and took a lot of time, that has nothing to with courage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoras View Post
    Hmm I think you don't get it, courage is not the right word...I think it would rather be that the work required was too much and took a lot of time, that has nothing to with courage.
    Hi Thoras, you're full right I did a mistake taking a word for another. The work was too much and took a lot of time so they finally get discouraged and didn't achieve it. Did they ?

We didn't achieve it. Yet.

But seeing that fans appreciate this feature gives us encouragement in our aim to eventually have it back in an improved state.

Let's move on, okay?
    Last edited by V.T. Marvin; 06-12-2014 at 23:04. Reason: clarification of the meaning

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    But seeing that fans appreciate this feature gives us encouragement in our aim to eventually have it back in an improved state.

Let's move on, okay?
    Glad to hear it. Let's move on, indeed.

Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

What are you most proud of ATM? Is there sth that *really* makes you want to share it with the community *now*, but you simply cannot ATM?

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Personally I am very proud of the fact that all the descriptions for all the factions I have worked on are different from one another (with the exception of more generic ones like roads and ports). I could share it, but it's not exactly eye candy.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

You should really publish it as a book because it is very enjoyable and informative but rather inaccessible as in-game text. I will certainly buy it as a way more convenient to read hardcopy.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Will Phalanxes have a secondary weapon in EBII?

Thanks.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

Quote Originally Posted by fallen851 View Post
    Will Phalanxes have a secondary weapon in EBII?

Thanks.
    Sadly no, M2TW doesn't allow us too.

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Baby Jesus is crying.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    Sadly no, M2TW doesn't allow us too.
    This calls for a challenge!

I'll need to dust off my edu 1337 tweaking skillz and make secondaries more viable for pike category units. >:D

One problem was that I had a whole stash of tweaks for pikes with secondaries and bookmarks but sadly that computer unexpectedly died. (From me accidentally drowning the poor old laptop in tsunami waves of water)

I still remember some info and I probably can retrieve some links.

Expect a sub mod for pikes or at least results being shared... ;P
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

will the antesignani return or did you decide to keep them out of eb2? I read they where a bit controversial. Will there be Hellenikoi Kataphraktoi in the first release?
    edit: also will the getai get voices xD in eb they where a bit well.. silent xD
    Last edited by alexkon3; 06-29-2014 at 15:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Aléxandros_ ho_ Mégas View Post
    will the antesignani return or did you decide to keep them out of eb2? I read they where a bit controversial. Will there be Hellenikoi Kataphraktoi in the first release?
    edit: also will the getai get voices xD in eb they where a bit well.. silent xD
    No for the first two.

They will use the greek voice mod, until a new voice mod will be done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    No for the first two.

They will use the greek voice mod, until a new voice mod will be done.
    thx for answerin my question . so they where not historical used in this fashion after all. but the hellenic catas will return in a later build wont they?^^ also will the Taxilan Agema make a return i always thought they looked a bit strange

Yes they will be in a later release, if we get the manpower after the release.

Actually there's a plan to still have Taxilan Agema but will probably suffer some changes.

Maybe that question seems strange but who is battling who in the battle at the river Nile posted in sneak peeks... It looks like AS vs Ptlies and I kinda hoped for Bactria as they get at leat two votes in the peek-poll... :(
    My girlfriend plays EB (plus she is hottie). I won the universe.

Yes it was AS vs Ptolemaioi, there's nothing special for Baktria in the first releae roster as it's similar to all of the greek factions.
    They only have two unique units, Baktrian hippotoxotai and hippeis.

But don't worry, even so they will be previewed in the future.

I can't see the pictures in the last sneak peak about the Parthians, the links seem dead or something.
    ~ Click on the picture below to see First Age of Beleriand & Middle-Earth in a Total War modification ~

Sorry, mistake on my part. It should be working now.

Will late era Roman legionaries be given the deploy stakes ability to simulate their extensive use of field fortifications? Perhaps more importantly, will there be late era Roman infantry in the first release?

No to both questions. So far the only later type Roman troops we have managed (thanks to the tireless efforts of nazgool) to produce are Polybian hastati. All other Roman troops are Camillian. It's an interesting idea, but until we have the late era troops we can't promise anything.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    No to both questions. So far the only later type Roman troops we have managed (thanks to the tireless efforts of nazgool) to produce are Polybian hastati. All other Roman troops are Camillian. It's an interesting idea, but until we have the late era troops we can't promise anything.
    To be honest, given the Polybian reforms are probably at least 100 turns away from the start, I think this is a sensible approach for the first release. I'm sure there's plenty of early-game stuff for factions other than the Romans which had priority.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Will there be unique options for Koinon Hellenon? So to represent that it has no unified government.

yes at least 3-4 years ago some members of the team said so

actually what they said was that each faction would have unique goverment types it was during the kart hadast goverment preview where they explained that if you loose kart hadast proper even if you get it back you´ll never be able to restore the senate of the carthaginian people

Well, to be honest - lots of the game mechanics previewed were eventually abandoned or never truly implemented in the first place so as far as core mechanics are concerned the previews from many years ago are generally no longer accurate...

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast