Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Big question.
    Is there any way to run Hotseats with EB2? If not, does the EB team has in mind implement that option?

Members thankful for this post (2):

Just wondering, do you have any data how many times the Mod has been downloaded so far?

No. We wanted to have counters to see how many times people chose each download option, but didn't manage to get them up in time for the release.

There are some indications though, our own FTP reported about 3000 people trying simultaneously to get it in just a couple of hours (it didn't go very fast for any of them...). I saw about 500 seeds and 100 peers tracked on the torrent after about one day, so there have to have been quite a few thousand downloading that way too. I don't know about the rest of the direct download links. So, with all of that guesswork I suppose there are at least 10000 and possibly over 20000.

I hope we can get some more data on the next release.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Blog Entries

Will the persian voice mod return? Eastern units sound a bit strange right now^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    Exactly M2TW does not have a "choose faction heir" button and this applies to factions with or without family tree...

However our modders have implemented a "select heir" event, which triggers at the start of the game and every time a faction leader or heir dies. This event allows the player to select what family member will become heir and subsequently faction leader :)
    I might have a bug with my game then. I get the same event for the boii, and some random schmuck gets it. It also doesnt work as intended since I cant nominate my faction heir as the romans, forcing me to choose someone else.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperin View Post
    I might have a bug with my game then. I get the same event for the boii, and some random schmuck gets it. It also doesnt work as intended since I cant nominate my faction heir as the romans, forcing me to choose someone else.
    the third guy down the line will be the guy you select. so like this:

iniitial faction leader: determined by modders
    heir: modders/engine.
    the next in line after the heir: your choice.

after that, all your heirs ought to be by your choice.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    No. We wanted to have counters to see how many times people chose each download option, but didn't manage to get them up in time for the release.

There are some indications though, our own FTP reported about 3000 people trying simultaneously to get it in just a couple of hours (it didn't go very fast for any of them...). I saw about 500 seeds and 100 peers tracked on the torrent after about one day, so there have to have been quite a few thousand downloading that way too. I don't know about the rest of the direct download links. So, with all of that guesswork I suppose there are at least 10000 and possibly over 20000.

I hope we can get some more data on the next release.
    Wow! I don't know what is normal for a newly released Mod, but this sounds truly impressive! Glad to hear your work gets the audience it deserves!

What are the requirements to build a colony in a province?

Depends on the faction I think. For Rome you need the road garrison building. The adviser should say what is needed.

In which file can I find information about the possible reforms for each faction and the required triggers?

Minister of Useless Tidbits Member joshmahurin's Avatar

M2TW\mods\EBII\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt

Not sure why a space is showing up...

Member thankful for this post:

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    the third guy down the line will be the guy you select. so like this:

iniitial faction leader: determined by modders
    heir: modders/engine.
    the next in line after the heir: your choice.

after that, all your heirs ought to be by your choice.
    I'm not finding that at all. I choose a "potential successor" (Epeiros), but the engine seems to choose someone irrespective of that choice. It hasn't yet chosen the one I picked.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Will the next patch break saves?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
    Will the next patch break saves?
    Yes, abou said so elsewhere. From the nature of some of the things being fixed, it's inevitable.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

How do I get a doctor ancillary without just using the console to add one?

I can't remember to ever having encounterd one...maybe it's not yet implemented/bugged. At least they are in the export_descr_ancillaries.

Does "Imperium" have any effects or is it for RP only?

2 minor things from the TWC:

You guys twittered, that the Polybian Principes is almost finished. Will Polybian units stay own units like the Polybian Hastasti in the current version or will they be represented as an armour-upgrade like reformed units of other factions?
    I am also wondering if the Baktrian cavalry and hipotoxotai get one more face, representing local Iranian nobles? The current faces look very Greek to me and the unit-descriptions are saying that also local Iranians fought in these units.

Quote Originally Posted by linuslinothorax View Post
    2 minor things from the TWC:

You guys twittered, that the Polybian Principes is almost finished. Will Polybian units stay own units like the Polybian Hastasti in the current version or will they be represented as an armour-upgrade like reformed units of other factions?
    I am also wondering if the Baktrian cavalry and hipotoxotai get one more face, representing local Iranian nobles? The current faces look very Greek to me and the unit-descriptions are saying that also local Iranians fought in these units.
    -the Polybians have yet to be implemented IIRC, though yes, they near completion.
    -they are a separate unit. weapons are too different I'm afraid (polybians get a sword after-all; the current principes get a spear)

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Have new modders joined the team since the release?

What does the "Special attack" mean in the abilities description of the British chariots?

It's a generic trait for units like chariot and elephants to say they are special units, but IDK what it exactly means

I hereby declare my availabilty to contribute to the work of Europa Barbarorum II. I can provide historical contente ranging from region description, troops information, etc. regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihai Viteazul View Post
    I hereby declare my availabilty to contribute to the work of Europa Barbarorum II. I can provide historical contente ranging from region description, troops information, etc. regardless.
    The thread to do your declaring is here. Please post there.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
    What does the "Special attack" mean in the abilities description of the British chariots?
    in this case, it has to do with the fact that the chariot will, when it runs into a formation, push the men aside, affecting the men in an area.

Quote Originally Posted by bisthebis View Post
    It's a generic trait for units like chariot and elephants to say they are special units, but IDK what it exactly means
    as mentioned above.

Idea for the modders: Could the strategic map have the names of rivers in it?

Observation: There is a inconsistency regarding the final of a battle. Suppose You have killed 200 out of the 230, thus 30 survivors, i saw in this case that the 'total enemies captured is 62, at the ransom of...This shouldn't be right?

An idea for military ships. I think a lot of players wished that Rome Total War would have had naval battles, we would then have the definite strategy game in gaming history. I know that the MTW engine does not support that, yet would it be possible to make the battle ships more imposing on the strategic map? Let's say at least half the size of the ones in Empire. As they are now, I find them too small, besides, if we could clearly make the difference between a trireme and bireme on th strategic map it would only enhance our observations skills and with it our historical knowledge. pAx romana.

Observation: There is a inconsistency regarding the final of a battle. Suppose You have killed 200 out of the 230, thus 30 survivors, i saw in this case that the 'total enemies captured is 62, at the ransom of...This shouldn't be right?
    You capture fleeing units not survivors,that means you "killed" 62 units while they were fleeing thus you captured them.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast