Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Yes, but I thin Qvintvs point is that it should say "when it's done" in the FAQ, so you will have less people asking for a release date. Don't think that it will really help, though.
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Q: When will EB2 be released?
    A: Although research and concepting from Europa Barbarorum can be used for Europa Barbarorum II, all unit have to be remade. This will take a large amount of time and an accurate estimate of a release date cannot yet be ascertained. If you can model/skin units in M2TW and want to help us finish EB2 quicker, visit the Recruitment Thread and tell us what you can do.
    It's already in there.

you can't really blame them(us), it's going to be a very high quality product and people are just quite excited for it. I for one look forward to it more than any other game.

Will EBII have it's own campaign AI? I really hope it will, because then it will be, like, the best AI ever! :D

I would like to see it that if you enter the territory of a neutral state or an ally without having military access that there is an automatic declaration of war. That would actually make military access worth something for once. Furthermore, it makes sense. To accompany this, perhaps the AI could be made to value military access much more highly?

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    I would like to see it that if you enter the territory of a neutral state or an ally without having military access that there is an automatic declaration of war. That would actually make military access worth something for once. Furthermore, it makes sense. To accompany this, perhaps the AI could be made to value military access much more highly?
    In what way is this even a question, let alone a Frequently Asked one. Please use post appropriately in pre-existing threads.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    I would be possible but I doubt the AI would deal with it very well, they would probably be triggering wars all the time. Like Foot said though, this isn't really the right thread for requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    In what way is this even a question, let alone a Frequently Asked one. Please use post appropriately in pre-existing threads.

Foot
    It is a question in that I am stating what I would like to see and leaving it up to you to answer if it will or will not be. And if I am not mistaken, this is the thread that you post questions that do not warrant their own thread.

1. Stating a desire does not a question make.
    2. FAQ stands for Frequently Asked Questions. Your desire is not a frequently asked question.

Once again, please use these forums appropriately. If you have an idea or suggestion (your post was both of these) then please post it in its own thread or in a thread that already includes other similar suggestions. Its an interesting idea, and may well generate a discussion, one which I would rather not have clogging up this thread.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

you could have posted it here: What are the main things you want to see fixed from EB1 in EB2???

that's the appropriate thread.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    but I would like to add that the AI does get quite upset when you enter their territory in M2TW, they do not immediately declare war but they get pissed off. - in my first game I played HRE and by moveing my FL into the empire, I got a declaration of war from the Milanese :(
    what I'd howeer find nice would be that the AI would honor the players Territory, or at least give a dialogue option to get them out(diplomat)
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that you can lose standing with an AI faction for passing through a corner of their territory, but they'll walk all over yours. But I'd be willing to bet that this sort of thing can't be modded.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Right, I actually do have some money to buy a new rig, so which of these things is better (I can mix and match them):
    Graphics card: Sapphire HD6750 OR ATI Radeon 6770
    Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2GHz OR AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 - should that be enough?

My tech expert tells me I should be installing the game on an SSD hard drive so it loads much faster; is that going to be the case?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Well the second options for your graphics card and processors are the better choices, it depends how much money you want to spend. For ram 8gb is more than enough.

I'm unconvinced about using SSD's to improve gaming perfromance, they seem to be a bit OT for most peoples needs. Yes they are faster than normal HD's but AFAIK the gain you would get probably isn't worth the cost.

EBII runs perfectly on my 3Ghz C2D with 4Gb RAM and ATI HD4850 graphics card, so anything you go for will be able to handle it with ease. One more thing I will say is that you will need to buy a 64bit OS if you are going to have more than 4GB of RAM, this is because 32bit OS's cannot use more than that.

Will it be ready this year?
    I think thats a FAQ addressed in a sensible manner
    Dacia is my mother and the brand of my car

Will EBII have it's own campaign AI? I really hope it will, because then it will be, like, the best AI ever! :D
    I think so. Maybe not in the first release, but there will certainly be a proper campagin AI.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I don't remember who exactly, but a team member did state recently that he expected the first release to be sometime in 2012.

When will EB II be released? I read about december 2011.

There is no fix date for the release. As I recall the team said sometime next year, but don´t expect it too soon.

Most rumors point to a release in 2012. But keep in mind that some time before there will be a release of the fullversion they will release the Gaza campaign. So I assume the Gaza campaign will come 2012 and let's see when the rest comes ;D
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Will hotseat be supported for EB2?

EDIT - I just saw this was asked before, but no team member answered it.
    Last edited by Stark; 02-14-2012 at 12:24.

With license, I do not know if already they had asked but at the time where the EBII goes to treat itself, will have the participation of the Hebrew people (Israeli) with the culture and the religion of them? If the reply it will be why do not go to make this? debtor!

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorbritesp View Post
    With license, I do not know if already they had asked but at the time where the EBII goes to treat itself, will have the participation of the Hebrew people (Israeli) with the culture and the religion of them? If the reply it will be why do not go to make this? debtor!
    I'm sorry but I do not understand what you are trying to ask. So if you could rephrase, I'll try to give it another go.

On the hotseat question. As far as I know it hasn't been on our agenda. Perhaps it will be in the future.

Sorry, I am brasilian! i use the "google tradutor"

----- Portuguese

Oque estou querendo saber é: É possível que vocês coloquem no EBII o povo hebreu (povo de israel, judeus e etc)? Com a cultura e a religião deles...

Por exemplo, para o nome do Deus dele vocês poderiam colocar alguns Deuses pagãos (Baal etc...) e Yahew (yeshua... etc)

Oque vocês acham? You can use the system for certain buildings to choose gods as it was in RTW?

Consegue me entender agora?

---------------------------------------------- In English

I'm wondering if it's possible that you put in EBII the Hebrew people (people of Israel, Jews, etc.)? With the culture and their religion ...

For example, for the name of his God you could put some Pagan gods (Baal etc ...) and Yahew (yeshua. etc. ..)

WHAT do you think?

Can you understand me now?

Tranks
    Last edited by victorbritesp; 03-01-2012 at 01:56.

Sorry, I am brasilian! i use the "google tradutor"

----- Portuguese

Oque estou querendo saber é: É possível que vocês coloquem no EBII o povo hebreu (povo de israel, judeus e etc)? Com a cultura e a religião deles...

Por exemplo, para o nome do Deus dele vocês poderiam colocar alguns Deuses pagãos (Baal etc...) e Yahew (yeshua... etc)

Oque vocês acham? You can use the system for certain buildings to choose gods as it was in RTW?

Consegue me entender agora?

---------------------------------------------- In English

I'm wondering if it's possible that you put in EBII the Hebrew people (people of Israel, Jews, etc.)? With the culture and their religion ...

For example, for the name of his God you could put some Pagan gods (Baal etc ...) and Yahew (yeshua. etc. ..)

WHAT do you think?

Can you understand me now?

Tranks
    Ah yes. I understand what you mean now.

The Hebrew people were not an independent at this point so we can't include them as a faction it wouldn't be until about hundred years later until they revolted against Antiochus IV. They will be represented as much as any other region though. Possibly there will be regional units, but they will not appear in the first release. They will of course be mentioned in the relevant province description and other relevant descriptions and game elements. An own faction would however be in outright conflict with our criteria and history.

Their religion was peculiar for the age, certainly. Frowned upon even. Will it be included in possible game mechanics and descriptions? Sure if relevant. Not directly sure when and where, but it will probably be rather limited.

Temples will of course be present and again one can opt between a few gods to build a temple for and the effects will be related to the deity chosen.

But remember that at that time, had the entire civilized world, some non-Jewish converts to Judaism!

Could you put to the factions of asia minor, and Egypt and other factions of africa - asia the option of temples to the god of the Jews?

What about the year 0? will have some event that depicts the birth of Christ?

Thank you!

Because I am a Christian, and I think that Christians would like to put the participation of our true God in the game! it may seem silly, but ... Sometimes I get behind the foot having to build temples to bacco ... or Jupiter, or even nirod when they could make space by the "yahew" .... understand?

But remember that at that time, had the entire civilized world, some non-Jewish converts to Judaism!
    Not that many though, at the time it was a minor region which only held importance in Judea and the few places that had large Jewish populations (eg Alexandreia).

Could you put to the factions of asia minor, and Egypt and other factions of africa - asia the option of temples to the god of the Jews?
    We won't be doing that, there is no evidence that I know of for any of our factions erecting Jewish temples or supporting the Jewish religion, the best anyone did was to not interfere in Jewish religious matters.

What about the year 0? will have some event that depicts the birth of Christ?
    When that event happened it went unnoticed by the world. Even in Judea Jesus was unknown until he started to preach in his 30s. SO no there will not be a special event.

Because I am a Christian, and I think that Christians would like to put the participation of our true God in the game! it may seem silly, but ... Sometimes I get behind the foot having to build temples to bacco ... or Jupiter, or even nirod when they could make space by the "yahew" .... understand
    We won't be doing that, it would not be historically correct, Judaism no matter how much influence it has had since, was a minor religion at the time and mostly limited to Judea. Even among the Jews it was not universally practised. You are more than welcome to try and create a temple to Yahweh sub mod when EBII is released though.

We will keep the Temple in Jerusalem as a wonder and make destroying it increase unrest in the region significantly, but beyond that I don't think there is anything else we would do.
    Last edited by bobbin; 03-01-2012 at 22:07.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    You are more than welcome to try and create a temple to Yahweh sub mod when EBII is released though.
    sorry, but I did not understand What you meant to say

I meant that when EBII is released you could try and edit the game to create a new temple for Yahweh for yourself.

hammm!

yeah! can be...

you know when the EBII will be released? have a aproximally date?

you know when the EBII will be released? have a aproximally date?
    That question is asked above and is in the faq. The answer is no we do not have a release date, sorry.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast