Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pyrrhic Dynasty : A Makedonian AAR

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Default Re: The Pyrrhic Dynasty : A Makedonian AAR

I can't stand it! Everyone gives out balloons exceot me... Well, here are 2 from me:
    HA!

Maion
    ~Maion

Taking out the Sabaens completely would mean there's no one left to attack from that direction and as it is virtually impossible to have execute complete control over arabia that wouldn't be the right thing, would it?
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Finally the Sab´yn are punished for their repeated attacks on Makedonike peaceful kleruchoi in Nabataia.

And yeah, it looks like you´ve got two Persian mini-empires on your hands right now.
    Last edited by General Appo; 10-23-2008 at 14:48.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

ALL HAIL MAKEDONIA

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Thanks everyone.

Ever since I started this campaign, my plan had been to spread to the Indus River. The Romans and Carthaginians kind of side tracked me for a century, though. I don't really have plans for northern Europe, though I might take just a little bit more of Gaul, especially if the Aedui finally come out on top (I don't want them to be too strong).

I'm glad that there are actually two eastern factions in the west. I was growing tired of fighting Hellenistic armies. Too bad the Medians field so many Pantodapoi Phalangitai, though. I had hoped that Pahlava and Media would fight eachother and one end up coming out on top, but their alliance holds strong. With only little effort from me, Pahlava went from a rebelling Nisa to a power that could challenge even me in only about a decade.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Arabia. I'll probably pull out for now and come back after taking some or all of Persia. Right now I only plan to conquer and hold the "Maka" area of Arabia, so that I might control the Persian Guld, and then leave the rest of Arabia to Saba.

So unless something unexpected occurs we can expect to see a Makedonia-Median war soon? Well, after the Sab´yn and Nubians have been dealt with of course. Looking forward to the 5th Ptolemaic war, it´s about time you deal them pesky bastard enough damange to deter future attacks.
    Personally I think a conquest of Erythraia would be wholy justified and seriously hamper the Nubians economy. Taking Kush and Dra´amat might be a bit too much, but of course it´s up to you.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

just to overflow you with them.

Could you plz kill off the Luso? They are mud on beautiful Iberia. Then enable Dosidataskeli and recruit them minimally (keep it historical) and ship them to the east, thus enabling Thorakitai Argyraspidai. C'mon, it'll be really cool!

You could use FD to make Parthia and Media fight. That'd be cool - meanwhile wipe out Ptollies. And maybe send some Iberians to Numidia.
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 10-24-2008 at 01:22.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

I don´t know, personally I kinda like the almost defeated Luso´s. Plus, those mountain tribes are real tough to subdue. The Romans had to leave them for decades after taking the rest of Iberia, and never really subdued them. In all times, during Gothic invasion, Muslim ones, Spains unification and even Napoleons invasion everyone has had a hard time subduing them. Heck, even now a days lots of people still fight (or at least wish) for their "freedom".
    But yeah, if they say start raiding the territory of the Arche Makedonia, a punitive expedition to take maybe 1 or 2 regions wouldn´t be all too bad.

Btw, I forget, are they still named Luso´s, or have you changed the name?
    The Appomination

I'm wasn't planning on starting any wars, but in the end nearly all of my neighbors end up attacking me. For now, my plan is to conquer coastlines all around the Arche Makedonia and get control of as many seas as I can.

I was thinking of forcing a fight in the east, but for now I'm just going see what they end up doing on their own.

Philippos fought the Iberians for a long time and has plans to go back there and fight them again, if he lives that long. I don't really plan on completely wiping them out just yet. That is unless they force me to by being annoying, but they are mostly quiet right now. I think being divided in Iberia and Ireland at the same time stalled them. For now Lusotannia is still called "The Iberian Confederacy" but represents those two different factions.

On the subject of recruitment, I was trying to make a couple units to represent foreign Thorakitai units but couldn't do it with just two. Instead I've managed to make three different types of Thorakitai divided by the old continents: Europa, Asia, & Lybia. I have some giant reforms for the Arche Makedonia in mind, but I don't know how long it will be before I'll be able to actually implement them.

Sounds wonderful. Really looking forward to the hopefully eventual conquest of coastal Mauretania and Maeotis. A greek colony suffering under the hands of barbaric nomads...despicable.
    The Appomination

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Numidia seems like an interesting person to be alive, but maybe you could send Iberians to wipe them out. Sure, keep Luso alive, but don't let them get too powerful.

I don't mean to sound demanding.
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 10-24-2008 at 11:38.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Tanais is a really annoying situation for me. I really want to conquer it, but I don't want to go to war with the Sarmatians (my allies). It is their capital, so I can't buy it from them and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to rebel. I'm going to have to do something really complex just to take the stupid city.

I'm hoping that the loss of the coast will make Numidia/Mauretania go silent or at least slow their attacks. If not, I'm going to have to crush them somehow.

Both Sala and Kirtan are valid raid-targets if you ask me. Especially Sala, so close to the coast. Even Garama could probably be okay, I mean, the Romans got all the way down there, so it should be relatively plausible for the Arche Makedonia to do the same.

Don´t know what to do about Tanais though. Taking it and FD´ing back an alliance would work, but would probably require some heavy role-playing to explain why the Sauro´s just went back to being your friend.
    The Appomination

Chapter 80 : The Fifth Ptolemaic War (Part I)

During the same period of time in which Chrysoloras Delphikos waged war with the Kingdom of Sab'yn, Basileus Philippos V suppressed the rebel forces in Aigyptos. After several years of fighting, the rebels had been completely vanquished and Philippos manages to push the borders of the Arche Makedonia to the edge of Nubia.

During the Makedonike Civil War and the war against rebel Aigpytos, the Ptolemaic dynasty, usurper kings of the Kingdom of Meroe, had been allies of Pyrrhos and Philippos. For some time, they had fought against the Demetrids and then the rebels. The Ptolemaioi had hoped to take more territory in upper Aigyptos but had never formed a capible invasion force. By the time Ptolemai VII had finally assembled his armies, Philippos V had already occupied all of upper Aigyptos.

It is debated whether Ptolemai VII gave the order or the Nubian generals in the field decide on their own, but once in upper Aigyptos, the armies of Meroe weren't simply going to turn around and go home. Prepared for some kind of attack, Philippos had moved his army outside the city and set up camp in the fertile regions near the river. One day, just above the river on the dry hills, the army of Philippos meets with the armies of Meroe:

Ptolemai VII had managed to levy huge numbers of troops to fill his armies and fuel his intended conquest. However, Ptolemai VII was a foreign usurper of the throne and many of the Nubian elites had refused to go to war for him. This left the armies of Meroe with a shortage of heavy infantry. The bulk of the forces from Meroe were simply poorly trained, poorly equiped peasant recruits.

This unarmored mass of men are easy prey to the deadly accurate arrows of Philippos' archers:

Although the infantry simply charged Philippos' line, the Nubian cavalry surprise the flank guards when they charge in at the left side of the archer line:

Although it is a surprise, the heavy infantry of Philippos' army quickly cut through the cavalry on the flank and the infanty in the center. The army of Makedones do not even tire before their enemy is fleeing to the south.

Philippos orders his men to retain their positions and soon the second Nubian army is upon them:

This smaller army doesn't even last as long as the first and brakes for the south, like those before them. While the first army is nearly destroyed in this battle, the second army manages to get away with the bulk of their forces intact to rejoin their comrades to the south:

Whatever the cause of the attack, Ptolemai VII now has to endorse the attack as his own and declare full war. The only thing worse than attacking an ally would have been admitting he had lost control of his own army. Now both Philippos V and Ptolemai VII have to fight this war and only one can come out on top. For Ptolemai, this means the chance regain Aigyptos. For Philippos, this means the chance to restore the old borders of the Arche Makedonia to where they once were or beyond.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

While Philippos' army prepares for yet another war, Philippos travels to Alexandreia to better manage the Arche. News reaches him of events from around the known world. First of all, he hears of the conquests of Chrysoloras Delphikos in Arabia and grants his request for a reinforcement army, which is to be comprised of mostly natives from Aigyptos.

News also comes that Euphrantos in Pella has gained an ever greater personal wealth for himself, no doubt through corruption and theft:

With every passing year, Euphrantos becomes a greater disappointment to the royal family. Under the unattentivel watch of Euphrantos, the noble council of Makedonia has been gaining greater power and are once again in the position to choose a new Basileus if they wish it so. But for now the family of Pyrrhos serves their purpose. This is a fact the Philippos is well aware of. He has his own plans to deal with those who may someday oppose him.

In Syria, Sotades too has gained a great personal wealth, but his by trade profits and by managing a prosperous territory:

In Demetreia, Sotades continues to repair the damages of the civil war and add to the great city. Around this time, a great theater is completed that sets the city apart from all the other cities in the east, save Seleukeia:

Sotades also oversees a build up in military power in Syria. Building upon the remains of the Demetrid defectors, Sotades raised a force of kataphraktoi...

...and hippotoxotai:

Together, these units made up a huge army of cavalry that could challenge any eastern power at their own game, but for now they are but an experiment in warfare:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Before heading up the Neilos, Philippos witnesses the marriage of his third child, a daughter, to a noble from Makedonia. Like the previous man to marry one of his daughters, he has social standing but little skill. He is left to finish his education in Alexandreia:

Leaving just after the feast, Philippos sails up the Neilos and takes command of his army. The army of Thorakitai then move into Nubia and beseige the old fort city of Pselkis:

This city had once been the site of many battles to defend the Arche Makedonia's southern borders during the reign of the Antigonids. Now, Philippos surrounds the city and corners the aging Ptolemai VII inside. With Nubian reinforcements coming from both the north and the south, Philippos prepares seige equipment and prepares to take the city by force.

In the following months, Philippos monitors the situation around the known world from his camp near the Neilos.

Word comes from the east that the Pahlava have grown to great size and though they are still allied to Media, no longer follow the direct orders of the Median Empire. In fact, the Pahlava now grow to such strength that they can directly challenge the Median Empire or even the Arche Makedonia, itself:

Of the sons of Pyrrhos, only one has a son of his own and that is Philippos with his son, Alypios. Though there is only one son in the next generation of the royal family, there were many daughters. Many years prior, Euphrantos had allowed his daughter to marry. After some time, word reaches Philippos that this nephew-in-law had won the games at Olympia. Not only is this man a great athlete, but a wise leader and administrator:

Philippos sends word to this Zeuxis Proirnaios and requests that he handle the affairs of Makedonia while prevent the noble council from gaining too much power. So, while Euphrantos is still the official representative of the Basileus in Pella, Zeuxis begins to take actually control of the administrative affairs.

Just south of there, in Hellas, Laandros (brother of Philippos) becomes quite skilled at running the affairs of a territory:

Philippos also sends word to Laandros during this period. Philippos tells his brother of the situation in Makedonia and warns him of the council, Euphrantos, or Zeuxis gaining too much power. With all of Hellas under his command, and more trusted by Philippos than Euphrantos or the extended family, Laandros is given permission to deal with any problems he may encounter in the core territories.

After the fall of Sparte during the Makedonike Civil War, a great deal had changed. Sparte had grown in size, with most of the new population being an influx of foreign Hellenes. Since the fall of the city, it had lost what little that was left of the old Sparte of legend. One event to emphase this is the construction of a Athenian-like school within Sparte, by Laandros:

Surrounded within the city of Pselkis, Ptolemai VII of the Ptolemaic dynasty...

...had only a tiny garrison to defend him and little hope of survival. When envoys come from Philippos demanding a surrender, Ptolemai does not even meet with them. From the walls of the city, Ptolemai can see the seige equipment of the army of Philippos and knows the city would fall. His son is still inside the Arche Makedonia and cannot reach him in time to relieve the siege.

Ptolemai VII has but one choice, to die with honor. Had he surrendered, with his son far from Meroe, there would be a contest for the throne of Meroe and it would fall away from the Ptolemaic dynasty. If Ptolemai VII were to die defending Nubian soil, he would be remembered with such fondness that his son could come to the throne before others could gain enough clout to claim it.

So, the city falls without much of a fight and Ptolemai VII falls with it. Arriving too late to save his father, Archagathos is informed that he is now Ptolemai VIII, king of Meroe and heir to the throne of Aigyptos:

While Ptolemai VIII returns to Meroe to be crowned king, Philippos' own son is on the move. With his education complete, Alypios had raised an army in Alexandreia and begun to move south, down the coast. With orders from this father, Alypios prepares to conquer the Nubian coast and cut off sea trade from Kush:

Alypios' army had been raised in Aigyptos and is comprised of mostly swordsmen. Though they had had a short training time, neither the people of Aigyptos nor the Makedones who had settled there have a strong sword wielding tradition in such tactics. This act of raising men to fight in a tactic unfamiliar to them, would come back at Alypios later.

Around the same time, another man completes his education, the once Basileus Euktimenos of the Demetrid dynasty:

With his education completed, Euktimenos requests some sort of task or assignment from the court at Pella. Seeking to get rid of this "problem" Euphrantos grants his request, even sending him eastward, where he once ruled.

In Demetreia, Sotades first hears of this only a month before Euktimenos arrives and is thus forced to hastily deal with the "problem" himself. Knowing it is far too dangerous to allow Euktimenos to remain in Demetreia, he is assigned to be a governor of a town in Assyria, where he can use Euktimenos' skills in administration.

Euktimenos is accompanied by a detachment of royal guards under direct orders of Sotades and whose loyalty to Philippos is assured. These men are not only tasked with defending Euktimenos from danger but with removing him if he himself becomes a danger. Although, for now it seems Euktimenos has forgotten the days when he could have been Basileus and is openly loyal to Philippos.

The known world in152BC:

Next: Chapter 81 : Betrayed!

Counter-Revolutionary Member BerkeleyBoi's Avatar

Whoa I want to see that cavalry army in action!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    [SIZE="5"][B][U]

*drools* Amazing.

I don´t like the name of the next chapter, it could be so many different betrayals. Gauls, Getai, Medians, you never know. Heck, it could even be the Sauro.
    The Appomination

Or Euktimenos!
    I love the smell of bronze in the morning!

Campaigns completed: Vanilla Seleucid, EB 1.2. Carthaginian, RSII Pergamon

Clear the battlefield... Member Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBoi View Post
    Whoa I want to see that cavalry army in action!
    Agreed...that pic is incredible!

And I'm betting on a barbaric betrayal from the West...
    I have seen the future and it is very much like the present, only longer -- Kehlog Albran, The Profit

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: The Pyrrhic Dynasty : A Makedonian AAR

Nice chapter and nice AI expansion, MAA.

In my game, the Romans killed off the Aedui and the game didn't inform me. Now the Romans have crushed all of Gaul in only very few years, although I weakened them. They exploded and crushed the whole Arverni empire which owned all of Gaul before them. The Lusos in turn, once on the verge of destruction, have conquered all of Spain. It's really frightening.

Did you ever thought of "learning" from the defeated Romans the art of building Viae Maiores? Is that possible to mod in? I think this would simply involve the addition of a "macedon" ownership in brackets? Please, I'd loooooooovvvvve to build a Syrian Highway in my campaign!
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 10-29-2008 at 01:50.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Very interesting chapter.

So, how do you manage to update your AAR so often? I have never seen a more regular AAR than yours. I commend your efforts.

Thanks.

I've only used that cavalry army in the one battle with rebels those pictures are from. I plan on breaking the army apart and using divisions for various armies in the east but haven't been able to just yet. I may use them as a single united force one more time, though.

After writing that chapter, that seemed like the perfect title for the next chapter.

My AI expansion is in control now, but at the beginning I had a couple problems. In the beggining, the Aedui quickly came out on top in Gaul and invaded Germania while Sweboz did nothing. Meanwhile, Hayasdan invaded the steppes. I had to remove Aedui from Germany once and Hai from the steppes a couple times. Then the Romans when out of control and tried to expand northward, though this worked for me by letting me give all of the Roman Gallic territories to the Arverni and restoring balance. After the fall of Rome, I haven't really had any AI expansion problems, though I'm worried that the new Pahlava are going to expand too quickly.

I've actually already enabled highways for my faction, I'm just not using them. I completed the Italian system that had holes in it when I conquered the Romans but I just roleplayed that they built them. I also used highways in the Persian Royal Road territories, which you can see in some of my eastern screenshots. I've been debating when making an empire-wide system... maybe some new royal roads some time...

I try to update about once a week. I keep a pretty regular update but it isn't very rapid. Basically, it just takes me about a week to put a chapter together. Although, the next one is more than half done already and may come sooner.

Chapter 81 : Betrayed!

During the mild winter of 152BC, Philippos takes the opportunity to gain favor with the local peoples of Aigyptos by spending the Arche Makedonia's treasury locally. Philippos repairs the damages done to political, historical, and religious sites along the southern regions of Aigyptos that border Nubia. Due to lack of funds under the Ptolemaioi these ancient sites had fallen into disrepair only to suffer again when the armies of Meroe withdrew and looted all they could along their way:

Across the narrow sea from Aigyptos, Chrysoloras Delphikos also tries to win support from the local peoples. There is a bit support gained from amoungst those along the north-western coast of Arabia, but for now, Chrysolorars has bigger problems to deal with. Two armies of the Kingdom of Sab'yn wait outside the city of Carna. One tries to take the city by force:

The large enemy army comes at the walls of the city with many pieces of siege equipment. Once in range, Chrysoloras orders his archers to light as many of them on fire as possible:

After killing a great many Sab'yn soldiers before they can even reach the walls, the mercenary slingers are forced to put down their slings and defend themselves with their swords and daggers:

With both ladders and towers, many Sab'yn troops manage to get atop the walls, but they suffer so many losses on the approach that Chrysoloras' mercenaries and Makedones maintain the upperhand:

After staunchly defending the walls, Chrysoloras' phalangitai move out from the city and challenge the remaining Sab'yn forces to combat:

Enemy General Sha'ram Ali Yanuf takes this challenge and forfeits his life to Chrysoloras' men:

Chrysoloras' army crushes their enemy but take more losses than a stranded army, without reinforcements, can afford to take:

No sooner is Carna saved that it is once again besieged by enemy forces. Though one must wonder why this army did not come to the aid of the previous army in the battle a few days earlier. Surely combined the two armies could have taken the city, but they did not even attempt cooperation:

Along the eastern edge of the Arche Makedonia, lies the Median Empire. Prior to the civil war, Bykoli and Pefkolaos had nearly conquered all of Media and put an end to this attempt to reestablish Median glory of old. Just before their fall, luck smiled upon the Medians. Neokles died and left the throne of Makedonia to be claimed. After the withdrawl of Bykoli's amry, the Medians managed to rebuild and expand to challenge that glory of old.

During this time, Pyrrhos managed to get an alliance with Media against the Demetrids. Media then joined the alliance against the Arche Seleukiea. This alliance consisted of the Arche Makedonia, an alliance of eastern steppe tribes, Gandhara, and Media. All members hated the Arche Seleukeia and openly waged war with them. Once the civil war drew to a close, Philippos put great effort in maintaining peace on the eastern edge of the Arche Makedonia and had for a time. All things must come to an end, however:

The betrayal had been planned for some time, seeing as Median forces were well prepared along their borders for and invasion. The Medians immediately cross into the lands of Babylonia and besiege the cities of Isidoros' Babylonian Kingdom:

With war between the two largest members, the Arche Makedonia and the Median Empire, and Gandhara long gone, the anti-Seleukid alliance falls to pieces. While the bulk eastern steppe tribes retain their alliance with the Arche Makedonia, the new Pahlava Empire breaks their alliance to Makedonia and sides with the Median Empire:

Soon after, the Medians sign a peace treaty with the Kingdom of Sab'yn and return Maka to their control. This frees up the full force of the Kingdom of Sab'yn to fight Chrysoloras Delphikos, and eliminates a war for the Medians:

Even with a new war on their west, the Medians continue their war to their east. Forces of Pahlava and Media push southward into the last core territories of the Arche Seleukeia remaining:

The war with Media is not only a political and military matter but an economic matter. From the east come many goods that pass through India, Baktria, Media, Babylonia, and Syria before passing into the markets of the Arche Makedonia. Most of these goods are luxury items such as silks, gems, and spices. However, one key trade item from the east has been the critical resource of tin from Baktria.

The Arche Seleukeia had been an ally of the Antigonids for a long time and had encouraged trade through their lands. This trade alliance had profitted both sides and even supplied the elephants that were now bred by the Arche Makedonia in Demetreia. During Aristotelis' war with the Arche Seleukeia, the supply trade goods and tin from Baktria had been cut off, but the rebel rulers of Baktria had managed to continue trading with the Arche Makedonia through the Arche Seleukeia for years. When that ruling family lost Baktria to invading nomads, the trade had been interupted but had managed to continued in some amount up until the Median invasion of Babylonia. Without the strength or will to stand up the the Median and Pahlava Empires, the new rulers of Baktria do not even try to maintain their trade with the Arche Makedonia.

With local reserves insignificant, the cost of tin and bronze within the Arche Makedonia climbs rapidly. This results in an increase in demand for iron, which subsequently increases in price as well. With great military plans for the future, Philippos cannot risk letting the cost of warfare increasing. This leaves Philippos searching for a new supply of tin or even iron.

In Aigyptos, many armies begin to move. Philippos returns with his army to Alexandreia, while the Grenideus family moves up the Neilos with a replacement force to defend Pselkis. Along the coast, Alypios moves against the old Ptolemiac colony of Ptolemais-Theron, now a thriving trade city. With the fall of this city and those around it, sea trade from Arabia to Meroe can nearly entirely be cut off and the economy choked:

Philippos stays in Alexandreia only a short time and as soon as a Rhodian fleet arrives, sails westward along the coast of Lybia. To the west there are enemies of the Arche Makedonia who need to learn a lesson that only a Basileus can teach, though there are other reasons behind and western excursion:

Another army leaves Aigpytos on a fleet, but this one heading eastward. An army of quickly levied men sails down the Arabian coast to help relieve the besieged forces of Chrysoloras Delphikos in southern Arabia:

The known world in 151BC:

Next: Chapter 82 : Hold the Walls

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: The Pyrrhic Dynasty : A Makedonian AAR

Don't tell me you are going to conquer the island of tin.

conquar the smelly barbarians of the tins!!!
    assist ur seleukid allies!! make them fight ur proxy thru ur treasury!!!
    those medians must be crushed!!! send ur newly experimental horse archers back at them for their own game!!!
    Epic Balloon for my Roma ->

Quote Originally Posted by teh1337tim View Post
    conquar the smelly barbarians of the tins!!!
    assist ur seleukid allies!! make them fight ur proxy thru ur treasury!!!
    those medians must be crushed!!! send ur newly experimental horse archers back at them for their own game!!!
    The tin islands. Britain. Could you honestly hold them? They are so far away....

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

I thought there was iron in north Iberia.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Wait, is that a Makedonian army right there?

And I honestly hope you don´t take the Tin Islands, seems a bit...far-fetched to me. But the Numidians on the other hand, they must be destroyed. And then maybe Pyrrhus can return to Iberia to finish what he started.

Damn those Medians. I´m guessing the next chapter will feature an attack on Carna and Seleukeia.
    The Appomination

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

go east, and make a trade alliance (kinda liek that of the sassanids of later period) with teh mighty Sinae!

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    Wait, is that a Makedonian army right there?

And I honestly hope you don´t take the Tin Islands, seems a bit...far-fetched to me. But the Numidians on the other hand, they must be destroyed. And then maybe Pyrrhus can return to Iberia to finish what he started.

Damn those Medians. I´m guessing the next chapter will feature an attack on Carna and Seleukeia.
    Heheh, far fetched is it? But what if the Basileus is crazy?

Celto-Germanic Spearman Member Kuningaz's Avatar

Goddamnit why didnt I notice that this AAR is continues the Antigonids? However after reading the whole Phyrric part I must say this still keeps getting better

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast