Thread: character not found?

Default character not found?

I've been trying to get the "Intrigued by Kataphractoi" trait with two of my generals in my Arche Seleukeia campaign, but after losing 6 battles intentionally (each 10-14 stack armies with 'arrow fodder' units native spearmen, archers etc.) to the Pahlava and Baktria I still hadn't recieved it with either of my generals so I decided to use the 'give_trait' console command to give it to them.

Well when I typed "give_trait Antipatros Syriakos ImpressedByCats" I get the message "err: character not found. I tried typing his name in different with _ inbetween his first and last name to combining them but to no avail.

As a side-question does anyone know the requirements needed for my general to get the 'Elephantarchos' and 'Anabasis' traits? I assume the first is by a governor/general recruiting a lot of elephant unites and the second from a Seleukid Basileus destroying the Pahlava and Baktria but I might be mistaken.

Edit- I confirmed with spies that all six of the Pahlava and Baktrian armies I lost to had Kataphracts of one type or another in them as well.
    Last edited by DeathEmperor; 05-04-2008 at 20:22.

"I fought with all that I had, but at the end I was left wounded, bloodied, and broken and asking myself, "Why?"."

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Default Re: character not found?

Try putting quotes around the person's name instead, and stick a 1 after everything. So...

give_trait "Antipatros Syriakos" ImpressedByCats 1
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Default Re: character not found?

Yup that did it. Thank you Korlon!

First time I've used that console command so I knew I was doing something wrong.

"I fought with all that I had, but at the end I was left wounded, bloodied, and broken and asking myself, "Why?"."