Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea: Since the campaign AI is moddable...

Default Re: Idea: Since the campaign AI is moddable...

It's been a couple months, I just wanted to know if much progress had been made in terms of the AI, or if it has still been lower on the to-do list while you create units.

Well, I'd quess it is quite impossible to test AI if there weren't no units to test with...
    Call me Ruma. Puupertti Ruma.

All you need is one maybe two units to test out the AI. If there is a phalanx unit that is finished technically you can make an entire army with those and try out the AI phalanx tactics.

Exclamation Re: Idea: Since the campaign AI is moddable...

Give the EB Team a break, ACIN. They'll get down to testing when they will; most of them are probably writing their finals right now, much like myself. And trust me, the extra stress is not welcome.

I am not pressuring them, I was asking a question and Ruma suggested it was unreasonable, and I am just saying that it isn't.

I would like to suggest to EB team to look into XBAI (XAI) from Xeryx team. I know that there are some questions (with Lusted) about functionality of all of code which Xeryx made up from the scratch, but i personally tried XBAI(battle ai) in few mods like stainles steel and even in vanilla brittain campaign and the result was breathtaking for me: Generals and other arent suicidal but tries to get your archers or charge into your heavy sword inf and on the other side ai spearman goes for your your cavalry, skirmishers support theirs infantry from back and masakres your engaged heavy inantry with their armorpiercing javelins(damn). Ai archers supporting from back too of course but when I try to flank ai and they have no unengaged troops then archers tries to stop me in desperate move and tries to buy a little time for his army (like i do when situation goes desperate...).
    XBAI is portable to any mod - as the changes of the files related to BAI are made in universal matter.

Some another benefit is that Xeryx seems to be very active and open to help and answer any questions.

In recent time Xteam presented XAI -battle and campaign ai in newest build of darth ages, i am playing now and i am justified with diplomacy too.
    Of course for more info take a look into Xeryx team forums i f you would like.

I think the EB team has said, they will make their own AI from scratch. I could be mistaken.

Yes, it will be great to have AI(cai and bai too) from EB Team made from scratch.
    I just suggested that Xeryx Team(+Darth and Condo) already put a lot of effort into developing of new AI and at least an inspiration from their work could be for good of EB2.

So I am interested if EB team members actually know about project XAI (which is in stage of 3.2F).

I write all of this with best intentions towards ours gaming eperience. What is most important on strategic game? The challenge which you have to face from your oponent. Playing strategic games is for me enjoyable like playing sachs and i like to compete with very able oponent... in sachs dveloprs of AI already made big achivements..

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Agreed.

(what kind of an enemy would just mindlessly try to push year after year somewhere where it gets nothing but completely annihilated each time, till the end of time?)
    <.<
    General Cadorna would like to have a word with you...
    From Fluvius Camillus for my Alexander screenshot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12