Thread: Crash 242 bc as Roma

Default Crash 242 bc as Roma

Hi, I'm having problems playing as Roma. When the Euthurie (Rebels) finish their turn and mine is about to commence, the game will crash to my desktop.

I am using EB 1.1 and have tried the fixes available but still persist to crash at this date. Even if I load a saved game from 248bc it will crash at 242bc. I have tried canceling all constructions and recruiting but alas it will still crash at 242/241 bc.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...7&d=1222511090my save game. Hope you can help. Cheers.

p.s. Some interesting developments with this crash is it seems to be caused by the map of Italy. For some reason, when I scroll the map to to Bactria I can successfully complete this turn and also the turns there after, but if I try to view Italy it will instantly crash to the desktop. I have tried to erase the map file in the base folder to let the game recreate the map, but it still crashes when viewing Italy. I have started a Bactria campaign and have so far reached 160bc with out a problem, but if i try to view Macedonia or Italy the same crash occurs, tho I will point out the crash will not occur if the fog of war has coverd these areas, interesting I think.
    Last edited by ST0MPA; 10-04-2008 at 10:06.
    di vos incolumes custodiant

Default Re: Crash 242 bc as Roma

That sounds really, and I mean really weird. How come that you have managed to get to 24x BC with this problem? Seems to me that there must be some other cause. The location of your view shouldn't make any difference, as the view snaps around to other locations during the AI turn anyway.

You should look around the map for cities that are about to revolt. When you find one, make sure it doesn't. See the frequent issues for more information.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thanks for the reply Bovi. Yeah quite weird, there are no cities about to revolt, and like i said, if I take my view to Bactria I can perform successful end turns, as soon as I return to Italy during my turn it will crash. Would it be possible for you to try my save and see if the crash still occurs?

Once again, thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

Yes, it's possible for me to do that, but I've already got quite a few others that I haven't got around to. Have you run a validation yet?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

No i will run the validation now, btw, how do i run EB1.1 with out the script. I am trying to delete the map in the base folder to see if it will fix this problem but i see that it will load the map file from the sp backup, simply deleting the map file in sp backup wont let me start a campaign.

edit: Bovi I have reinstalled EB1.1 directly over my existing version and I can re load my problem campaign with out it crashing.

Thank you for the time you gave to read and discuss this issue I had.
    Last edited by ST0MPA; 10-04-2008 at 18:27.

Try toggling fog of war off and checking the 'Follow AI Characters' in the game options menu. That helped me to get pass quite a few CTD's (Romani campaign around 240BC).
    My bloons:

Thank you Rage, I will definitely keep that in mind the next time I encounter problems.