Thread: Hello members of Code of Honour

Default Hello members of Code of Honour

I have just joined this legendary code of yours and have been waiting to post this debate that not only I but, many RTW players and historians have been mumbling around about.

Like all great armies of the ancient world a strong and steady backbone is needed to be there as support for sudden shifts in the power struggles of battle. Something that allows a base for a re-group and re-luanch of an attack or defense. However, what unit creates the greatest and most powreful backbone to any army of expansionist aims.

The debate is between the great hellenistic phalanx and the military precision of the Roman Legion. Both, have allowed their generals to reach legendary fame. For example Alexander the Great's Macedonian Phalanx (my choice of an army backbone) or the Cold wall of sheilds and javelins that is the Emperor's first legionaire cohort.

First I will allow some freindly veiws before I give my study. my opinion i like to think matters a bit in the end as i have studied both schools of thought. Not just through RTW experience but, as also an ancient histories extended essay project at sixth form in my college.

I await your opinions.

LET TOTAL DEBATE BEGIN!!!

:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    "The Art of War is the Art of Deception...when concentrated, feign despersion...appear where unexpected...when great appear small...when obvious appear unpredictable....
    LURE WITH BAIT....STRIKE! STRIKE WITH CHAOS!
    SUN TZU ART OF WAR
    ---------------------------------------------------

Son of a Camel Member anelious phyros's Avatar

Default Re: Hello members of Code of Honour

Legionaries - they kick but, and aren't completly week on three sides.
    Besides legionaries have excellent moral and pilums to through. The phalanx is only good on one side and are slow and weak while moving with spears up.
    Legionaries - The backbone of the Roman Empire.
    Did I mention they could fly?
    Last edited by anelious phyros; 05-25-2008 at 23:50.

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Need I say more?

My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Son of a Camel Member anelious phyros's Avatar

I do it's called throwing may sharp pointed things at clustered group, and flanking. Now need I say more?