Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia VIII: Return of the Recommencement of the Revenge of the Mafia [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mafia VIII: Return of the Recommencement of the Revenge of the Mafia [Concluded]

(can you tell I'm running out of title ideas?)

Welcome to Mafia VIII!

Before there was Midgard...

Before there was the Netherworld...

Before there was Capo...

...there was the Frontroom.

Introduction:

Mafia VIII, like the rest of the series that began the noble .Org experiment, takes place in the Frontroom, where the games were originally held before this subforum was created. It is Mafia at its most basic, with only two roles: Mafia and Detective. There are no serial killers, no vigilantes, no doctors, no third-party roles or extra victory conditions of any kind. It is simply Mafia vs. Town.

Roles:

Mafiosi (2):
    The bad guys. It is the town's job to find them and lynch them. Each mafioso gets one kill per night, and when there's only one left, the survivor gets two kills per night.

For the slow, this means that there will be two kills every night phase. And if you're targeted, well... sorry. At least there was a good reason for it.

The mafia have some say in how little/much they write in their kill descriptions. It's up to the town to figure out how much is their work and how much is mine.

Detective (1):
    The town's ace in the hole. The Detective investigates one townie per night and gets detailed, un-opaque (is that even a word?) results. The Detective is advised to send in his investigations early in the night phase, for if the mafia decide to kill him that night and he already has his results in, I will give him a chance to reveal in the thread before he is whacked. If not, you die without results.

The Detective cannot reveal once dead and can only reveal publicly - i.e. no private reveals to the innocents. Don't try to get around this loophole either by posting code in your signature or editing an earlier, obscure post for five minutes or however. That's not part of the spirit of the game.

Game procedure:

The game starts with a night phase. Here, the power roles send me their actions. This means two people will die before they even get the chance to cast one vote. Sorry, but it works better for the story that way. After that, it's day, where the alive townies can vote and try to lynch the mafia. Voting procedure is the usual, i.e.:

Vote: GeneralHankerchief

If you wish to unvote, then do so as follows:

Unvote: TosaInu
    Vote: GeneralHankerchief

Unvoting without saying who exactly is being unvoted (i.e. Unvote) is highly discouraged and if it ticks me off enough I might start handing out WoGs.

Voting abstain (you are present for the round and have no lynch preference) is allowed, but "No Lynch" is not. Additionally, after a certain amount of rounds, usually when I deem it to be endgame, "Abstain" will no longer be allowed, meaning you must vote to lynch someone. I will let you know in the thread once this threshold has been crossed.

Rules:

I try to run a tight ship. This style of game is very low-maintenance for the host and I'd rather spend my time writing descriptions and tallying votes than dealing with violations.

First of all, inactivity will be dealt with by the customary Wrath of God. There is no set amount of inactivity that will get you Wogged, but if you don't post in the thread at all for a long period of time, you're gone.

Screenshots are not allowed, I don't care if it's incriminating or not. Anything else that can be faked, including but not limited to: PMs, .Org chat logs, off-site chat logs, etc. are fair game, so go crazy. Note: Once dead, none of this applies and you cannot quote anything not said in the public thread at all.

I have very little tolerance for rule-breakers. It's pretty hard to mess things up in this game and I hope it stays that way. Violators will be dealt with ruthlessly, in the style of the game's Chief of Police.

Other:

There may or may not be a twist, depending on the amount of players I get. All will be revealed in due time.

Finally, the most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!!!

I'm hoping to get as many people as I can in sign-ups. They'll be open for a few days as I have a busy week.

Signed up (closed) (39):
    Ichigo
    Privateerkev
    RoadKill
    TinCow
    Elite Ferret
    woad&fangs
    shlin28
    makaikhaan
    Sasaki Kojiro
    LittleGrizzly
    Sigurd Fafnesbane
    Craterus
    Caius
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Tratorix
    peverpink
    Sarathos
    LittleGrizzly
    Andres
    Mithrandir
    Beefy187
    Tiberius of the Drake
    KukriKhan
    TevashSzat
    |Sith|R|AntiWarmanCake88
    Crazed Rabbit
    Fenring
    Lord Winter
    CountArach
    Kommodus
    Rythmic
    Seamus Fermanagh
    Quintus.J.Cicero
    Kagemusha
    georgeman51
    Omanes Alexandropolites
    discovery1
    FactionHeir
    Joe Monks
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 06-02-2008 at 20:09.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Mafia VIII: Return of the Recommencement of the Revenge of the Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Default Re: Mafia VIII: Return of the Recommencement of the Revenge of the Mafia

Can't pass up a chance to join a "traditional" Mafia game.

I'm in.

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

in.

PS: Now no ones gonna care about Battle Royale...
    Last edited by RoadKill; 05-28-2008 at 21:43.
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Count me in.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I demand this be the theme song for this game. Don't know why, but I demand it.

I demand that Ichigo's demand be demandingly ignored and while I'm here I might as well demand that you demand to put me on the demanding in list.

translates to: in

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

In

After 4 straight losses in big games it's time to redeem myself. Beware Mafioso, Mr.A.F.I.A. will defend his(and CR's) crown to the bitter end.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

IN!

(Again, don't lynch me on the first round please )

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

p.s.- flattered that you put my game up with the likes of Capo and Midgard
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 05-28-2008 at 22:18.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

In.

Won't be here from friday-sunday.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    In.

Won't be here from friday-sunday.
    Should be fine.

I'm expecting to close signups Saturday-Sunday anyway.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

IN!
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Oh,what the heck...

In.
    Status Emeritus

Hmmm.

In.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

In.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

In!!!
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

In.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In, if thou shalt have me
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Please throw me in too.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

How many you looking/hoping for ? i like big games!
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

In.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

In.
    Abandon all hope.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now I hope the sign up continues for another 3 weeks. If it doesn't... Still in!

IN!

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

WOAH THERE peverpink.
    That shield in your signature is quite big and in my Firefox browser it hides the post below yours.
    Status Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd Fafnesbane
    WOAH THERE peverpink.
    That shield in your signature is quite big and in my Firefox browser it hides the post below yours.
    It's so big...

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Taking it out....Might want to put that in the watchtower, IE is limiting it to just the quotes.
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

Innage
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Looks like a fine crew of players, for a bare-bones game.

In, please.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan
    Looks like a fine crew of players, for a bare-bones game.

In, please.
    I prefer the terms "classic", "old-school", "vintage", or even "retro" myself.

Welcome aboard.

@Grizz: As many as I can get.

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast