Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Megas Logothetes' and Senators' Reports

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Megas Logothetes' and Senators' Reports

This thread is for annual summaries of in-game events by the Megas Logothetes, and reports by the Senators on actions they have taken with the saved game.

Other than the Megas Logothetes, Senators should only post in this thread to say they are taking the save, to upload a new save, and to report whatever actions they have taken with the save.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Megas Logothetes' and Senators' Reports

The final starting save for LotR is now ready. You can find it here. The treasury has been reset to 10,000, the avatars have been moved to their indicated starting locations, the titles have been given to the proper avatars, and the excess avatars have all been killed off. If you think I made an error, please PM me about it, do not post it in here.

All avatars are located in the places last indicated by the respective players. Unless you can prove that I made an error, you will not be allowed to change your starting location, you will simply have to move to your desired destination yourself. I was unable to find starting locations for the following people: rossahh, Smowz, Byblos, Ichigo, AussieGiant, and 00jebus. I have placed these 6 avatars in what I think are logical starting locations. The first four have been placed in the city that belongs to the Comes who leads their various Houses. The last two are not part of any House, and have been placed in Constantinople. The complete list of starting locations is:

Aleksios Komnenos - Constantinople
    Makedonios Ksanthopoulos - Nicosia
    Iakovos ek Kallipoleos - Nicosia
    Armatos ek Naksou - Nicosia
    Nathanail ek Korinthou - Nicosia
    Koulianos Vourzos - Nicosia
    Vissarionas ek Lesvou - Nicosia
    Vartholomaios Ksiros - Nicosia
    Kosmas Mavrozomis - Athens
    Hypatios Machonios - Athens
    Ioannis Kalameteros - Athens
    Zigavinos Vasilakios - Athens
    Nevoulos ek Philadelphias - Athens
    Anastasios Neokaisareitis - Thessalonica
    Ioannis Komnenos - Nicaea
    Pavlos Chrysovergos - Nicaea
    Ioannis Kantakouzinos - Constantinople
    Tarasios Sarantinos - Nicaea
    Aleksios ek Ikoniou - Corinth
    Khristophoros Diogenis - Corinth
    Philippos Eirinikos - Corinth
    Savvas ek Militou - Corinth
    Michail Arianitis - Thessalonica
    Efstratios Monomachos - Thessalonica
    Markianos Ampelas - Thessalonica
    Apionnas Vringas - Constantinople
    Methodios Tagaris - Thessalonica
    Lisas Attaleiatis - Constantinople
    Last edited by TinCow; 06-05-2008 at 22:01.

Chretien Saisset Senior Member OverKnight's Avatar

Megas Logothetes' Report for 1081

There is no signifigant news. Strategoi may conduct moves (OOC: The save is open for the 24 hour movement period).

Please remember that movement of fleets and any troops not in an assigned garrison or army is strictly the province of the Logothete.

The question of Durazzo will be resolved once I give my own orders. Any Strategoi making an independent move on the settlement will be declared an outlaw and subject to swift Imperial justice. Consider this a final warning.

OOC: Use TC's latest save to start. If unfamiliar with the rules, FAQS and procedures, please review before taking the save. If you have any questions, please post in the OOC thread.

Post in this thread when you take the save. Please compress the new save before uploading it, and then post a link to the new save in a new post in this thread. Please summarize what you did with the save in that post.

To reiterate:

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    Other than the Megas Logothetes, Senators should only post in this thread to say they are taking the save, to upload a new save, and to report whatever actions they have taken with the save.
    Have at it.
    Chretien Saisset, Chevalier in the King of the Franks PBM

Taking the save.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Moved Ioannis and the Nicaean garrison toward Cankkale.

Save: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/...81-Start-1.zip

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Senator Makedonios has been granted use of the fleet in the Eastern Med for this year. Please take note.

Makedonios Ksanthopoulos Member Privateerkev's Avatar

Taking the save.

Knight of the Order of St. John
    Duke of Nicosia

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/...81-Start-2.zip

OOC:

Floated over to Antioch. Had tea with the locals. Asked them if they would surrender the big city. They laughed and called me words I did not understand.

Did all the moves for the Order. Their avatar restrictions in the SOT allow for this. (I hope...) All moves done in the save were authorized by OverKnight beforehand.

Duke of Nicosia

I am taking the save.

Megas Logothetes' Report for 1083

1081 was a year of frenetic action.

Domestic Affairs:

Buildings and recruitment were started in all settlements. This will not last as we will soon expend our monetary reserves. Our Empire, to be blunt, currently has a poor economy. I ask all Senators to review their taxation and build policies to help alleviate this. Unfortunately this means requests for mercenaries will be denied.

I must commend Comes Markianos Ampelas. Of the Senators in position to pursue the Patriarch's prize, he was the only one who had the sense to build roads in his city first. You may run your holdings as you wish, however without roads, trade and military movement will suffer.

Our agent has moved north to monitor Scopia and Sofia. I hesitate to send our lone priest into heathen territory without some compatriots. For now he is trying to spread the word near Nicaea, a settlement in need of it. Our lone Merchant has been dispatched toward the Levant to take his place in the spice trade.

The Council of Nobles has asked that we take Canakkale. If we do so within 15 years, we have been promised 2500 ducats.

A 45 year old suitor has asked for my daughter's, Anna, hand in marriage. I declined.

Foreign Affairs:

In order to shield my daughter from middle-aged suitors, I have sent her north to negotiate with the Magyars. It will be a few years before she makes contact. I have begun the recruitment of a diplomat to spare Anna further trips.

Military Affairs:

The fielding of proper armies will take time. There are no Castles capable of producing bowmen or heavy cavalry. Our only castles are in Corinth and Nicosia and they are far removed from many parts of the Empire. I will work to rectify this, but even Royal armies will take time to fully form. Since we have to chosen to expand immediately we must do the best with what we have.

Imperial Army:

I have begun marching on Sofia. As requested, Senator Ioannis Kantakouzinos is accompanying me.

Order of St. John:

The Order has begun landing in the Levant, west of Antioch.

The Asteri:

Senators Ioannis Kalameteros and Nevelous ek Philadelphias have departed Athens by ship and are heading towards Rhodes.

The Komnenodoukai:

Caesar Ioannis is marching west from Nicaea towards Canakkale.

The Tagamata:

Comes Aleksios ek Ikoniou and Senator Philippos Eirinikos have led men from Corinth north and met up with two units of troops there. They are now ready to drive on Arta. (OOC: They were chosen because the other two avatars in Corinth had reduced MP)

The Tepaki:

The entire House, well all two of them, has galloped west towards Durazzo from Thessalonica.

Unaligned:

Senator Methodios Tagaris is a bit ahead of the Tepaki however, as he is a Drillmaster.

For 1083, The Order of St. John is granted use of the fleet in the Eastern Mediterranean while the Asteri are granted the use of the fleet on which some of their nobles are embarked. (OOC: The House leaders or their designated proxies can use them during free movement)

Here's the save for 1083 (SS turns are 1.5 years): http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1083-0.zip

Post in this thread when you take the save. Please add the appropriate number for the new save at the end of it's title. (ie the next save would be LOTR-1083-1 instead of -0) Please compress the new save before uploading it, and then post a link to the new save in a new post in this thread. Please summarize what you did with the save in that post.
    Last edited by OverKnight; 06-09-2008 at 15:42.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Taking the save.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Anastasios has been moved west as per his request, not in hopes of taking Durazzo but rather to reach the coast of the Adriatic. I have also moved Ioannis Kalmeteros and Nevoulos to siege Rhodes and sent the fleet back towards Greece.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1083-1.zip

*snatches the save away from Zim and runs off with it*

(translation: taking the save)

Duke of Nicosia

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1083-2.zip

Shuttled more men to Antioch. Took a half-stack and put the city under siege. Put extra units next to the half-stack as reinforcements.

Navy used with OK's approval.

Duke of Nicosia

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Save taken and uploaded

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1083-3.rar

Moved Tagaris towards Durazzo, stopped one tile of movement away (OOC Damn your avatar shuffle...TC )

Awaiting orders from our Basileus and making inquiries as to the forces defending the place...
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 06-09-2008 at 20:49.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Tiberius/Fred/Mark/Isaak Member flyd's Avatar

Taking save.
    Βασιλεοπατωρ Ισαακιος Κομνηνος
    Basileopator Isaakios Komnenos

(Save Elberhard)

New save: http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1083-4.zip

Taken Markianos Ampelas north with the bulk of the Thessalonican garrison.

(Save Elberhard)

Taking the save.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1083-5.zip

Strator Zigavinos Vasilakios moved from Athens to the coast along with two infantry units from Athens' garrison.

Taking the save.

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1083-6.zip

Ioannis is now besieging Canakkale, and is building a ram and two sets of ladders.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Taking the save.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

And here it's back:

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1083-7.zip

Moved Savvas into the direction of Arta.

Story soon to be posted in story thread.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

I'm taking the save.

Megas Logothetes' Report for 1084

1083 was a year of preperation and marching.

Domestic Affairs:

Buildings and recruitment continues in all settlements, except for empty Nicosia which can recruit no more men at the moment. Many roads and churches have been rebuilt.

Our agent has entered Sofia. A diplomat was recruited in Constantinople, after a parley with a Turk diplomat, he was dispatched north by dromon to seek out the Orthodox Rus.

Foreign Affairs:

Anna continues north to Bran. I have sold trade rights to the Turks for 790 florins. Some might question this, however we are not in a position to prosecute an effective war with them, so we may as well trade for now.

Military Affairs:

Imperial Army:

I continue to march on Sofia with Senator Ioannis Kantakouzinos.

Order of St. John:

The Order besieges Antioch. However, Senator Makedonios Ksanthopoulos has been afflicted with pnuemonia. (OOC: Welcome to Stainless Steel)

The Asteri:

Senators Ioannis Kalameteros and Nevelous ek Philadelphias have besieged Rhodes.

Senator Anastasios Kaisereitis has joined in the rush towards Durazzo.

The Komnenodoukai:

Caesar Ioannis has besieged Canakkale. I have dispatched a unit of spearmen from Nicaea to him, they should arrive in time for an assault.

The Tagamata:

Comes Aleksios ek Ikoniou and Senator Philippos Eirinikos have besieged Arta. Senator Savvas ek Militou is following with a unit of Skythikon. I suggest the Tagamata confer amongst themselves to see who will lead the eventual assault.

The Tepaki:

The House continues toward Durazzo.

Unaligned:

Senator Methodios Tagaris is at the gates of Durazzo. I have decided that he shall have the honor of taking the village. The case he has made to me is the strongest. I wish him luck.

Comes Markianos Ampelas has left Thessalonica and is marching toward Scopia.

For 1084, The Order of St. John is granted use of the fleet in the Eastern Mediterranean while the Asteri are granted the use of the fleet in the Aegean. (OOC: The House leaders or their designated proxies can use them during free movement)

Here's the save for 1084 (SS turns are 1.5 years): http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1084-0.zip

Post in this thread when you take the save. Please add the appropriate number for the new save at the end of it's title. (ie the next save would be LOTR-1083-1 instead of -0) Please compress the new save before uploading it, and then post a link to the new save in a new post in this thread. Please summarize what you did with the save in that post.
    Last edited by OverKnight; 06-11-2008 at 14:35.

Taking the save
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

New save uploaded

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1084-1.rar

Durazzo has fallen.

Tagaris lost 1 bodyguard in the battle for the 271 death his men dealt.

A bit ambiguous, our Tagaris fellow, he is now known as Methodios the Chivalrous but is also Fine with Blood, so he is the Epitome of Chivalry with only two points of Chiv.

Occupied the settlement (35 fl. gained) and set taxes to low for PO issues.

I've found a name for my bodyguard : Athanatoi which means "the Immortals"

Will post a battle report soon.

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Taking save.

(Save Elberhard)

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/LOTR-1084-2.zip

Moved towards Scopia, but could not quite arrive there. Will arrive next turn.

(Save Elberhard)

Taking the save.

Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast