Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darth Stalin's 1.1 Romani Fix with "corrected" Gallic Helm

Default Re: Darth Stalin's 1.1 Romani Fix with "corrected" Gallic Helm

Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    Really thanks a lot for that Seer7!

There is however one problem. When I install it, EB will quit upon start. So there is probably a bug.

With my almost zero modding experience I went looking around and I might have found the cause:

The Readme speaks about a EB 1.1 patch, the export_descr_unit and descr_model_battle txt's won't comply with the system EB 1.2

There probably is someone around here wise enough to get the 1.2 export_descr_unit and descr_model_battle and put the lines from the minimod in it.

That is my theory however, I could be completely wrong and that it conflicts with another mininod.

Thanks again, we are at least getting closer to our prize....

~Fluvius

Flvvivs,

If you are still looking for a solution, I have one for you. If you have a PC, I suggest downloading Winmerge, a free popular piece of software, which compares and finds differences between files, including text files. If you compare the two files, and find where there exists a difference relevant to the Gallic helms--rather than to the differences between EB 1.1 and EB 1.2--then it is exceptionally intuitive and simple to copy these over into the 1.2 file. I just discovered Winmerge last night, and found it really easy--it let me incorporate the Phalanx Mod into my EDU.

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Thanks mate, I am still waiting and lurking, maybe I can fix this now.

I will download it soon.

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

problem solved. thanks for re-upping this.
    Last edited by moriluk; 03-09-2013 at 21:28.

I forgot I posted in this thread, but it has been two years. Since then I've learned my way around the EDU and DMB and altered the appropriate lines manually, quite easy once you know how.

If anyone's still having trouble just say so and I'll post a tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Seer7 View Post
    I forgot I posted in this thread, but it has been two years. Since then I've learned my way around the EDU and DMB and altered the appropriate lines manually, quite easy once you know how.

If anyone's still having trouble just say so and I'll post a tutorial.
    I could use some help. I thought everything was all set, but I see this partially overwrites the sprites fix, I think. I do not know specifically which lines are changed to what in each fix in the DMB. I compared the 1.2fix DMB with this one on winmerge and there are many minor differences. I don't know what to keep and what to overwrite. I have a vague idea of what to do but I am ignorant of how sprites work, any insight is welcome.

Hi moriluk, I'll see if I can help you.

Sprites are controlled in the DMB by the 'model_sprite' line in the specific unit entry. Due to the hardcoded limit on the number of models the game can handle, many units share models and use different skins. The 1.2 fixes and Darth Stalin's release are incompatible because he changed the entries for some units. Eg. In the 1.2 DMB the Cohors Praetoriana are on their own while the Cohors Imperatoria / Cohors Evocata share a model, in his release this has been reversed. So, it's not enough to just change the line which deals with the sprites.

Your best bet is to copy DS's entries for the units he modified (the aforementioned) into the 1.2 DMB, overwriting the old ones, and use that. They're right next to each other, so it shouldn't be hard. Doing so, however, will mean you'll have to modify the EDU as well, because that will change the appropriate model entry name. Stick with me, because here's how you do it:

Back up your files first. Then, after copying and overwriting the 1.2 entries for the Cohors, open the EDU and use the find function to find the entries for the Cohortes Praetoriana, Cohortes Imperatoria, and Cohortes Evocata. The model line isn't called 'model', it's called 'soldier'. Once you've changed the DMB entries, you just need to change the first part of this line, which has been bolded. Eg.

Code:
    soldier          roman_infantry_cohorspraetoriana, 50, 0, 1.2
    to
    Code:
    soldier          roman_infantry_cohorsevocata_cohorspraetoriana, 50, 0, 1.2
    Basically, the 'type' entry in the DMB corresponds to the 'soldier' entry in the EDU. You will have to modify the entries not only for the aforementioned units, but the Imperial first Cohort as well (its entry in the EDU is right after the regular Cohortes Imperatoria). That's it.

After you've modified the entries, try and start up the game. If there are any problems, it will let you know.

If you have any questions or problems, just ask.
    Last edited by Seer7; 06-07-2013 at 15:09. Reason: Clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Seer7 View Post
    Hi moriluk, I'll see if I can help you.

Sprites are controlled in the DMB by the 'model_sprite' line in the specific unit entry. Due to the hardcoded limit on the number of models the game can handle, many units share models and use different skins. The 1.2 fixes and Darth Stalin's release are incompatible because he changed the entries for some units. Eg. In the 1.2 DMB the Cohors Praetoriana are on their own while the Cohors Imperatoria / Cohors Evocata share a model, in his release this has been reversed. So, it's not enough to just change the line which deals with the sprites.

Your best bet is to copy DS's entries for the units he modified (the aforementioned) into the 1.2 DMB, overwriting the old ones, and use that. They're right next to each other, so it shouldn't be hard. Doing so, however, will mean you'll have to modify the EDU as well, because that will change the appropriate model entry name. Stick with me, because here's how you do it:

Back up your files first. Then, after copying and overwriting the 1.2 entries for the Cohors, open the EDU and use the find function to find the entries for the Cohortes Praetoriana, Cohortes Imperatoria, and Cohortes Evocata. The model line isn't called 'model', it's called 'soldier'. Once you've changed the DMB entries, you just need to change the first part of this line, which has been bolded. Eg.

Code:
    soldier          roman_infantry_cohorspraetoriana, 50, 0, 1.2
    to
    Code:
    soldier          roman_infantry_cohorsevocata_cohorspraetoriana, 50, 0, 1.2
    Basically, the 'type' entry in the DMB corresponds to the 'soldier' entry in the EDU. You will have to modify the entries not only for the aforementioned units, but the Imperial first Cohort as well (its entry in the EDU is right after the regular Cohortes Imperatoria). That's it.

After you've modified the entries, try and start up the game. If there are any problems, it will let you know.

If you have any questions or problems, just ask.
    Thanks. I will give this a shot. what i did was made an installation of eb 1.2 without fixes and compared it to eb1.2 with fixes to see what the fixes actually are. it looked as though only a couple of lines were changed in the DMB for the sprites fix (and most of the stuff was just 'missing' items). I manually made those changes to my regular installation. At least I think i did everything correctly. I guess this would be the opposite of what you are recommending. I am always playing around with this game, my next install i will attempt what you are suggesting and let you know if i run into trouble. thanks again for the response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12