Poll: How do you see the future of the European Union?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: EU referendum.

Default Re: Re : EU referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    *belligerent tone to encourage disagreement*

There's not going to be a referendum in Britain. Because the British powers that be know better. Britain's wealth, peace and stability is too dependent on the EU.

I do wish the British elite would keep their subjects in check better, or at least keep them at home. This is all getting a bit tiresome. The British are to the EU what the Scots are to the British Union: forever silent about the enormous financial benefits, past and present, yet they won't shut up about - real and imaginary - drawbacks.

The European Parliament is not a kindergarten for spoiled Brits. What a ridiculous character, this MEP, stifling all debates by repeated, tired shouts for referenda. Organise one in Britain, or not, whatever. But stop this pantomime of shouting at European MPs in one direction, while firmly looking into the camera at his British constituancy in the other.
    well, old giscard may have a solution to you anger at the truculence of the British:
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/ruth_le..._leads_the_way

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Re: Re : EU referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Furunculu5 View Post
    well, old giscard may have a solution to you anger at the truculence of the British:
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/ruth_le..._leads_the_way
    I want bitter strife and insults over my post, not solutions!

...but I do sometimes wonder if a multi-layered EU would not be best indeed.
    I would not want to exclude the possibility of there being lasting doubts about aspects of the EU in certain segments of British society. However irrational these doubts may be, democratic prudence implores us to cater to these feelings. British elites won't, so why shouldn't we, rational and enlightened continentals, not take it upon ourselves to see to it that these feelings of doubt are honoured?

Old VGE is of course only trying to save what's left of his 'constitution'. I blame him for the current problems. If he didn't have his immodest lust for lasting glory, he wouldn't have pompously named his cleaning up of existing treaties a 'European Constitution', and we'd have had a workable set of treaties in effect three years ago.
    What imbeciles entrust a Frenchman with the task of streamlining European Treaties? Could've seen this coming, eh? I blame all of you for not resisting French lust for grandeur.

It's all your fault.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456