Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions | Wishlists thread for the EB 2 Website!

Default Suggestions | Wishlists thread for the EB 2 Website!

This thread serves to help the EB2 team to design the EB2 Website. By disucsssing how it should look, what it should 'do', what you'd like to read on it and where; as well as other idea's or wishes you may have had in mind -- you can influence its 'final' outcome.

So please take the time to post below and share your thoughts with us!

PLEASE NOTE: There is an EB1 Website thread over at the EB1 Forums.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default Re: Suggestions | Wishlists thread for the EB 2 Website!

Generally I think that the basic structure of the EB1 site was both very nice and informative, so you cannot go wrong by sticking to that. However, I would welcome more info on the game features (MICs, governmnets, "quests" etc.) beside the faction/unit info.

Best luck and many thanks to the whole Team for your continuing effort for the benefit and fun of us all!

My only suggestion would be to put me on it somewhere prominent.

Will it be a new section in www.europabarbarorum.com or a totally different website?

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

show the units as they are made (so right now you all made a hoplite unit, show us a hoplite unit on he website)
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow View Post
    Will it be a new section in www.europabarbarorum.com or a totally different website?

It will likely co-exist with the EB1 website as a separate site of its own; so as a visitor you could view it as a totally different website.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

An EB2 website?! Whoaa

Quest info, unit rosters and any other lil thangs you lot can think of
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

A flash game where you shoot enemies depending on level

Levels 1-3 Flaming pigs
    Levels 2-6 Screeching women
    levels 5-9 Segmentata legionaires
    levels 8-12 Arcani
    levels 11-15 Armenians that magically turn into Bartixian Pikemen when they get closer
    Levels level 15(final boss)Boss Abokasee, who shoots samnite spearmen out of a rocket launcher and a mini-onager that shoots lightbulbs and CT cruisers.

Err...In all seriousness, I'd go with a much more detailed Buildings list along with a similar overall design to the normal EB site.
    Last edited by Olaf The Great; 06-14-2008 at 05:09.
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Hello everyone, my first post here, and I'll start by making a sugestion to my favorite Rome Total War mod, and soon probably my favorite Medieval 2 Total War mod :).

I really like the EB1 website, and I wouldn't complain if you make the EB2 website just the same. However, one of my favorite game sites, even though it's so old, is the Age of Empires: Rise of Rome, which you can find with google (I can't post the link yet, first post :P). Sure, it's old and simple, but I really like how they blend the real gameplay screen with the background. I think it would be nice tho show the new graphics and units somehow if it were possible.

Anyway, hope it helps you guys decide. And don't worry about the website too much, even if it's just a white text in a black background with the download link I believe everyone would be happy !

Honestly, the EB1 website layout is just fine for me.. actually a little above expectations really. Maybe a little more obvious building browser/tree or summary of reforms would be nice but not essential.

Cheers

I refer to the unit documentation and the recruitment viewer a lot... if they could somehow be added to the website it would be a genuine addition...

Quote Originally Posted by Perturabo View Post
    Honestly, the EB1 website layout is just fine for me.. actually a little above expectations really. Maybe a little more obvious building browser/tree or summary of reforms would be nice but not essential.

Cheers
    they should have a unit natural history museum (for units that got deleted-with reasons they were included and deleted)

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Obviously some people didn't see this page:
    https://www.europabarbarorum.com/downloads_guides.html

So for EB2 maybe make it more prominent =)
    But yeah one idea we have for EB2 is to have one section for each faction with any faction specific things, like reforms and hints.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf The Great View Post
    A flash game where you shoot enemies depending on level

Levels 1-3 Flaming pigs
    Levels 2-6 Screeching women
    levels 5-9 Segmentata legionaires
    levels 8-12 Arcani
    levels 11-15 Armenians that magically turn into Bartixian Pikemen when they get closer
    Levels level 15(final boss)Boss Abokasee, who shoots samnite spearmen out of a rocket launcher and a mini-onager that shoots lightbulbs and CT cruisers.
    I'd support this idea, with the replacement of the Segmentata legionaries (Who for all purposes did exist!) with Head Hurlers.

And for the ones who manage to end the game with the top score, I'd suggest a new level where they face the entire Bartixian Army!

PS: 200th post!!! Weeeee!
    BLARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Krusader View Post
    Obviously some people didn't see this page:
    https://www.europabarbarorum.com/downloads_guides.html

So for EB2 maybe make it more prominent =)
    But yeah one idea we have for EB2 is to have one section for each faction with any faction specific things, like reforms and hints.
    No that was not what I meant-I meant units that existed in earlier betas (like beta .7 or .8), but were deleted later on for whatever reason. after all, I said Natural history, not historical progression...
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 06-15-2008 at 03:01.

Ooh, ooh, I have an idea (and I'm actually being serious here)! Why not arrange those units in order of disappearance, as it were, starting with all the Vanilla units who have no equivalents in EB, moving on to units dropped after 0.7, then the old Sweboz units or the Roman units before they were reskinned or whatever - just arrange them chronologically.

Incidentally, having them all in a box of somekind in the middle of the page with a horizontal scroll bar should give the impression of walking along a museum corridor. Each 'display' could have the unit's picture with a brief description of what the unit is and why it was scrapped at some point (or, in the case of the Vanilla units, never included) underneath.

Er ... unless you guys want to hide all traces of old units, that is.
    Last edited by I Am Herenow; 06-15-2008 at 08:54.

Ooh, ooh, I have an idea (and I'm actually being serious here)! Why not arrange those units in order of disappearance, as it were, starting with all the Vanilla units who have no equivalents in EB, moving on to units dropped after 0.7, then the old Sweboz units or the Roman units before they were reskinned or whatever - just arrange them chronologically.

Incidentally, having them all in a box of somekind in the middle of the page with a horizontal scroll bar should give the impression of walking along a museum corridor. Each 'display' could have the unit's picture with a brief description of what the unit is and why it was scrapped at some point (or, in the case of the Vanilla units, never included) underneath.

Er ... unless you guys want to hide all traces of old units, that is.
    that was exactly what I meant! only herenow phrased it better.

Oh, I wasn't trying to steal your idea, as it were, but rather add to it - I posted that after having read your post and just wanted to add more to the suggestion .

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

The mausoleum is a neat idea. I don't know if we'd have the time to update it, but that would certainly be a cool thing to think about.

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Mausoleum is so conoted with the ruler who built it. Why not...Barbarosoleum? >_>
    BLARGH!

Oh, I wasn't trying to steal your idea, as it were, but rather add to it - I posted that after having read your post and just wanted to add more to the suggestion .

I'm not angry-but very happy-someone got thee idea..for you

well, mosoleum is a concoction of Masolos and leum=> barbaroleum is better
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 06-19-2008 at 21:09.

A good old bump up from a few pages gone. For the benefite of the newer forum users; and of course the people working on the EB Website.

Post (more/new) ideas here!
    - Tellos Athenaios

How about a section with building and unit stats.

The "unit trees", as it were, for the various factions could perhaps be somewhat clearer. For example at which MIC level they can be built, and wether they are regionals or not.
    Maybe the "features"-section could be divided into more specific chapters, describing how, for instance, the new temples will work, or the AOR-system etc.
    Otherwise, I think the EBI-page is quite good.

Something that could be done relatively easily (and probably with just a few days of work) would be to include something like a 'Historical Armies' category, whether it be on the EB2 site itself, or otherwise somehow included in a barrack's description. The idea is that this would give a brief overview of what the 'average army' should look like for your faction, perhaps including stock formations that certain factions historically used.

For example, you say "The Polybian Legion can be reflected with four units of Hastati, Principes, Triarii each, with two velites, etc. ...they fought in a maniple formation, here is a picture and an example of how it was used. At this time period, the Romans maintained -x- number of legions, at this time period they mained -y- number of legions."

Now apply that to Pontus... "By 240 BC the Pontic army was organized mostly along the lines of the Diadochi armies, with heavy phalanx troops, light supporting troops complimented by cavalry. But by 140 BC they had switched to a much more mobile force, and the phalanx was phased out slowly, bit by bit. This can be reflected in game by having an army with -x- number of phalangites, -y- number of pontic heavy inf., etc."

I think that this helps add some depth and additional roleplay value for players to try and play as historically as possible. It might even be a good idea to try and include 'official' troop numbers for factions to go by. For example, historically the Ptolemies maintained, say, 10,000 Agema troops. Then say that a huge unit scale plays at, say, 1:2000, then you can try to match the historical army size of ptolies by having five or so units of Agema, and so on down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenic View Post
    Something that could be done relatively easily (and probably with just a few days of work) would be to include something like a 'Historical Armies' category, whether it be on the EB2 site itself, or otherwise somehow included in a barrack's description. The idea is that this would give a brief overview of what the 'average army' should look like for your faction, perhaps including stock formations that certain factions historically used.

For example, you say "The Polybian Legion can be reflected with four units of Hastati, Principes, Triarii each, with two velites, etc. ...they fought in a maniple formation, here is a picture and an example of how it was used. At this time period, the Romans maintained -x- number of legions, at this time period they mained -y- number of legions."

Now apply that to Pontus... "By 240 BC the Pontic army was organized mostly along the lines of the Diadochi armies, with heavy phalanx troops, light supporting troops complimented by cavalry. But by 140 BC they had switched to a much more mobile force, and the phalanx was phased out slowly, bit by bit. This can be reflected in game by having an army with -x- number of phalangites, -y- number of pontic heavy inf., etc."

I think that this helps add some depth and additional roleplay value for players to try and play as historically as possible. It might even be a good idea to try and include 'official' troop numbers for factions to go by. For example, historically the Ptolemies maintained, say, 10,000 Agema troops. Then say that a huge unit scale plays at, say, 1:2000, then you can try to match the historical army size of ptolies by having five or so units of Agema, and so on down the line.

nice idea

though I recommend smaller proportions (so you can fit more in a stack)
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 09-17-2008 at 21:24.

Oh, I wasn't paying much attention to the ratio, I was trying to say that one unit = 2,000 troops, not one man = 2,000, haha. In terms of what one man represents you could maybe say 1:20 or so.

When i (a long time ago) decided if i was going to play eb or rtr, i looked very much at the screenshots on the web page. they maybe told much about the units, but they diddnt attract me at all. and i decided i wanted to play rtr instead. even though they dont have screenshots and almost no unit models at their webpage.

I think the screenshots at eb1 webside diddnt look epic at all, and looked very boring, becouse you focused on showing the new units in action. in eb2 webside i think you should spend very much time on taking new screenshots, and mybe you should wait untill the users of the forum has taken many and posted them in the new "post eb2 screenshots here"-thread.

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

How about detailing ships and siege machines available to factions along with its units?
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Thumbs up Re: Suggestions | Wishlists thread for the EB 2 Website!

I am inclined to agree with ludwag on this matter. The only reason I chose EB over RTR was because of the opinions I heard about the two games. I'm glad I chose EB, too...

But yeah, you need more epic pictures, lots of light, swords, shields, warcries, littered battlefields, etc. Everything that is needed to attract a senseless noob, in general.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast