Thread: Money bonus AI

Question Money bonus AI

Is the AI still hardcoded that when it gets below 0 with money it will still get automaticly above the 0?
    Cause its really frustrating to see that you finnally maneged to get a full stacked army with hard earned money to find out the enamy has 3 full stacked armies.

Default Re: Money bonus AI

The basic engine is the same as EB1 (RTW + M2TW are the same engines) so I would say 99.99% sure.... however having said that.. the recruitment limitations of M2TW will make life so much more bearable with the enemy being unable to field full stacks of Elite Phalanx as a certain unnamed eastern greek nation currently likes to....

The money bonus is frustrating, however given the AI's inability to make very simple deductions (i.e. I have 2 full stacks of troops and one city, maybe I should disband a few until I have more money) means it is basically essential unfortunately. Having said that, the improved diplomacy and aforementioned recruitment limits should make life immesuarably better than in EB1.

I tried playing some M2TW mods, however my old M2TW favourite DLV has become a little strange, so I am playing EB1 exclusively again..yes, despite the horrid diplomacy and 'tard level AI its still the best by a mile

Ok thanks for the answer :D

It is certainly not hardcoded - we give the AI bonus income in the EB script in EB1. Still, we will make sure the game is a challenge, so you may expect some help for the AI in EB2 as well.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    It is certainly not hardcoded - we give the AI bonus income in the EB script in EB1. Still, we will make sure the game is a challenge, so you may expect some help for the AI in EB2 as well.
    Good, the AI needs all the help they can get.
    The Spainish conquered their American empire with the sword of disease.