Thread: Similar to retrofit Mod?

Default Similar to retrofit Mod?

Hi, its been a while since i played M2TW and back then i used to use the retrofit mod to play as it fixed a lot of things and made improvements like adding boiling oil to gates etc.

It also changed the dates and times things appear like guns so when i changed to play the game 1 year per turn they would appear at the right time.

Is Vanilla mod like that?

On another note , good work on this Mod it does sound really really good.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Similar to retrofit Mod?

Hi there and welcome to my forum

Retrofit and VM are quite different actually. From what I know, Retrofit induces changes made in Kingdoms to M2TW to add different siege engines, oil and Lusted's unit balance. It does not fix a host of trait/anc issues nor address things on the AI side and general game balance side as far as I am aware or changes AI profiles to have them build more intelligently which VM does, in addition to having its own unit balance.

If you change your timescale in VM, it will not adapt automatically (for that extra files and scripts are required which may require kingdoms). However, I do have a tutorial to walk people through on what to change if changing time scale to make everything fall in line.
    If you have troubles doing so, I am more than happy to make those changes and upload them separately for you for the purpose of this mod.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Hmm, ive tried changing the dates so the timescales work like i want them too (1.0) but i seem to have messed something up =)

Currently reinstalling heh .

Is there any chance you could upload the right changes?

Sure, you want a timescale = 1.0 version?
    If so, do you want building times to stay as per 2.0 or double them? How about pop growth rates and income?
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 06-14-2008 at 13:53.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Yes 1.0 please.
    hmm, leave building times as is , now pop growth and income...im not sure, i guess leave them as normal for now too.

thx

Hmmm do you want events to happen when they did historically or after the same number of turn as if the game was running on 1.0?
    Historically would mean that you need double the amount of time to get to things like gunpowder, mongols, timurids etc.
    Otherwise they appear as usual but of course not at the proper historical date.

just as 1.0 will be fine thanks

Here it is:
    http://generalsun.dreamhosters.com/u...files/1ypt.rar

You need to first install VM 0.93, then the 0.93b emergency fix.
    Once that is done, copy these files into your imperial_campaign folder.

Big thanks :)

Now time for some good ol sieges :)