Thread: sounds

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default sounds

I have a small question on sounds:

I noticed that in RTW, peasant units share similar shape. yet they all have different sounds. is it truely possible to have a unit speak a language in one facion, yet another in another language?(yes I llooked all over for a place with an answer)
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Default Re: sounds

Check export_descr_sounds_units.txt (sounds are defined per culture / group of cultures) and other export_descr_sounds files. As long as there is only one faction of that culture, it's possible.
    RTR VII Developer

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

See Shigawire's guide for how to set up a faction individually too. Using say only the 'heavy1' voice type from a culture....
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

thanks!
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg