Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another WH Total War Mod! We need a Beta!

Default Re: Another WH Total War Mod! We need a Beta!

Well, I'm already running The Warhammer Campaign thread, which includes traits and cancilleries, all the info needed for the historical battles, the factions' descriptions, names for heros of every faction, and pics + famous phrases for the loading periods.

I doubt I can be of further help. If there was something I could do which doesn't involve coding or modding...

P.D:

I've already done the intro vid, plus a promo one for youtube. I'm waiting for the mod team to have media to give me so I can make more videos.
    Last edited by Revan-Shan; 07-04-2008 at 21:29.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

If you ever need names for skaven or lizardmen there are name generators for them on the UK website that I dont think are under copyright.

I've just had an idea. This are the forums, right? It's a good thing to see a preview from time to time, but this place is mainly to discuss things.

What about the creation of a web page?

Wordpress could be a good place. Take a look at this LOTR mod for Medieval 2 Total War:

http://thirdagetw.wordpress.com/

In a web like this all the post would be previews, pics and official announcements.
    Last edited by Revan-Shan; 07-05-2008 at 11:03.

SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

A website could be made to inform people about what this mod is about and contain pictures of the units that have been made, however I don't think we need another forum about this mod.

In any case the real problem with this mod is that the focus is solely on making fantasy units with little though about how the mod is going to work. Thus a beta cannot be released because almost no work has been done on the traits, unit recruitment, economy, religions, and cultures (though unit balancing has been thought about). If these issues were resolved it would be possible to release a beta with a smaller map and one or two factions, and just add more units and factions as they became available.
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version

You got that wrong, not a beta campaign, a a beta with custom/historical battles.

I was saying that we can't make a beta campaign because the infrastructure hasn't been made. Beta battles are the best we can do because we only have fantasy units.

No he, and about everyone else, wants a beta with only battles if that is all you can do.

I never denied that's what they were asking for. However that's NOT the point I was making.

The purpose of this mod was to make a Campaign where you could play as the various Warhammer factions. However due to a strong focus on making units, rather than how the campaign will work, the mod has several well made units but nothing else. Creating beta battles is a short term solution that ignores the real problems of this mod (almost no work has been done on the campaign side). If the campaign side continues to be ignored this mod will become nothing more than a set of custom battles.

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Hmm... their orcs are almost certainly reversed-engineerd from WMoC, and I think a few of their instances of there models where from the Warhammer mod for RTW!
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

There's nothing to worry about, we are talking about a beta, not Warhammer Total War 1.0. Any way, if we just had custom battles... hey! It's good enough. No, no problem at all. We have an entire thread about the campaign itself, we are not going to forget about it.

If anyone finds a good picture that can prove that they've used WHTW for rome's models, please PM me as I would dearly like to know, as I will be majorly pissed off about any no-permission theft.
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Seems like this mod has gone cold...

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

It's cold because I stayed up till 3 am painting textures last night and left my windows open.

Also, the more you guys insist the mod is 'dead,' the harder it is to find inspiration.
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 07-08-2008 at 22:36.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Revan, you are a hero. Not to be confused with An hero.

But really, I'm impressed with all the work, and time your putting into keeping this MOD alive. If you ever need any help with anything, just PM me.
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite View Post
    It's cold because I stayed up till 3 am painting textures last night and left my windows open.
    I'm glad to hear. This way the mod will be done in a shorter period of time. Thanks Krazy for working so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankfurt View Post
    Revan, you are a hero. Not to be confused with An hero.

But really, I'm impressed with all the work, and time your putting into keeping this MOD alive. If you ever need any help with anything, just PM me.
    Thanks, I'll do if I have the need.
    Last edited by Revan-Shan; 07-09-2008 at 15:19.

Aye, kudos to everyone (mod team and non) pushing to keep this baby going. I haven't been posting, but i've been lurking. It makes me fuzzy just thinking of the beauties the saurus will be with the amazing looks the orcs have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite View Post

Also, the more you guys insist the mod is 'dead,' the harder it is to find inspiration.
    we love all of u guys for the work you are doing in your spare time to make the ultimate warhammer mod and this mod will never be dead if you lot keep working and we keep bitching about "when is the beta out"
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Yes it truly is awesome thanks for making this mod. I am interested in getting into this mod though. Only problem is I don't know how to mod However I am willing to learn and I consider myself well versed in the lore and own about half the army books. I tend to get fickle with my armies

Hi friends! I am proud to show you the first trailer to our mod :)
    [youtube]UEWHQP7jksk[/youtube]

Hi friends! I am proud to show you the first trailer to our mod :)
    http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=UEWHQP7jksk

Very impressive trailer you guys have some skills even if you did take the skins from other games. I dont know why though but my heart is with Krazy and Allentun.

I know its never going to happen but it would be amazing for both teams to work together.

Are you russian guys going to do anything with special abilities that Characters have on Kingdoms i.e Richard the Lion heart?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    Very impressive trailer you guys have some skills even if you did take the skins from other games. I dont know why though but my heart is with Krazy and Allentun.

I know its never going to happen but it would be amazing for both teams to work together.

Are you russian guys going to do anything with special abilities that Characters have on Kingdoms i.e Richard the Lion heart?
    Thank you very match friend for you response! I do it, becouse i SO LIKE WARHAMMER!!! Yes, our modders will make special characters and special abilites for them!!! WARHAMMER FOREWER!!!!

Patience is a virtue good friends. Even though it does not seem like the mod may be making progress, YOU are not the ones working on it. I for one, am glad that a beta hasn't been released, for if it was, I would probably lose just a wee bit of interest. Being on edge actually makes me come back and check these forums every now and then, even if it isnt making too much progress.

Thank you for everything those of you working on the mod have done, and it will be done when its done, hell, look at europa barbarorum.

Even if empires does come out before this is released, will it truly matter? Will you not come back to play this mod just because a new platform has hit the market? I for one, still play EB, even more so than some mods for M2TW, so at least yall know that I will fully appreciate what yall have done, and will do in the future.

Keep up the good work boys, at least yall have one devout fan right here waiting.

Make that two devoted fans. You guys take your time and make this mod kick @$$.

(But really, Don't take your time! Haha. I kid I kid!)

New trailer- battle between high and dark elves...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWZBzIfD5iA

Hmmm the sound effects dont sound too hot, some of the Elf units look great but the Phoenix Guards need work.
    Glad there are 2 mods though still, only produces better results from each team.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

wow.

But I could do without some Russian yelling into his $2 mic.
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Quote Originally Posted by Spankfurt View Post
    wow.

But I could do without some Russian yelling into his $2 mic.
    I wait for your response video dude!!
    Last edited by Feinar; 08-21-2008 at 21:41.

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

So you lot picked up Mark of Chaos: Battle March, did you?

The texture disparity on the dark elves and high elves is hilarious. On the one hand, you have professionally mapped&textured Cold Ones, but their riders look more than a bit... photoshop filtered, if you will. I would also heavy advise against using EA Mythic's Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning logo as your own.

As a side note, this mod no longer has a dedicated moderator on the team, could either Alletun or I get moderator status for our sub-forum?
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 08-24-2008 at 20:09.

Feinar, I recommend that you start your own thread in another forum instead of hijacking this. Seriously.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast