Thread: New IDEAS

Default New IDEAS

Not long a´go I was with a friend of mine who plays medieval 2 total war that, strangely enough, has choquered the entire map with Scotland. So I was talking with him about this mod, and he gave me some good ideas:

-ORDERS. In medieval you have teutonic, templar, and holpitaler knight. What about: Orders for one of the four chaos powers: Khorne, Nurgle, Slannesh and Tzeentch, that would have thir own demon units and so on. An in the empire we would have it knightly orders:
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/empire/knights-chapters/2/
    The knights Panther, knights of the Blazing sun, the knights of the white wolf (also/specially for Kislev),the knights of the Black Bear, the Knights Griffon, the Hunters of Sigmar, the Grand Order of the Reiksguard, the Templars of the Everlasting Light, the Order of the Broken Sword, the Order of the Sacred Scythe, the Knights of Sigmar's Blood, the Knights of Morr, the Order of the Gold Lion, the Knights Encarmine and the Order of the Hammers of Sigmar.

-DRAGONS and MONSTERS. In medieval you have pirates, as well as in warhammer, but in warhammer you have sea monsters too, so sea monsters for sea battles.
    Dragons are difficult to find but you may be surprised when a rebel army reaches you. He give me the idea of lonely dragons wondering around the Old World. They could be both, giant and little (the size of a horse) dragons. Big ones should be a threat for an entire army, while little ones could be dangerous four a pair of bad units, not as dangerous at all for a unit of slayers (Dwarfs) of course.

-MORALE. Of course, skelletons shouldn't flee.

-CASTLES. My friend plays with Bretonnia and he told me about the important castles surrounding the lands and about the castle, Bretonnian in origin, that is inhabited by the Blood Knights, the best knights of them all (if we don't take on account the presence of the Grail Knights. this Blood Knights could be rebel, or part of the Vampire Counts.

-KINGDOMS. He told me about the land southeast of the Empire, where there are a good number of independent kingdoms, they should be implemented as Rebels. A good thing for their near vampire Counts who own very little terrain.

-VC. Vampire Counts have little terrain, so, in order to not disappear in the first two turns, they should have a very big army or low maintenance costs.

-REBELS. Skavens have their terrain but they are suposed to live under the earth in all the world, so this factions, as well as others (orks, chaos...) should be in part rebel and spawn all over the campaign map.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Default Re: New IDEAS

[QUOTE=Revan-Shan;1957325]ORDERS. In medieval you have teutonic, templar, and holpitaler knight. What about: Orders for one of the four chaos powers: Khorne, Nurgle, Slannesh and Tzeentch, that would have thir own demon units and so on. An in the empire we would have it knightly orders:
    The knights Panther, knights of the Blazing sun, the knights of the white wolf (also/specially for Kislev),the knights of the Black Bear, the Knights Griffon, the Hunters of Sigmar, the Grand Order of the Reiksguard, the Templars of the Everlasting Light, the Order of the Broken Sword, the Order of the Sacred Scythe, the Knights of Sigmar's Blood, the Knights of Morr, the Order of the Gold Lion, the Knights Encarmine and the Order of the Hammers of Sigmar.
    QUOTE]

I agree with the orders for empire but i think that the mod should only have, at max, 4 or 5 knightly orders. oh and in medieval 2 total war spain and portugal get the knights of santiago from order houses but not and other people.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

[QUOTE=Goncalou;1957494]
    Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan View Post
    ORDERS. In medieval you have teutonic, templar, and holpitaler knight. What about: Orders for one of the four chaos powers: Khorne, Nurgle, Slannesh and Tzeentch, that would have thir own demon units and so on. An in the empire we would have it knightly orders:
    QUOTE]

I agree with the orders for empire but i think that the mod should only have, at max, 4 or 5 knightly orders. oh and in medieval 2 total war spain and portugal get the knights of santiago from order houses but not and other people.
    I know, I just missed it. I'm Spanish and play with Spain.

SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Hi!

Is it posible to make a second map, and underground map like in that old game Age of Wonders, for factions like skavens and dwarves?

Just a though

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpavius View Post
    Hi!

Is it posible to make a second map, and underground map like in that old game Age of Wonders, for factions like skavens and dwarves?

Just a though
    I'm 99,999999% sure that the answer is no.

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Hi!

Just a though
    Ah, age of wonders that was a fun game, i liked the lizards and highmen and yes even those years ago, i still liked the dark and wood elves.

And revan even though i told YOU not to say it I'm still going to, YOU GUYS NEED TO RELEASE NEED A BETA!!!!!
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Hi!

Just a though
    I love the idea, though I think is either difficult or impossible.

New idea:

I've seen in other mods that captains and generals can be custized when modding in a way I didn't new. You can have a model for the faction heri, another for the faction leader, another for the captains, another for the mounted captain, and another for the generals, + a model per special character you make as a unique unit in the game.

So, for the empire:

-Captain: Sigmarite priest

-Mounted captain: General

-General: Count

-Faction Leader: Emperor

-Posible special char: Ledwig, Luthor Huss...

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Could we incorporate the Unique models for Historical Generals used in Kingdoms? Maybe use them as a base, and lulz them up a bit.
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Quote Originally Posted by Spankfurt View Post
    Could we incorporate the Unique models for Historical Generals used in Kingdoms? Maybe use them as a base, and lulz them up a bit.
    That would be absolutely awesome. Especially if different factions got one (Maybe 2 for certain ones according to lore). I could picture a Chaos champion, Karl Franz, or My personal favorite Scar Leader Kroq-Gar atop the mighty Grymloq off to cleanse the jungles!

Its a possibility, afaik the unique generals in the crusade campaign are specified in descr_strat though, might be only possible if it can be implemented by via a script. Officers can be done but they use the same stats as the unit they're attached to so powerful characters will be cosmetic only and probably pointless. Standard bearers and the like are more likely although they're not a priority. Max of 3 per unit I think.

The m2tw engine doesnt lend itself well to the hero side of warhammer, more of a warmaster total war rather than warhammer

More suggestions for the mod:

Musthave:
    Giants should be able to destroy walls, castle doors and towers, but, at the same time, those creatures + trolls and so, wouldn't be able to use the doors in the walls and assault objects (rams, assault towers...).

Monsters should throw away their enemies with their attacks.

Silvan Elves could have trees as buildings, that's what they are planning to do in The Third Age Total War.

Elves should be build with extra expertise so that they are faster and more dangerous, like real elves.

vampires should be faster than anyone else.

Skeletons should never rout, but they should autodestroy if they have no leader.

Underground battles, were discussed previously, just to remember.

Underground campaign map, I heard that idea, a wonderful one. Don't know if it's possible to have two cmpaign maps at the same time in the same screen but it would be excellent.

Musthave:
    Giants should be able to destroy walls, castle doors and towers, but, at the same time, those creatures + trolls and so, wouldn't be able to use the doors in the walls and assault objects (rams, assault towers...).

Silvan Elves could have trees as buildings, that's what they are planning to do in The Third Age Total War.

Elves should be build with extra expertise so that they are faster and more dangerous, like real elves.

Skeletons should never rout, but they should autodestroy if they have no leader.

Underground campaign map, I heard that idea, a wonderful one. Don't know if it's possible to have two cmpaign maps at the same time in the same screen but it would be excellent.
    1: I think that it's been discussed that the idea is possible. (Note: No experience in modding, so this might be all gibberish) by using whatever files/animations/etc. are left from Elephants in MIITW it could be possible to apply this to giants. And why stop at Giants? There are -alot- of possibilities for this. To name a few: Steam Tanks, Kroxigors, Stedgadons, Trolls.

2: I don't think that's possible. While it could be very cool, it seems just a tad excessive no?

3. U don't believe that Wood Elves are making it as a playable faction.Just as rebels

4. What do you mean they should be built with extra expertise? Like automatic experience chevrons?

5. I can see that... but why?

6. Total Agreeance there.

7/8: I think that it's nearly impossible to do. And if it was, wouldn't it be better suited as an expansion pack? Let's get to fighting above land before we worry about going down deep.

P.S I think I'd expand with Lizardmen and Sieges since it has popped in my head. I think it'd be more Old One like if The lizardmen could not build siege equipment, and instead only could rely on brute force (Via Kroxigors and Stegadons) to batter down Enemy walls or Gates. And it would add an extra degree of difficulty that i would love to face.

Musthave:

1. I think this was used in the lotr mod for RTW with the trolls converted from elephants I believe,
    that could be a possibilty although in M2TW elephants have cannons on their backs so therefore
    cannot be used as siege weapons in close combat, so there would be many difficulties in doing so.
    2. If u mean that they pick up & throw away their enemies then that could be possible as a death
    animation but extremely difficult to do. If u mean that when they whack their enemy with their
    weapon then the enemy flies away a few metres then I guess that it is also possible, kinda like
    sometimes when u hit an enemy formation with a siege weapon, when u make a successful calvary
    charge against the enemy or when u throw a regiment of elephants that have no ammo at them.
    Although I think this would be excluding calvary as they would have to change the calvary to count
    as infantry which would lock most of their abilities
    3. As dogman has said, wood elves won't be in the mod, although there was one test model made by
    Alletun which was really well done.
    4. This would probably make the elves a bit imbalanced, & would be wasted effort in my opinion as
    the effort could be placed in creating new models etc.
    5. I doubt there will be any single unit vampire units or several heroes in one unit since of modding
    blocks & balancing, if the vampire was in a unit of infantry then that would be silly if he was faster.
    & if u r thinking of blood dragons then there is a fact that they r mounted on what is not another
    vampire.. & even if they were on foot they r not faster than a horse..
    6. The mod is trying to stay with the warhammer rules, & in the warhammer rules skeletons can
    apparently rout.
    7/8. I'd guess that a underground battle in custom or historic battles modes could be possible but
    once again it would be very difficuly & a large amount of wasted effort, a double campaign with
    above- & under- ground would likely be impossible or EXTREMELY difficuly, they would have to have
    it as a secondary campaign option in a W2TW expansion which looks like they r likely never going to
    get to do. Also I don't believe there has ever been a battle underground as the every1 apparently
    do not know where the skaven live.

I'm no sure if the mod is in the position to have anymore suggestions as it is going incredibly slow
    now & to me it looks like it is likely to die out soon unfortunatly..

1. Cannonless elephants exist, although theres no need to use them as a base as we can make new skeletons
    2. Far as I can remember the bone giants bwian made already do this, think its controlled by mass
    3. Wood elves, not silvan. And battlemap buildings cant be changed and as dogman pointed out they arent slated for a faction, how the stratmap buildings are represented is not a priority atm
    4. Makes no sense, they'll get the base stats they have in tabletop, besides experience doesnt make them faster
    5. Not possible
    6. they'll get the base stats they have in tabletop
    7. Not possible
    8. Could ham something that looked underground if you messed about with lighting but the battlemap would be a dark gully and teh whole thing would look pretty crap. Dont really see the point anyways

I mean: like elephants in m2tw, when charging and attacking, not by grabing and throwing.

More ideas:

-A new faction: NATURE.

Similar to the REBEL (slave) faction. Includes dinosaurs in Lustria, + dragons, treemen, sea monsters (like pirates but more dangerous) and others in the Old World.

-New units based in the faction's weaponry and culture. example:

Imperial snipers: Shooters that use hochland long rifles.
    Non dead peasants: Poor and very cheap light infantry for Khemri and the VC (this ome is already in the mod I think).

-Unit For the Kislevite faction/rebels or for the Empire:

Kossars: Archers/Axemen (bow and arrows + two hand axe)

-Human troops for the Vampire Counts. In the army book it says that the VC can use imperial militia (archers and free companies).

-Northern rebel tribes (area: Kislev): Ungols (reskin mongols)
    Last edited by Revan-Shan; 07-30-2008 at 17:33.

More ideas:

Call them Monsters or so.

-New units based in the faction's weaponry and culture. example:

Hochland long rifle counts as Experimental weaponery i WFB. Place it very high on tech tree - guild (Master/HQ - Hunters guild perchaps?) unit or hanguner update.

-Human troops for the Vampire Counts. In the army book it says that the VC can use imperial militia (archers and free companies).
    Never heard of. I'm looking at 7th ed. AB and cannot find it.

Ungols are part of Kisleves society. If Kislev isn't playable army - do so!

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

The majority of these ideas have already been discussed, but bringing them to light again is always good for constructive brain-storming.

More ideas:

1. Similar to the REBEL (slave) faction. Includes dinosaurs in Lustria, + dragons, treemen, sea monsters (like pirates but more dangerous) and others in the Old World.

2. -New units based in the faction's weaponry and culture. example:

Non dead peasants: Poor and very cheap light infantry for Khemri and the VC (this ome is already in the mod I think).

3. -Unit For the Kislevite faction/rebels or for the Empire:

Kossars: Archers/Axemen (bow and arrows + two hand axe)

4. -Human troops for the Vampire Counts. In the army book it says that the VC can use imperial militia (archers and free companies).

1. I don't think the mod will have much units that u have noted & I don't think they should bother
    making another rebel faction, although nice idea
    2. I believe culture is not included in this mod, they'd first have to convert it into kingdoms & they'd
    have to make some way to prevent Dwarven cultures living with Lizardmen cultures. Although maybe
    there could be someway that advanced weaponary like the hochland rifle as noted could be made as
    an upgrade, like if they made the silver armour stat model of a handgunner regiment include a model
    of the handgunners holding hochland rifles & then make a building that gives the silver armour stat &
    increased attack stat, though this is a bit too complex.
    3. The map is not including the kislevite faction as it doesn't reach far enough or else the ogre
    kingdoms would have been included as well. So kislevites could only be made for custom battles.
    4. I think this is agreeable as it would be simple an easy to do & fair according to the VC army book.

& btw I was wrong about the Skeletons being able to rout, apparently they can, though if they r to
    be unroutable then they'll have to be far weaker than most units.