Thread: General Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Current Blue Lotus TW Leader Member Rinsui's Avatar

Default General Discussion

Well. Feel free to throw in your own 2c here.
    Rinsui

Default Re: General Discussion

To continue our discussion from the other thread, Ticu: it turned out I could very well use one additional animation. If this is asked too much (as I said, I have no clue how much work this will take), just tell me. If not, you have a lot of time to finish it up, as they can be included at the very end. The other animation I could very well use is:
    1. A slow-moving 2-handed spear animation ("new type") for the Zhongmao Infantry
    Thanks in advance,
    take your time,
    Rinsui

Well, I've been busy with relatives lately, but I have been able to give the Chu Ko Nu animations a shot. Those crossbow animations really baffle me. I tried shortening the time on the hold animation, and when testing it, I was surprised to find that parts of the soldiers stretched out to the end of the map and beyond...

This only seems to happen to the crossbow animations, which, once again, seem to be all screwed up upon loading them. Of course, I'll try to find a workaround, as well as finish the other animation requests.

Anyway, it might seem a bit strange that I'm posting now, when I hardly did anything, but I just wanted to say that I will be going on a vacation with my family.

I might be able to work on some stuff on my laptop, but it's unlikely. I'll make another, hopefully better report, sometime soon.

Family > a > b > c > (...) > x > y > z > BLTW. No problem.
    Rinsui

Hi

Is this mod working for the campaign using the build from the updates thread ?

Thanks
    Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon Phil Bennett's pre 1977 Rugby match speech

Not yet (2008/07/10), due to cross-references from the campaign and the units description files, the campaign units had to be put on ice - that is, replaced by dummies - for now. This gave me the necessary freedom to fully revamp the unit roster -> necessary sacrifice.
    Rinsui

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

You know, I think those Korean gunner fellows may be just a teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeensy bit overpowered >_>

Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Hmm. Perhaps I should make a sticky somewhere that repeats
    "The campaign map game is not functional at the moment, and unit stats are purely provisional!".
    Btw, that's right what the passage above the download link says?

@Asian
    'twas from around the time India started to mass-produce 8 meter tall white Elephants. ^^
    Last edited by Rinsui; 07-29-2008 at 10:34.
    Rinsui

Quote Originally Posted by Rinsui View Post
    "The campaign map game is not functional at the moment, and unit stats are purely provisional!".

@Asian
    'twas from around the time India started to mass-produce 8 meter tall white Elephants. ^^
    :0 lawl

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rinsui View Post
    I realize that, thats why I edited :P

Anyway, moving along nicely with the descriptions. Still have a loooooooooooooong way to go :P

For the buildings, if you could PM me with a list of what will be built where, it'd be of great help. Until then, I cant really do much for most of the buildings.

Further editing:

If you'd like, I can probably get at least one beta-tester for you. Maybe more. Just general balance/crash testing and so forth...
    Last edited by Sheogorath; 07-30-2008 at 06:44.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

The Base version link in Rinsui's Updates are not working

Noted. I'll upload a new one tomorrow.
    Rinsui