Thread: Strange bedfellows

Default Strange bedfellows

While crashhunting I ran into this little oddity. I'm not sure if that's the one that crashes, but it's still odd.

In this Seleucid fort an entire Pahlavan army is hiding in one unit slot (clicking on the banner reveals 3 cavalry units) as well as the Seleucid unit. Could this be the reason for the ctd and if so, what if anything can be done about it?

Default Re: Strange bedfellows

Yes it is nearly certainly the cause of the crash. It's becoming more usual these days with clones and armies-within-armies. I don't know any way to get past them other than to load an earlier savegame.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

It is indeed more frecuent these days... are you using an optimized version of the EBBS?
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Yeah, I'm running the one that was supposed to speed things up.

Huh. I never had anything like that, and I'm running the optimized EBBS script.
    This space intentionally left blank.

the regular optimization or lordbula's ?
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

hmm it seems I only had the optimization installed, not the fix. I still have a couple of active campaigns that have gone pretty far, so I didn't want to install anything not retroactive.

I dont suggest to install the fix yet... not until is proved
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I dont suggest to install the fix yet... not until is proved
    LOL. Fix is the best client ruler script available. Why? because it is doing less things using script and more using RTW mechanics.
    It will never have problem with assigning client ruler trait, it is done now using EDCT trigger instead of script.
    It is also not killing any characters , so it wont kill your FM by mistake.
    If you are starting new campaign use it.

Only question with this script is this, will all faction members get 'Faction Member' trait and thats why this trait is visible instead of hidden (for easy debugging ). They should but since it was never extencivly tested and there is quite a few possibilities to obtain FM its possible however unlikely that obtaining FM by some unusuall event wont assign this trait to him.
    In this case still no big deal. Only nuisance is that if you stick such character for 1 turn in govIV settlement he will become client ruler.

I've had this with the standard script, too. I bet it's not the optimized script, therefore.

Member Member Quirinus Kuhlmann's Avatar

I expierienced such an army within an army too, which caused a pre-battle-crash, when attacking it. I besieged the town then and starved it out. To my surprise it worked. The army didn't sally, the town was mine and the problem was gone. Perhaps you should try it that way.