Thread: Question Regarding Insallation?

Default Question Regarding Insallation?

Hello, I have Rome Total War and Napoleonic Total War 2 installed. I want to install this though I have a few questions.

How do I install it? Do I have to copy the entire Rome Total War folder and extract the BOA files into it? Or can I extract BOA into my main Rome Total War folder and run both mods and Rome, without any problems?

Please, someone help me out here.

Default Re: Question Regarding Insallation?

You have to copy the content of you Rome - Total War folder (except the folder of the mod Napoleonic), past them in a new folder named "Battles of Asia" and install the mod in this new folder. Don't forget to delete the files mentionned in the readme.
    ~ Click on the picture below to see First Age of Beleriand & Middle-Earth in a Total War modification ~

So I copied my Rome Total War into two things.

Rome Total War - Going to Use For BOA - Napoleonic Folder Uninstalled. Completely Rome Total War Folder.

Rome Total War Original - Self Explanatory, this is the original Rome Total War with Napoleonic Installed.

I'm looking into the BOA Folder using WinRar though I do not see any of these files that are said to be deleted.

- patch_0.pak
    - patch_1.pak
    - ui_0.pak
    - ui_1.pak
    - battle_open.pak
    - game_init.pak

Do I have to extract the BOA mod into my desktop and than go into:

Battles of Asia - Total War\Data\packs

And delete it there? Does the same apply to this:

Total War\Data\sounds\ and delete events.dat.

If this is the case, how do I than use the folder to extract the files into my Rome Total War folder? Is there a shortcut that I have to use to get this mod to run? Please help.

Yeah, the files you must delete are in your Rome - Total War folder. Then, extract the content of the archive. It won't work if you don't delete the files mentionned in the readme before extract the archive.
    ~ Click on the picture below to see First Age of Beleriand & Middle-Earth in a Total War modification ~

I could not find the, " patch_1.pak", but I found the rest, and extracted the BOA files onto my Rome Total War copy folder after deleting the required files. Yet, it still loads up to Rome!

There is people like you and me who don't have this file. Maybe it's because we have the Gold Edition...
    Last edited by Nelduin; 07-04-2008 at 12:14.