Thread: About this mod

Default About this mod

This mod was designed to allow the player to choose between different start time (in the same way you could in 'Shogun: Total War' and 'Medieval: Total War').

At present it is possible to start the mod in 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, and 1500. At each of these times different units will be available, and the various factions will have historically accurate start position. The earlier periods are characterised by the lightly armoured soldiers and poor economies; while the later campaigns have more heavily armoured soldiers and gunpowder units, and the settlements and economies are far stronger.

The playable factions will also change from campaign to campaign to reflect the constantly changing state of the world. For example Genoa is not available in any campaign before 1300 and the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantine Empire) is not available in the 1500 campaign.

This mod has very few rebel provinces since almost everywhere in Europe was owned by one country or another (though not very well controlled). Also since I have made many smaller factions playable (such as Croatia) they no longer need to be represented by rebel factions.

For more information about this mod please visit the thread covering the most recent version of this mod (currently 2.3).
    Last edited by uanime5; 08-03-2008 at 11:02.
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version

Default Re: About this mod

Holy thread necromancy, Batman! :P

Would it be possible to get one of those databases of the factions and their units available for each campaign? I know that would probably take biblically silly amounts of time but I don't know if I've actually been able to witness every single unit card and preview pic and in-battle appearance to make sure that they're all working properly for you. I've looked throughout the factions at start of each campaign, and sort of half-assumed 1500 would have everything from the lower levels, though that's probably way off. To get those unit lists would let me simply tick them off as I come across them. :)

Default Re: About this mod

The 'data/export_descr_unit.txt' files contain the names of all the units and which factions can have them. 'data/export_descr_unit_early.txt' covers the 970, 1080, and 1200 campaigns; 'data/export_descr_unit_high.txt' covers the 1300 campaign, 'export_descr_unit_late.txt' covers the 1400 campaign, and 'export_descr_unit_later.txt' covers the 1500 campaign. Though some units are declared available to all factions in these files I many not allow all factions to recruit them in the 'export_descr_buildings.txt' files.

Units with multiple armour upgrades have several battle models (some many not appear in this mod since I require a certain level of Blacksmith buildings to recruit some units).
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version