Thread: Arverni or Aedui

Default Arverni or Aedui

Hm I have a real hard dilemma now. Probably that will affect my whole life from now. I want to start a new campaign as an barbarian tribe. And I narrowed down my choises to Arverni and Aedui. I can't really choose. So now I want to know what you would choose and why. They feel a bit similar but are a bit different. I thought about Lustoannaian. But I think they would be a bit to hard for me.

Thumbs up Re: Arverni or Aedui

The Arverni have prettier soldiers. And they have a God-King!

Default Re: Arverni or Aedui

Aedui: Carnutes are cooler than the Averni nobles

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

You might wanna think about the gameplay as well. If you choose Arverni you will probs come into contact with the German multitudes sooner than Adeuii, and with the Audeii you will most likely have to battle the might of endless Roman Legions, although you will probs ahve to face both sooner or later. The Gauls were so much easier in Vanilla...
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Lusottan weren't difficult at all for me. They make tons of cash and I was able to field an elite army rather quickly!

Lusotana is awesome, Aedui is awesome, Arveni is awesome

Though, Lusotana is all around awesome....
    lol
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

Well, I also want to do a Barbarian Campaign, and I have narrowed it down to the Aedui.

1. First, there is the Carnutes, Bad@ss religious warriors who defend the "legal" rulers of Gaul.

2. Next, only the Gaulish tribes get the second level of roads, so if you want roads, you have to be Celtic.

3. Recruitment - the Gauls can get all of the cool units from Britain (caledonian) , Ireland (Goidilic), Spain, Central Europe, and even Galatia. They definitely have the largest AOR for units, and if the continent goes to hell, you can always retreat to Hibernia (Ireland) and rebuild.

4. Roleplaying - the Aedui are the rightful rulers of Gaul, and the Druids support this claim... I would rather be right than rebellious in my campaign (unless I am Baktria)

Goodluck!

I prefer Aedui over Arverni. Aedui have a bit better expansion region (where you can build lvl2 govs) in my opinion.
    For building a barbarian empire the gauls are definitely the best option cause they have the best AOR and most advanced building options. I really love Sweboz, but the lack of public order buildings and recruitment options makes it really difficult to control larger parts of Europe.

Latha math!!!! If it were me i would pick the Aedui just seems right!!! they have a land below the alps and a good corner to take over in gaul and brittany, with belgae troops to the north!!!

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Arjos look cooler, but Cingetos carnute are better in killing
    I'd pick the more murderous one any day...
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

By the way, is the Recruitment viewer correct in that Galatia is an expansion region for the Aedui and Casse, but not for the Arverni? For me it has rebelled to the Averni in every game I've played so it would seem more natural that it was the other way around.

Yeah, the recruitment viewer is correct in that. Ankyra has the Averni as creator faction, so it will rebel to the Arverni. Could be however that it will rebel to the Aedui after a town upgrade, because it belongs to the gauls-subfaction of the Eleutheroi, but I'm not sure on that.

Quote Originally Posted by white_star View Post
    Hm I have a real hard dilemma now. Probably that will affect my whole life from now. I want to start a new campaign as an barbarian tribe. And I narrowed down my choises to Arverni and Aedui. I can't really choose. So now I want to know what you would choose and why. They feel a bit similar but are a bit different. I thought about Lustoannaian. But I think they would be a bit to hard for me.
    Aedui. Check my signature to find out why.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

Unhinged Celtophile Member Aodhan's Avatar

I prefer the Aedui, mainly because they to me seem more flexible in the begging, if you are careful you can in the first few turns draw the entire Averni army in Vienoss and Gerovia in carrion feed by simply looring them into the fords and woods. Next I go after the last Averni holding over by Germany wait for them to sally, crush them and then return your army to Bibracte for retraining. The next step is to squash the Sweboz quickly, so all you need to do (since in the beginning the Sweboz have allot of stick and club wielding militia) is get one huge stack of troops with allot of swordsmen and the march them off to Germany as quickly as possible and start taking out Sweboz armies as soon as you see them and take all of their town to nock them out of the game, and leave say on unit of levies in every town and set up client kingdoms. The only major complication is the fact that there will be allot of Sweboz hiding in the woods who will attack the cities you have freshly taken causing you to have to send the army back to get them. And while you do all of this do remember to get an Oppida and lots of troops for Mediolanaum so the Romans can't take it.