Thread: Inaccurate Camillan Uniforms

Default Inaccurate Camillan Uniforms

As you should all know by now, I despise negativity toward the EB team, but once again I feel it my duty to point out a historical inaccuracy in the mod. It regards the color of the uniforms the Camillan Hastati and Principes wear. They wear dull off-white clothes that look far more like the uniform of a rag-tag militia than the finest legions of the Res Publica. As we all know, this is not historical, why the team thought they could get away with it, I truly don’t know. Allow me to quote from the recently discovered work of Roman senator Decimvs Conceitvs, Gallic Array, in which he speaks of the proper Camillan uniform.

And therefore Consvl Gaivs Stvpidvs drew his troops up before him and began to address them with one of his famous pre-battle speeches. “Friends, Romani, countrymen,” he began, brandishing his sword toward the heavens, “our homes are in front of us, the enemy behind us! Therefore march forward, never looking back! The Gauls are weaklings, not to be feared. Nay, look only however, for their bloody pink elephants! Advance! Advance, I say, and never look behind you.”
    And with the conclusion of this fine speech, the forces began to advance, clad to the last man in their fire-engine-red uniforms, about the shade of day-glo. Every man of them marching in step, their weapons already drawn, their clothes freshly laundered from the dirt of the trail, despite the long march. For the glory of the Res Publica. Thus began the battle of Mvddy River.
    See what I mean. The evidence is so unimpeachable that I trust the EB team will make the requisite changes as soon as possible, if not in a releasable “hot-fix”, then I trust in the first beta of EB II. Thank you.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This is a joke thread!
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

Default Re: Inaccurate Camillan Uniforms

These aren't funny. They are spam. Please stop.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator