Thread: 0 Turn Recruitment

Strator Efthymios ek Herakliou Member Dafuge's Avatar

Default 0 Turn Recruitment

I couldn't find a question thread so I just decided to make a new thread, hope nobody minds.

So is it going to be 0 turn recruitment, or are you implementing the multiple unit recruitment?

And also when is the mod timeframe, as in will it include pre-Marius units?

And how historical will legions be from 1-10. 1 being Vanilla and 10 RS.
    Strator Efthymios ek Herakliou
    Strator and Legate of the House Ilios Korakas

Default Re: 0 Turn Recruitment

I suggest: On these very fora.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

A 'quick questions' thread might be useful here, though ;)
    This space intentionally left blank.

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

I would also appreciate a "quick question thread" on this forum.

As to the 0-turn recruitment question. I would advise AGAINST it. I have once played an EB unofficil mod with this feature and it proved as unfair advantage to the human player. If I know that I could muster a whole army immediately, I do not need to keep much force on a standing basis, thus saving huge ammount of money on th upkeep. Once needed, i.e. when I see enemy comming, there is nothing to prevent me from spawning a half stack in the nearest city, thus foiling any chance for succssful AI invasion. On the other hand the AI seemed to be unable to use the potential advantages the 0-turn recruitment gave to it. Therefore I found this rather boring and stopped using that particular mod. My opinion is that 0-turn recruitment screws the ballance and should not be implemented...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    (...unless the Team decides otherwise and make an appropriate allowance for it)

Remember, M2TW has a very different recruitment system from RTW. You may think that 0 turn recruitment provides an unfair advantage but not if you only have a certain amount of units to call upon and these take a long time to reappear again. But I doubt the EB team will be doing 0 turn recruitment anyway, having 3-4 slots for recruitment works well enough right?

Question: can the whole recruiting multiple units per turn thing be modified on a faction by faction basis? Like the Romans could have 4 unit slots for training in a huge city whereas Carthage could only have 3? Is that sort of thing possible?
    I am King of Rome, and above grammar.

Yes.

And off topic: are you really 'located' in the IC of some (Boston?) hospital ?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.