Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just in case the map hasn't been finalized

Default Re: Just in case the map hasn't been finalized

That was a joke, I don't think there will be baltic faction.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

If you will make a new celtiberian or iberian faction maybe a new province will be needed in Hispania.
    As well in North Africa with two new numidian kingdoms.
    "Iustitia procurat pacem et iniuria bellum, humilia verba sunt nuntii pacis et superba, belli." (Ramon Llull)

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Just to add here Cartaphilus, the EB team has never officialy stated that there will be two (nor one for that matter) Numidian factions. I´m sorry if this is not what you meant, but to me it sounded like you believe that they actually have.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

I know that.
    It was only a simple assumption (and not made by me), like all the posts in this thread.

I expect only one numidian faction - but another one will be welcomed too.
    But if we have new factions in the area (as in Hispania) they will need some "Lebensraum" - and the fight for it will be hard.
    Last edited by Cartaphilus; 08-30-2008 at 21:05.
    "Iustitia procurat pacem et iniuria bellum, humilia verba sunt nuntii pacis et superba, belli." (Ramon Llull)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...ng_in_Sardinia
    http://www.coptur.net/nora_en.html
    Looks like the island should be a quite important place to hold, on the other side it might be more historically accurate to have Nora as the administrative capital (aka city) in Sardinia and Karali as docks.

I apologize for the quality of the links but it's hard to find accurate online information.
    Karalis is the proper city choice in Sardinia; it was the most significant city on the island at the time. The only other hypothetical I would see would be Tharros, midway up the western coast (the city was established by Nuraghi, then conquered by the Phoenicians and later the Romans).

I visited this summer:

(Tower is from a later Spanish period.)

I don't understand the placement of the port at the northeast of the island, however. Karalis was a significant port in its own right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagliari#Early_history
    http://www.isolasarda.com/nora-storia_e.htm

I certainly don't think Sardinia warrants 2 cities. I'm not even sure Corsica warrants its own city.
    Last edited by TheGlobalizer; 09-02-2008 at 00:54.

Yeah, two cities in Sardinia might be overkill, those extra provinces are needed elsewhere. Still, I definately think that Sardinia and Corsica should be separate provinces. Not only for obvious gameplay-reasons, but also because it makes no sense that if you conquer Sardinia, you get a complementary island for free. Corsica is a province in its own right, and should stay that way.
    The Romans conquered them separately, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI Eupator View Post
    Yeah, two cities in Sardinia might be overkill, those extra provinces are needed elsewhere. Still, I definately think that Sardinia and Corsica should be separate provinces. Not only for obvious gameplay-reasons, but also because it makes no sense that if you conquer Sardinia, you get a complementary island for free. Corsica is a province in its own right, and should stay that way.
    The Romans conquered them separately, after all...
    Agree completely if there was no cap on # of cities. I'm not sure Corsica makes the top 199 in that map, tho.

boy do i love having acces as an Eb web dude to that sort of info cause i know the map size more or less! yea!

and im not telling any body anything! ;)
    Last edited by mp0925; 09-02-2008 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by mp0925 View Post
    boy do i love having acces as an Eb web dude to that sort of info cause i know the map size more or less! yea!

and im not telling any body anything! ;)
    Why would you post that?

Seems like complete spam to me. Or you are trying to be humerous.
    Nothing To Display

I wouldn't say that we've finalized things yet. We certainly have quite a bit still planned, a number of changes that, at least, I like, and a few things here or there to still be debated.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

I firmly believe that the Ionian islands need to be an region in their own. i also think maybe Malta should be an island with a city. their should be alot more conquerable islands in the med. But that's just one Gael's opinion
    Last edited by Celtic_Punk; 09-04-2008 at 07:41.
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Punk View Post
    I firmly believe that the Ionian islands need to be an region in their own. i also think maybe Malta should be an island with a city. their should be alot more conquerable islands in the med. But that's just one Gael's opinion

I am convinced that there are quite a few of us out there who would like such things, but unfortunately, the M2TW engine has a region limit of 199, which was already reached in EBI, and even though the map apparantly will be reworked for EBII, there might be places that are in more dire need of new provinces than, for example, Malta.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlobalizer View Post
    Karalis is the proper city choice in Sardinia; it was the most significant city on the island at the time. The only other hypothetical I would see would be Tharros, midway up the western coast (the city was established by Nuraghi, then conquered by the Phoenicians and later the Romans).

I visited this summer:

(Tower is from a later Spanish period.)

I don't understand the placement of the port at the northeast of the island, however. Karalis was a significant port in its own right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagliari#Early_history
    http://www.isolasarda.com/nora-storia_e.htm

I certainly don't think Sardinia warrants 2 cities. I'm not even sure Corsica warrants its own city.
    Nora was the administrative and military capital under both Carthage and Rome until early empire, Karali was definitely bigger but mainly a commercial city where ore from the mines and other good would flow to the port directed towards africa and other destinations.

Anyways, on a second thought: Could you guys consider putting a permanent fort in the center of Sardinia to represent the independent tribes over there?
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12