Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: MTW-Redux Beta Released!

Default Re: MTW-Redux Beta Released!

Anyhow, some Redux news... Today the unipatch for RXB1005 is released...

The Redux universal patch is valid for all 1005-versions, and what does is to update RXB1005 to RXB1005c. As such it updates and corrects a number of minor errors of previous 1005-releases, regardless the kind. The "unipatch" is fully save-game compatible and does not change the game-experience in any way, other then correcting detected errors, bugs and typos. It is important that you select/use/apply ONLY the stuff from the folder that corresponds to the MTW-version you are using. If you do that, there will be no problems with this patch and Redux will update just fine upon install (using standard method of copy, paste and replace in game-directory).

Patch Name: RXB-Unipatch 1005c
    Patch Version: 1005c
    Language: English
    Terms of Use: P.U.O, Personal Use Only (restricted material).
    Size: Zipped 0.5MB/Uncompressed 1.4MB
    Compatibility: RXB1005 versions only (all versions).
    Operating System: -
    Hardware: -
    Description: see above...
    Credits: Axalon all over...
    Download Links:

Download zip-version: (primary)
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/108...-unipatch1005c

Download rar-version: (reserve)
    Pending...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THE BUGS & ERRORS FIXED:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Building completed string, “shipyard 4” is now included...
    • University colorpic for Catholic factions is now the right one...
    • Errata on the rebel-kill description for “grim justice” corrected.
    • 8th star promotion for generals will no longer stack up with the 9th star promotion description.
    • Townwatch, Orthodox factions, Level1 has now the proper GFX assigned, as was always intended...
    • Name on “large Warehouse” is wrong. Changed to “Large Warehouse”, as it should be...
    • "Daimyo"/ruler promoted string/blurb is no longer missing...
    • All pagan sacred stones will now use the correct GFX, as always intended...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 12-28-2014 at 09:22. Reason: update

Member thankful for this post:

huth 

A happy new year folks... Some notes/remarks to self, as tradition would have it...

Redux & 2014
    -----------------------------

Releases: RXB1005, RXB1005-VI, Unipatch 1...
    Downloads RXB1005: 550 (roughly)
    Downloads RXB1004: 800 (roughly, prior to RXB1005)
    Views: +15000-20000

In reference to posts... 2014 generated 50% less posts in this very thread then the previous year... 10 posts were mine which is less than half of the posts made in total over the year and I generally consider that aspect to be a good thing. A few new and additional RX-threads was created here at the ORG in 2014 while over at the TWC the general Redux-thread finally surpassed this one as the largest and most visited Redux-thread in the world. Both general RX-threads (here and over there) hit the 100.000 views marker during the summer of 2014. Up to that point, the TWC-thread had always been about 10.000 views the junior to this thread, but in 2014 all that changed. As I write this the TWC counterpart have some 3000+ views beyond this one. In that light, if the ORG-administration continues with the same practices and attitudes, as displayed over the last 3 years or so - that switched gap is likely to only grow bigger. The general decline of this site and the overall "unsuccessful" management of the entire ORG-forum have obviously had its repercussions to this sub-forum/section as well. Sad but true.

- A

Member thankful for this post:

huth 

Well, I still visit here from time to time. Always have to check up on new Redux releases. Great mods never die.

Hi Meco, and thanks for posting...

I totally welcome your visits and all that, but I fear that your occasional visits and posts will not be enough to keep this place going, or to sustain Redux in general, or any immortality. We both rely on this place/area somehow yet we do little to sustain or maintain it. I mean, neither of us manage to conjure up a measly 1 post per month at this place, now do we? And as small and ridiculous as that sounds, even that will still be drastic improvement for this place if we just managed that much - yet we don't.... See what I mean... Our reasons/excuses for that probably differ big time, but the result - right here - that will be the same, and that in a bad way...

Personally, I think that the occasional visit, a singular post here and there - does not sustain this area/sub-forum, or any mod in general. I actually doubt it ever did. I think that if you guys want this Redux-forum around, you probably have too do more then that, a lot more. You will have to do your part somehow, and if you do, others will eventually follow. And that will actually matter here, and this place will be better for it... 1 post per month, its not much, hell its even borderline ridiculous - but - it is a start... That's what I think...

- A

Redux news...

Previously this month (april) the RXB1005 hit the 1000+ downloads marker, which means it has managed to achieve similar levels of success to that of the RXB1003 and RXB1004 before it. Typically, I consider any release (Redux or otherwise) that does manage to go north of 500+ downloads to be a success far and well beyond rational expectations - that for any material - but especially so for all stuff that does depend on/apply to ancient/old games - such as MTW for instance... Basically, its a brilliant success beyond my expectations with the RXB1005, but also for Redux in general, obviously I am very happy about all this stuff...

Another update for the RXB1005 is planned for public release in 2015... Currently I am working on compiling materials intended to for release somehow as the “unipatch 2” and I have done that for quite some time. I thus can confirm that there will be another update for the RXB1005. Unipatch 2 will include everything from the previous unipatch and it will also be save-game compatible (only some few nominal potential anomalies, if any, using previous saves). Obviously it will also be designated differently as “RXB1005d” or something higher for easy distinction. And the release of “unipatch 2” will definitely be sometime this year, but I am actually hoping for an early release - possibly even as early as sometime in May – that is, if all goes well... It is too soon to tell for sure or make any big promises on that, but I’m hoping for the best, and would be thrilled to see it happen... Anyhow, unipatch 2 will obviously introduce a bunch of additional updates, changes, fixes and various GFX-improvements to the RXB1005, and so far that means...

• New GFX for England (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Byzantium (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Saracens (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Moors (shields/flag)...
    • Improved castle-flag for France...
    • New separate unitpics on “woodsmen”, distinct for catholic-, orthodox- or pagan-cultures...
    • New unitpic for the “Imperial Guard”-unit (HRE)...
    • New and improved picture-set for “orthodox churches”...
    • Fixing the “Grand pagan idol” error...
    • Fixing the “Dissmounted Nobles” error...
    • Fixing the “Norse Axemen” error...
    • “Norse Warriors” will become “Norse Nobles”, and reduced to 20 men units and better stats... I think it will probably result in a better game- and faction-balance this way (and it corresponds better to what I originally had in mind for the Norse as a faction-experience and the circumstances they should have). Also, these new guys will get the correct swords as was intended ever since RXB1004 or something along those lines... Previously they used the regular swords i battle when they should have used the barbarian/norse styled ones.... Compare with "Slavic Warriors" and their swords in battle-mode, for reference...
    • ???

- A

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021