Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: MTW-Redux Beta Released!

Default Re: MTW-Redux Beta Released!

Anyhow, some Redux news... Today the unipatch for RXB1005 is released...

The Redux universal patch is valid for all 1005-versions, and what does is to update RXB1005 to RXB1005c. As such it updates and corrects a number of minor errors of previous 1005-releases, regardless the kind. The "unipatch" is fully save-game compatible and does not change the game-experience in any way, other then correcting detected errors, bugs and typos. It is important that you select/use/apply ONLY the stuff from the folder that corresponds to the MTW-version you are using. If you do that, there will be no problems with this patch and Redux will update just fine upon install (using standard method of copy, paste and replace in game-directory).

Patch Name: RXB-Unipatch 1005c
    Patch Version: 1005c
    Language: English
    Terms of Use: P.U.O, Personal Use Only (restricted material).
    Size: Zipped 0.5MB/Uncompressed 1.4MB
    Compatibility: RXB1005 versions only (all versions).
    Operating System: -
    Hardware: -
    Description: see above...
    Credits: Axalon all over...
    Download Links:

Download zip-version: (primary)
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/108...-unipatch1005c

Download rar-version: (reserve)
    Pending...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THE BUGS & ERRORS FIXED:

• Building completed string, “shipyard 4” is now included...
    • University colorpic for Catholic factions is now the right one...
    • Errata on the rebel-kill description for “grim justice” corrected.
    • 8th star promotion for generals will no longer stack up with the 9th star promotion description.
    • Townwatch, Orthodox factions, Level1 has now the proper GFX assigned, as was always intended...
    • Name on “large Warehouse” is wrong. Changed to “Large Warehouse”, as it should be...
    • "Daimyo"/ruler promoted string/blurb is no longer missing...
    • All pagan sacred stones will now use the correct GFX, as always intended...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 12-28-2014 at 10:22. Reason: update

Member thankful for this post:

huth 

A happy new year folks... Some notes/remarks to self, as tradition would have it...

Redux & 2014
    -----------------------------

Releases: RXB1005, RXB1005-VI, Unipatch 1...
    Downloads RXB1005: 550 (roughly)
    Downloads RXB1004: 800 (roughly, prior to RXB1005)
    Views: +15000-20000

In reference to posts... 2014 generated 50% less posts in this very thread then the previous year... 10 posts were mine which is less than half of the posts made in total over the year and I generally consider that aspect to be a good thing. A few new and additional RX-threads was created here at the ORG in 2014 while over at the TWC the general Redux-thread finally surpassed this one as the largest and most visited Redux-thread in the world. Both general RX-threads (here and over there) hit the 100.000 views marker during the summer of 2014. Up to that point, the TWC-thread had always been about 10.000 views the junior to this thread, but in 2014 all that changed. As I write this the TWC counterpart have some 3000+ views beyond this one. In that light, if the ORG-administration continues with the same practices and attitudes, as displayed over the last 3 years or so - that switched gap is likely to only grow bigger. The general decline of this site and the overall "unsuccessful" management of the entire ORG-forum have obviously had its repercussions to this sub-forum/section as well. Sad but true.

- A

huth 

Well, I still visit here from time to time. Always have to check up on new Redux releases. Great mods never die.

Hi Meco, and thanks for posting...

I totally welcome your visits and all that, but I fear that your occasional visits and posts will not be enough to keep this place going, or to sustain Redux in general, or any immortality. We both rely on this place/area somehow yet we do little to sustain or maintain it. I mean, neither of us manage to conjure up a measly 1 post per month at this place, now do we? And as small and ridiculous as that sounds, even that will still be drastic improvement for this place if we just managed that much - yet we don't.... See what I mean... Our reasons/excuses for that probably differ big time, but the result - right here - that will be the same, and that in a bad way...

Personally, I think that the occasional visit, a singular post here and there - does not sustain this area/sub-forum, or any mod in general. I actually doubt it ever did. I think that if you guys want this Redux-forum around, you probably have too do more then that, a lot more. You will have to do your part somehow, and if you do, others will eventually follow. And that will actually matter here, and this place will be better for it... 1 post per month, its not much, hell its even borderline ridiculous - but - it is a start... That's what I think...

- A

Redux news...

Previously this month (april) the RXB1005 hit the 1000+ downloads marker, which means it has managed to achieve similar levels of success to that of the RXB1003 and RXB1004 before it. Typically, I consider any release (Redux or otherwise) that does manage to go north of 500+ downloads to be a success far and well beyond rational expectations - that for any material - but especially so for all stuff that does depend on/apply to ancient/old games - such as MTW for instance... Basically, its a brilliant success beyond my expectations with the RXB1005, but also for Redux in general, obviously I am very happy about all this stuff...

Another update for the RXB1005 is planned for public release in 2015... Currently I am working on compiling materials intended to for release somehow as the “unipatch 2” and I have done that for quite some time. I thus can confirm that there will be another update for the RXB1005. Unipatch 2 will include everything from the previous unipatch and it will also be save-game compatible (only some few nominal potential anomalies, if any, using previous saves). Obviously it will also be designated differently as “RXB1005d” or something higher for easy distinction. And the release of “unipatch 2” will definitely be sometime this year, but I am actually hoping for an early release - possibly even as early as sometime in May – that is, if all goes well... It is too soon to tell for sure or make any big promises on that, but I’m hoping for the best, and would be thrilled to see it happen... Anyhow, unipatch 2 will obviously introduce a bunch of additional updates, changes, fixes and various GFX-improvements to the RXB1005, and so far that means...

• New GFX for England (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Byzantium (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Saracens (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Moors (shields/flag)...
    • Improved castle-flag for France...
    • New separate unitpics on “woodsmen”, distinct for catholic-, orthodox- or pagan-cultures...
    • New unitpic for the “Imperial Guard”-unit (HRE)...
    • New and improved picture-set for “orthodox churches”...
    • Fixing the “Grand pagan idol” error...
    • Fixing the “Dismounted Nobles” error...
    • Fixing the “Norse Axemen” error...
    • “Norse Warriors” will become “Norse Nobles”, and reduced to 20 men units and better stats... I think it will probably result in a better game- and faction-balance this way (and it corresponds better to what I originally had in mind for the Norse as a faction-experience and the circumstances they should have). Also, these new guys will get the correct swords as was intended ever since RXB1004 or something along those lines... Previously they used the regular swords i battle when they should have used the barbarian/norse styled ones.... Compare with "Slavic Warriors" and their swords in battle-mode, for reference...
    • ???

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 05-20-2015 at 00:17. Reason: Errata...

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Well done Axalon !
    I will be downloading sometime soon ...
    I have been away for a very long time but im so pleased that people like yourself are still making a great game better !
    cheers

Hi Dimitrios,

Ummm feel free to do so... A lot has happened in MTW modding the last 10 years, and especially the last 5. Redux is very much an expression of that progress and process, and that shows all over basically. Hopefully you will like (most things in) the experience Redux provides. If you do have any questions, experiences or other things related to Redux you want to share with the rest of us, please post here at your discretion....

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 04-29-2015 at 14:18. Reason: Ummm...

I have a taste for some MTW again. I'm going to dl the the new patch and play.
    Last time I played as France and boy was it a challenge. Everything from pirate navies, saracen civil-wars and invincible English knights (the English took an isolationist policy which upset me, they didn't seem to build many ships or use them to invade). Anyway, I feel to play some muslims this time.

Hi Jingo,

Well MTW/Redux is like that... Time goes and suddenly you want to play it all over again. France huh? Challenge? Well, I think that is part of what makes Redux stand out from other mods/projects, it is typically much tougher then all other stuff made for MTW, and obviously everything is tougher then raw MTW. France is a standard faction in Redux (as is England, HRE, Spain, Italy and Poland), which means it is supposed to deliver a solid challenge somehow. Some factions are tougher (Spain and Poland are the hardest), some are easier (England easiest amongst the regular factions) and some are in between (HRE, Italy and France). As for the rest, they are typically easier to handle, due to being less complex, better starting points and potential bonuses and so forth. The Muslim factions are probably the easiest optional factions in Redux (followed by the Byzantines). Saracens being the easiest of them all...

As for the English and their ships (in your example)... Well, if they got the cash and tech for it, they typically build a bunch of ships, and use them. Of course there are always exceptions to that, but that is usually what happens. My guess would be that something was not in place, or the enemy lands they (England) could attack was too well defended, could be that too... Try another campaign with France and see what happens, RX-campaigns have a strong tendency to be very different each time, much more so then ever was the case in the raw game, but it could differ quite a bit in the raw MTW too. Just a suggestion, while you wait for unipatch2...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 05-20-2015 at 00:04.

Yeah for sure the urge to play MTW comes in waves. I was hooked for weeks last time, as it was my discovering your mod on top of discovering that I could actually play MTW at all on newer hardware after 10 years. Needless to say, it was a struggle to do anything other than play redux for those weeks.
    Regarding my French campaign, there was an odd sea glitch that I will try to grab a save-file of. Something like the ships I was building from Flanders would become immobile, or when I touched them they switched to rebel or something, whatever it was it was very annoying.
    Also, not a glitch, but there was a meeting point in central europe where 4 factions shared borders, swabia or somewhere. Basically I think there was so much army build-up that no faction could attack without exposing itself to counter-attack. It led to a MASSIVE troop build-up which lagged the campaign map quite a bit. So I get what you mean, no 2 games are the same and some unique happyfuntimes to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by jingo7 View Post
    Regarding my French campaign, there was an odd sea glitch that I will try to grab a save-file of. Something like the ships I was building from Flanders would become immobile, or when I touched them they switched to rebel or something, whatever it was it was very annoying.
    It is probably a corrupt save (it sure sounds like it) as those are fairly common on the V.2.01-engine. Its important to point out that this is not in any way connected to Redux but is generated by the MTW-engine itself and is as frequent in raw game as well - this due being poorly crafted and tested in the first place by CA. Its more uncommon in V.1.1 but that version is clearly more unstable in turn (among a few other things). Usually corrupt saves are generated from a save made just ahead of an unresolved battle, when offered to save, don't. Best place to save is at the very beginning of a new turn. If you are going to save, the safest way to do so is to do a proper regular saves. There is a RX-thread about corrupt saves and its probably the most unpopular thread ever created here, as nobody has ever posted there, this since its creation back in 2008. It has still useful info on corrupt saves despite all things...

Also, not a glitch, but there was a meeting point in central europe where 4 factions shared borders, swabia or somewhere. Basically I think there was so much army build-up that no faction could attack without exposing itself to counter-attack. It led to a MASSIVE troop build-up which lagged the campaign map quite a bit. So I get what you mean, no 2 games are the same and some unique happyfuntimes to be had.
    It happens from time to time. I usually try kill off gigantic armies (even rebel ones) as to eliminate the delay that such massive amounts of troops tends to generate in turn-progression. And once they are gone, the AI-progression in turns returns to normal. Of course it will take a serious army to kill some 10.000-15.000+ army (default unit-size), obviously.

Overall, the AI-principle on troops in Redux is (very) different from that of raw MTW. The RX-doctrine for the AI can basically be summed up like this: build troops so you can act on the map, no troops means no capacity to act, not acting means you will die, therefore build troops to ensure own survival and the death of existing enemies. More troops is arguably the most important prerequisite to do anything in Redux and the AI is forced (by design) to act accordingly (as is implicitly the player). If a player fails to act against powerful AI-factions by waiting too long to counter them (including rebels), she may very well lose the entire game simply because she have not the armies to survive the onslaught. Of course, sheer skill will also matter since a skilled player can successfully withstand and survive much heavier odds then the average player can...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 05-21-2015 at 02:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    It happens from time to time. I usually try kill off gigantic armies (even rebel ones) as to eliminate the delay that such massive amounts of troops tends to generate in turn-progression. And once they are gone, the AI-progression in turns returns to normal. Of course it will take a serious army to kill some 10.000-15.000+ army (default unit-size), obviously.

Overall, the AI-principle on troops in Redux is (very) different from that of raw MTW. The RX-doctrine for the AI can basically be summed up like this: build troops so you can act on the map, no troops means no capacity to act, not acting means you will die, therefore build troops to ensure own survival and the death of existing enemies. More troops is arguably the most important prerequisite to do anything in Redux and the AI is forced (by design) to act accordingly (as is implicitly the player). If a player fails to act against powerful AI-factions by waiting too long to counter them (including rebels), she may very well lose the entire game simply because she have not the armies to survive the onslaught. Of course, sheer skill will also matter since a skilled player can successfully withstand and survive much heavier odds then the average player can...

- A
    This is the only thing that continues to bother me about redux. These massive AI stacks haunt my games. I don't want to play the global policeman, having to kill of stacks to keep the game going! I want the AI to fight among themselves. I mean, it's great that the AI is comfortable with building big armies, but these armies seem to generate less conflict, not more. I'm sure it's a complicated affair, but what exactly does the AI consider when going to war/attacking a province? It seems a stack or 2 is enough to dissuade the AI from attacking, even when said AI has 6 stacks. I suppose it's about the quality of troops too, and the AIs (at the moment in my Moors-Supremacy campaign) are all of a similar tech level.

I don't mean this to be a whiny post or anything like that, you have created something far superior to the original even with this problem as I see it. But I do rack my brains at the AI behaviour.

Over at the debug-area Jingo posted this remark...

This makes sense. It's just good to know that this is intentional design. This is an excellent way to make the player fight hard to open his/her trade routes, but I worry about the AI (I assume they do fight the rebels at sea too). Seems that some factions just aren't interested in shipbuilding no matter how clear the waters, and some love it.
    Some factions are more inclined to do maritime stuff then others - due to my designs. That said, my experience is that the AI behavior on ships is one of the most irrational and difficult things to control in the entire game, there are no or few means or parameters to somehow control it. The AI have also a tendency to do things regardless of instructions when it comes to ships (much in the same way as agents, which is also virtually hopeless to properly control). One the most reoccurring problems is that the AI cant stop building ships at sensible levels and this might very well lead to a self-destruct due to enormous costs of ridiculously large fleets that it has no true use for...

I know that many gamers/player have over the years called for stronger fleets and more active AI’s on the seas, this in Redux as well. The reality is that it is very rare that the AI can actually handle that kind of thing properly and instead ends up self-destructing and crippling itself because of the fact. It is with that reality in mind that I have actively “encouraged” certain factions (as I cant properly control the AI on this stuff, no solid means for it) to more or less ignore ships and all that comes with it because the faction ends being healthier and stronger as a result - which is a good thing. If I had not done that, many factions would have become weak once they could build ships due to squandering most of their resources and strength on building ships that they had little actual use for.

Again, the simple reality is that a ship can never defend or conquer a territory while armies can do just that, and the AI needs that far more then it does ships, this with little exception. That is my claim and I question the notion that it will ever be a good game because we would allow (by design) the AI to build ships like crazy. I have seen little that would actually support such notions while I have seen plenty that would suggest otherwise.

This is the only thing that continues to bother me about redux. These massive AI stacks haunt my games. I don't want to play the global policeman, having to kill of stacks to keep the game going! I want the AI to fight among themselves. I mean, it's great that the AI is comfortable with building big armies, but these armies seem to generate less conflict, not more. I'm sure it's a complicated affair, but what exactly does the AI consider when going to war/attacking a province? It seems a stack or 2 is enough to dissuade the AI from attacking, even when said AI has 6 stacks. I suppose it's about the quality of troops too, and the AIs (at the moment in my Moors-Supremacy campaign) are all of a similar tech level.

I don't mean this to be a whiny post or anything like that, you have created something far superior to the original even with this problem as I see it. But I do rack my brains at the AI behaviour.
    I think it would be highly unrealistic to expect that you somehow will like every aspect of Redux all over, all the time - there is always something that people dont like or care for, no matter what. I cant please everybody with my designs or with the many design-choices I make, regardless of anything. We have all different playing styles, and that of course will make an impact on our general game-experiences, this in Redux as well. All the same, Redux does afford much more diversity in play-style and still manage to present a solid game-experience despite anything you do. It is obviously tougher and much more complex then the raw game, and it has too be in order to deliver that solid experience despite different playing-styles.

The AI typically does fight amongst themselves once there are no juicy rebel-held land to be had. The AI is basically a greedy coward and hopeless opportunist that tries to avoid war as long as possible, yet it is by nature drawn to it and will eventually commit to war once it has run out of other viable options (if it feels it is advantageous to do so). The Army build-up ensures internal order and safety (which is needed in Redux) while it at the same also provides capacity to strike externally. If all AI-factions are strong they will get cautious and only commit to war if it is certain it can win AND that the prize exceeds the pricetag/risks involved (a rich province). If there is a stalemate – it is temporary, it always is. At some time a factor X will break that deadlock. In many cases that factor X is the player (and I am basically counting on it in my designs), and it does not even need to to be directly either but implictly due to changing circumstances elsewhere that will somehow eventually influence the local stalemate as well. If it is not the player, she will have too a some point deal with strong AI-factions that obviously guard their territory succesfully. In short, forced to build an army that can take on such formidable garrisons - if not, the game will basically be lost... To act like world-police is hardly required in Redux and it actually boils down to playing-style - personally I like engaging/crushing vast armies just to stirr things around a bit - but it is not a must, its a choice. All the same, in the end it is hard to escape that you are supposed to conquer the map at some point (usually anyways)...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 05-30-2015 at 12:12. Reason: update...

This second universal patch for Redux is valid for all 1005-versions, and what does is to update RXB1005/1005c up to RXB1005e. As such it updates several minor things and corrects a number of minor errors in previous 1005-releases, regardless the kind. The "unipatch" should be fully save-game compatible and it makes several small changes to the game. Furthermore it corrects detected errors, bugs and typos, including all and everything of the unipatch1 fixes as well. It is important that you select/use/apply ONLY the stuff from the folder that corresponds to the MTW-version you are using. If you do that, there will be no problems with this patch and Redux will update just fine upon install (using standard method of copy, paste and replace in game-directory). Enjoy...

Patch Name: RXB-Unipatch 1005e
    Patch Version: 1005e
    Language: English
    Terms of Use: P.U.O, Personal Use Only (restricted material).
    Size: Zipped 2.34MB/Uncompressed 5.74MB
    Compatibility: RXB1005 versions only (all versions).
    Operating System: 2000/XP/W7 (Vista/W8 unconfirmed)
    Hardware: -
    Description: see above...
    Credits: Axalon all over...
    Except 2 errors/bugs found by Stazi.
    (The dismounted nobles and grand pagan idol-stuff)
    Download Links:

Download zip-version: (primary)
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/109...unipatch-1005e

Download rar-version: (reserve)
    Pending...

CHANGES & UPDATES:
    • New GFX for England (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Byzantium (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Saracens (flag/banner/shields)...
    • New GFX for Moors (shields/flag)...
    • Improved castle-flag for France...
    • New separate unitpics on “woodsmen”, distinct for catholic-, orthodox- or pagan-cultures...
    • Papacy get access to Light Halberdiers, Halberdiers and Heavy Halberdiers...
    • Raider Horse Archers cut to 60 men units (at default)...
    • Norse Spearmen enabled at spearmaker Lvl 2...
    • Norse Nobles enabled at Swordsmith Lvl 2...
    • Norse Cavalry changed to 20 men units (at default)...
    • RX-classic campaign updated on Norse Nobles...
    • Increased hitpoints on Large castle walls to 4000p (previously 2500p. Original MTW 1500p).
    • Increased hitpoints on Small castle walls to 3000p (previously 2000p. Original MTW 1000p).
    • All naptha units can damage castles, walls, towers and gates (this is a side-effect of their increased damage. It is not really intentional on my part).
    • Orthodox church infopics updated... (Both)...
    • Time to build basic forts increased to 6 turns...
    • New Royal Spearmen infopic...
    • New Imperial Guard infopic...
    • Norse Nobles replace the “Norse Warriors” units, and are reduced to 20 men units and better stats. I think it will probably result in a better game- and faction-balance this way (and it corresponds better to what I originally had in mind for the Norse as a faction-experience and the circumstances they should have). Also, these new guys will get the correct swords as was intended ever since RXB1004 or something along those lines... Previously they used the regular swords i battle when they should have used the barbarian/norse styled ones. Norse Nobles (swordmen) will be set to potential general candidates (unlike the previous unit).

BUGS & ERRORS FIXED:
    • The “Grand pagan idol” no longer is missing a building completed-file... As it should be.
    • The “Norse Axemen” now listed correctly as infantry...
    • Norse Infantry (Axemen) no longer general candidates...
    • The “Dismounted Nobles” error fixed... Exclusive for Gold/VI/2.01-versions only....
    • Longboats cost 550 florins in all versions...
    • Building completed string, “shipyard 4” is now included...
    • University colorpic for Catholic factions is now the right one...
    • Errata on the rebel-kill description for “grim justice” corrected.
    • 8th star promotion for generals will no longer stack up with the 9th star promotion description.
    • Townwatch, Orthodox factions, Level1 has now the proper GFX assigned, as was always intended...
    • Name on “large Warehouse” is wrong. Changed to “Large Warehouse”, as it should be...
    • "Daimyo"/ruler promoted string/blurb is no longer missing...
    • All pagan sacred stones will now use the correct GFX, as always intended...

- A

On the note that the AI tries to avoid war for as long as possible,does this mean that it respects alliances,or not? I haven't played Redux yet,but in Vanilla MTW as the Byzantines I used to get a alliance with Hungary so that they wouldn't attack me,while I dealt with Egypt and the Turks,and for the most part it mainly worked. Of course I kept strong garrisons on the border,so they wouldn't get any funny ideas..

The link for the Unipatch is dead.

"Sorry, but the file you requested could not be found. Please use our searching or browsing capabilities on the left side to help you find the file."

[EDIT] Nevermind, the second server works fine.
    Last edited by Matt714; 06-29-2015 at 22:49.

Quote Originally Posted by oz_wwjd View Post
    On the note that the AI tries to avoid war for as long as possible,does this mean that it respects alliances,or not? I haven't played Redux yet,but in Vanilla MTW as the Byzantines I used to get a alliance with Hungary so that they wouldn't attack me,while I dealt with Egypt and the Turks,and for the most part it mainly worked. Of course I kept strong garrisons on the border,so they wouldn't get any funny ideas..
    It depends on faction, the circumstances in the area, and anything stupid you might have done to that faction in the past etc. etc. Every campaign in Redux is basically different and so its virtually impossible to actually make any universal and reliable predictions on that note. Some factions hold grudges and have typically a harder time to get along - check the design-notes in the "Redux Bonus Material", the "MTW-Redux_ConflictGrid.txt"-file. You will get as good answers as one can get on these things out of that. After all, there are no explicit parameters to control this stuff directly and so its all a matter of circumstances and encouragement and the mere probable results out of all that jazz. "Certainty" is rarely to be had in alliances....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt714 View Post
    The link for the Unipatch is dead. ...Nevermind, the second server works fine.
    I have uploaded another extra copy of Unipatch2 at Gamefront as an operational reserve due to the increased demand on that stuff since the Steam-release of MTW. Its an extra failsafe for such potential problems...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 07-02-2015 at 10:18.

About Redux & Steam...

Leviath have kindly confirmed that Redux works just fine with Steam, provided all parts of Redux are also correctly installed. For running Redux on Steam you need to also apply the VI/Gold/v.2.01-upgrade for Redux - this at all times. Also, using the corresponding material of “Unipatch 2” is also recommended all the way - you will get a better experience as a result. I’ll update/clarify the first post somewhat in regards to Steam. Anyhow, he outlines all you need to do to play Redux on Steam like this, and I quote (slightly edited and formatted by me for increased clarity here)...

Quote Originally Posted by Leviath
    Hey guys,

I am listing here big mods still available and working for the Steam version of the game. I tested all of them myself to be sure. Be advised, mods overrun vanilla game files so if you want to desinstall a mod and play the vanilla game again, you'll have to delete the game from steam and delete the "Total war medieval 1 gold" folder in the steam folder manually, then reinstall the game.

MTW-Redux :
    *********************************************************************************
    Developped by Axalon, it offers a campaign spanning from 700 to 1260 AD with 11 factions playable,
    challenging AI, new campaign map textures (splendid) and new units.

First download and install the Redux Beta 1005 :
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/108...redux-beta1005

Then the Redux VI Upgrade :
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/108...ux-vi-beta1005

Finally, the Unipatch2 :
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/109...unipatch-1005e

Intallation is all about copy/pasting files into the game folder, see the README.txt for more infos.

Thread on TWC :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-Redux-(Beta)
    Anything else, fire away folks...

- A

I understand that in REdux there's large variety of new Units. In MTW one of the biggest disappointment I had was when I found that CA decided to make the Varangian Guard,as I was a mostly Byzantine player at that time only recruitable in Early and High,and once you got to late,they simply weren't available ,without anything that replaced them,which left a hole in my army,as I used them for flanking and emergency reserve duty,such as when a heavy cavalry charge devastated my infantry centre. Do units in Redux once I've built the buildings required to recruit them,stay available all through the game?

Do units in Redux once I've built the buildings required to recruit them,stay available all through the game?
    Yes...

- A

Having now played the Mod, I'd like to complement you on a extremely well-done job. There's a nice variety of units,and I was rather surprised when I tried taking 3 provinces rather rapidly that looked empty,and I then had to put down several rather unpleasant rebellions as a consequence. I just hope my mercenaries don't decide to strike out for themselves at any point,as my army consists of a large number of them at the moment. Although it is possible to grant merc titles and such? As one of them would be a extremely good governor as well as shaping up to be a reasonable general..

Having now played the Mod, I'd like to complement you on a extremely well-done job.
    Thanks...

There's a nice variety of units, ...
    Yup...

...and I then had to put down several rather unpleasant rebellions as a consequence.
    Rebels and rebellions are more dangerous in Redux then elsewhere... Always have been...

Although it is possible to grant merc titles and such?
    Nope... Only way that will happen - by conventional means - is him being captured in combat and you ransoming him back - then he becomes a regular troop (while as expensive to support as ever) and can be promoted as such. Its hardcoded stuff...

- A

Redux news/statistics...

During October 2015, the RXB1005 (any kind), broke the 2000-downloads milestone marker (previously it had 1050 downloads at AtomicGamer - before the shut down - plus some 980 downloads at Gamefront, as I write this) - this some 14 months after official release - making it the most downloaded modern Redux-version to date. No previous modern version of Redux has ever done that before it. Previously, both RXB1003 and 1004 managed to break the 1000 downloads barrier (the RXB1003 was in service/circulation for roughly 18 months before it was replaced, and the RXB1004 was in service less then a year). Overall, it still amazes me personally that this virtual "underground"-mod can still gather that much attention and players for something is based on a 13 year old combat/command-simulator-game. Well, I am not complaining. Do enjoy MTW-Redux folks, after all that primarily was (and still is) the point of me making it a public release in the first place.

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 11-05-2015 at 11:44. Reason: details...

A happy new year folks... Some notes/remarks to self, as tradition would have it...

Redux & 2015
    -----------------------------

Releases: Unipatch 2 (RXB1005)...
    Downloads RXB1005: 1800 (roughly)
    Views: +30.000

In reference to posts... 2015 generated somewhat less posts in this very thread then the previous year (compare with TWC RX-thread and 69 posts, 26 mine, same period). 13 posts were mine, which is a bit more then half of the posts made in total over the year (in this thread) and I generally consider that circumstance to be a bad thing. It means this thread is moving in the direction of becoming a thread for general announcements, news and statements, a kind of one-way news-channel instead of a place for discussing and exchanging experiences, tips and information between folks who play and are interested in Redux somehow. Obviously, Redux does not download itself, or generate that many views out of thin air - somebody is watching and reading here, somebody is downloading and playing Redux, yet failing to post and take part here. Damn shame, as it is an opportunity being squandered for nothing. Doing nothing will also yield nothing. Zero input means zero output as well, both in this thread and elsewhere.

In the summer of 2015, Atomic Gamer shut down, which was both sad and bad for Redux and modding at large. The entire Redux-legacy archive was thus lost, not to mention the primary zip-uploads as well. I have yet to find a replacement site/host as good and reliable as Atomic was (any suggestions would be welcome BTW). As it is the existing Gamefront uploads have had to soldier on alone since then, and still do. Hardly optimal or desirable. MTW also got ported to Steam™, and more importantly it was made more agreeable to W8 (W10 too?) and newer hardware. Typically of CA, it was only for the steam-version, for which we are again forced to pay for in full (all over again) despite having paid full price already for previous copies of MTW. So CA's poor business practices are still alive and well...

During 2015 my activity here was in general both periodic and sporadic. I was often absent for longer then a month at a time. Obviously my time is limited, but I am also displeased with Org-management at large as they have kept, and insisted upon, clearly unsuccessful practices and doctrines that has severely damaged this site ever since 2011 - and the flat out ridiculous site-index is also left unchanged. The only way to make this entire site somehow relevant again (and as a result the RX-area too), is to throw all that crap out the window and rebuild from scratch. Starting with attitude. This is a TW-site, do not be apologetic for that, stop acting as if it was supposed to be anything else or that anything else will save this site somehow. Its a TW-site, and the focus should have stayed there all the time, let other sites worry about other things, its in TW this site has a future, it was in TW former glory was built and it is here it can hope to compete. It is from TW it can draw strength and attract visitors and members once again, and it is in the equal treatment of all TW-games (new and old alike, no favorites) that this place can offer something that no other does. It is in treating modding seriously and favourably that this place can have a future, and any TW-game can have a future. As it is, nothing of this is done and we are left with what now is a virtual ghost-site with pitiful levels activity and traffic – so obvious that not even the Org-staff can not pretend to be oblivious of/ignore it any longer (although some have certainly tried). Everyone knows it, openly or silently. And its extra irritating to me as I have invested so much work and effort in this place/site over the years due to Redux (and other things). All that, and indeed the entire site, seemingly squandered due to petty prestige and the evident paralysis and incompetence of current site-management. There, I said it (not that it will matter much).

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 12-31-2015 at 14:56.

So, where can I download Redux from? No links :(
    Maybe some of you guys could spare a few hosted files?
    After all these years it'd be nice to try REDUX. Going Caravel for now, XL and BKB beaten so long ago.
    Last edited by huth; 05-31-2016 at 11:49.
    Sorry for my bad English.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So, where can I download Redux from? No links :(
    Maybe some of you guys could spare a few hosted files?
    After all these years it'd be nice to try REDUX. Going Caravel for now, XL and BKB beaten so long ago.
    Check here.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

huth 

You have my thanks
    Sorry for my bad English.

Alright, I have updated this thread (see first post) with new (temporary) uploads of all RXB1005-releases (flag-fix can already be found at the debug-area/thread). Bercor have (over at the TWC) made a fully functional third-party upload of the latest Redux 1005 releases as well (all files included). You can use that as an alternative/reserve to my uploads (although, that won't work using Explorer-browser. Chrome or something else will work. Don't ask me why...). After all, both Atomic and Gamefront are gone, so that have certainly screwed things up for Redux in terms of regular availability/distribution of RXB-1005 files. Anyhow, link to Bercors upload would be...

https://mega.nz/#!VNsTmTjQ!8rkGp04Fa...5OChZ31gy-wWFk

- A

Excelent mod! It's commendable that you continue to supposrt it and even add more content.

Hi and thanks man... I'll take yours and any other support, recognition and/or encouragement
    for Redux I can get these days - and especially so at this forum - because typically its scarce.

- A

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast