Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Redux: Debug-Area...

Exclamation Redux: Debug-Area...

Ok, I have set up this thread for the sake of clarity and at the same in an effort of trying to keep all such related stuff as the title suggests in one single place. Here!

When reporting bugs:
    • Always remember to check that your game is fully updated and running on optimal status…
    • Always remember to state what redux version you are running is it v.1.1 or VI/v.2.01?
    • Always remember to state upon what version is running upon. Is it original MTW/VI/ Gold/Era-Edition?
    • Always remember to state if you got several installs of different versions of MTW.
    • Always remember to state exactly where the bug is located or the circumstances that make it appear…
    • Always remember to give an extensive description of the anomaly, bug or error. That way; chances are a lot greater that we actually identify it and thus can find some possible solutions for it.
    • Always remember to cross-check if it might be a corrupted-save, the info on that is available here.
    • Always consult the “known bugs” section in the redux “ReadMe”-file or the list here below before you try to report in a bug…

COMMON BUGS: (Primarily it concerns v.1.1)
    --------------------
    • Selecting random units in MTW-Redux will usually cause the game to freeze, so don’t use that.
    • Selecting historical battles will cause MTW-Redux to crash, so don’t use that.
    • Selecting historical campaigns will cause MTW-Redux to crash, so don’t use that.
    • Selecting the campaign tutorial will cause MTW-Redux to crash, so don’t use that.
    • In campaign-mode a province or regions religions value (catholic, Islamic etc.) might drop well under the 100% standard total, this bug happens seemingly at random in a province that just had a siege or battle the turn before. It seems that it happens more often if the province is or was under rebel rule. The effect of the game minor but all bordering provinces will eventually drop their religions values to zero. Which means that most general’s recruited from these provinces will have poor piety values from start. Other than that it seems to have little effect on the game, aside from it being annoying. The only way that seems to halter this bug is to destroy the castle in province before going to next turn. Other than that I have no clue what to do here.
    • In campaign-mode the game sometimes freezes from one turn to the next. Usual symptom are that some soundfile loops and are stuck. Load a save at least two “turns/years “ prior to that turn and the game will usually progress as supposed to. Don’t know for sure why this is and have no other solution to offer, sorry. Note that this is not in any way unique for redux it happens in the original as well.
    • The variable faction shields may be somewhat unreliable and colours sometimes don’t show up right. This is an annoying bug and I have not found a simple and good way to counter it for certain. It also seems that this problem vary from computer to computer, and from game mode to game mode. However, in the Medieval - Total War\Battle\FacShield -folder (in both "Hires" and "Lores" folders) I have put some alternate shields that might solve this bug for you. These alternate faction shields are marked with an "x" in the beginning, as in "x_germany.tga" (or "x_germany" dependant on your settings) for example. Change the names these alternates to the ordinary file-names and hopefully the problem is gone (back up both variants to be on the safe side). Other than that I have no clues to what to do here since it seems to be a hard coded issue. FIXED!
    • The "name-anomaly" is a strange bug that due to hardcoded framworks some names might seem to be out of place now and then concerning the Moorish, Saracen and Portuguese factions. I have tried to camoflage it as well as possible but other than that I can’t do
      anything about it. If I could I would but this is hardcoded stuff.
    • Princess bug, valid for Portugal and Lithuania. Roughly about AD 720 these factions cease to generate new princesses. This is all hardcoded, if I could change all that I would. (in VI/v.2.01 it is the Norse and Lithuanians instead, the problem is the same but restricted to pagan-factions).
    • Russian ruler bug, the very first turn he dies and his heir takes over the following turn. This is all hardcoded, if I could change it I would. FIXED!
    • The Norse and Lithuanian factions have too share Islamic event pics, again
      hardcoded it seems thus I can’t change it. I put in as neutral pics as I can to mittigate it...
    • Vices and virtue bug, for some reason the usual progression of these seem to freeze once it has evolved up to step 2 (out of 3-4 possible). All this seems to be hardcoded, if I could change all that I would. Possibly it might be connected to the originals era-progression but this is not absolutely certain.
    • The original game, MTW, has a nasty habit of corrupting saved games now and then. Sadly this flaw is also effects the redux version as well (even if the origins of all this are clearly from the original and not redux). When these things happen there is little you can do short of go back to a healthy previous saves and go on playing from that point. Because of these circumstances it is strongly recommended that you do regular “Master Saves” so the effects of these occurrences is minimized as far as possible. Do this at least every 5th turn to be on the safe side. Also, when you do these “Master Saves” do them at the very beginning of a turn, before you do anything. That way your chances of getting a healthy save are increased. A common symptom of a corrupted save is that the game suddenly crashes and you cant get to tactical mode for some strange reason. Be aware of this and do those regular “Master Saves”, for your own sake!

For full information on known bugs, anomalies and tech-stuff, please refer to the latest "Redux_ReadMe100x.txt" (relevant sections). For VI/v.2.01-specific info please refer to the latest "Redux VI_ReadMe100x.txt" released....

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 04-26-2012 at 01:22. Reason: update...

Default Re: Redux: debug area...

Are the Town Guard, Town Militia and County Militia buildings supposed to generate any units for the russian? Because they don't.

I noticed Redux Castle got 4 towers now. Are you going to built dungeon too?
    Last edited by William the Silent; 10-28-2008 at 12:16.

Hi there Will,

Well um… They don’t, quite right. Militia stuff don’t strike me as very Russian so all those units are locked. Militia stuff is not an “Eastern” thing… Not in my book anyway. Hence Russia, Byzantium, Poland and Hungary don’t have much of that. At any rate, all the buildings still provide the usual happiness boost!

- Cheers
    ----------
    Yep! That and a sturdy gatehouse as well, at the very least… Already made lots of plans for the dungeon!

Count Axalon,
    You were talking about these Aragonese in your Blitz Spain Campaign reply to Cambovenzi.
    I had noticed during my Slomo Campaign that their stacks are pretty weak, with lots of skirmishers.

See stack buildup.

If you make these Aragonese stronger, everybody will be forced to go the Slomo way and I will be the hero .

Kidding!
    Last edited by William the Silent; 11-09-2008 at 11:44.

Noted William, I'll fix it....
    Last edited by Axalon; 11-10-2008 at 17:41. Reason: an urge....

SPANISH BUG FOUND!
    ------------------------
    Ok, it has come to my attention that by exploiting various flaws in the original game (MTW) it is possible to play reduxed Spain in a way that makes it unacceptably simple. By commencing a chain-reaction of silly retreats from the AI it has become possible to totally ruin the designs set up for Spain. I will have none of that and this is utterly unacceptable of course.

Current released material has these weaknesses built in so the damage is already there (sadly enough). What remains now is to do some damage control and the first step on that direction is this release of this “rushed into service” experimental startpos for both versions of redux the “N1000/1” (versions for both V.1.1 and VI/2.01) and see if the problem have been successfully countered with that.

Further down the road an official redux patch will be released and rest assured the Spanish bug will be completely killed to the best of my abilities with that. As for now, all you guys will be the testers of the N1000 “startpos” – so report your findings in this matter right here since this is now a bug-matter! Also state what version your'e running your tests with N100x, is it V.1.1 or VI/V.2.01?

Download experimental startpos Spanish fix “N1000” for MTW V.1.1:
    REMOVED

Download experimental startpos Spanish fix “N1001” for MTW VI/2.01:
    REMOVED

Cambovenzi and Obliqueattack have both already secured a credit for bringing this fact to my attention. I will also credit anybody else who reports in any other substantial information in this matter that are connected to the N100x-file. All credits will be included in the future formal redux-patch and the release of MTW-redux 1.1 (3rd edition).

-------------------------------------------------------
    MISSION BRIEFING: “N1000/N1001-testing” (Expert-level)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, this is for all you guys who wants try it out and want to help some at the same time! First of all place the file in the right place, probably something like that: X:\?\?\Redux - Total War\campmap\startpos. Place the N100x there, if everything is working you should see it when you try to start a new campaing. Now, your mission while testing the N1000/N1001 are divided into three parts:

1. Play as Spain, Expert-level. Secure the entire Iberian Peninsula as fast as humanly possible; including Aragon, Navarre, Valencia, Castile, Leon, Portugal, Cordoba and Granada. How long does this take? How many turns? Find that out. If it takes you 40+ turns abort mission and report in the good news. Do it twice to be on the safe side....
    2. Play as Spain, Expert-level. How long does it take to annihilate the Moors completely out of the game? NOTE, in this mission it is not necessary to secure the Peninsula. If it takes you 40+ turns abort mission and report in the good news. Do it twice to be on the safe side....
    3. Play as as the Moors and check out that there is no freezes or any other problems with the current experimental configuration. Play 5 turns, do it at least twice. If there is no problems at all abort mission and report in the good news.

Ok that’s all, get out there and do some fancy fighting then. I should be harder to "blitz-around" now.

- Cheers
    Last edited by Axalon; 11-22-2008 at 05:24. Reason: update

Will that fix kill early saved games? It will otherwise end my Conquest for Spain.

I think blitzkrieg is typicly something you have to play with the unit size that is recruited in one turn.
    I always play on HUGE, which makes blitzing harder.
    For me the harder the better.

Hope the changes will not influence the balance of the game .

I actually was curious what would happen to the blitzers later in the game, when other factions have been building while they were fighting. Saracens always come up strong later.

That retreat bug is indeed really bad for the game. Even if you would have to fight a weaker enemy on the map, you would suffer casualties. Also battles in the desert are hard because of fatique normally. You can loose battle just because of that in the desert. The retreat thing by-passes all that. Also when you do auto-resolve (that's a MTW bug).

We will keep on battling your mod and you keep on battling the bugs . Hehe!

Still a very good/fun mod.
    Last edited by William the Silent; 11-11-2008 at 21:07.

Hi Axalon,

I think you are getting into dangerous waters here. I had a very brief look at the new file and saw that you have increased the rebellion of Moorish provinces. My problem with that is that for an AI controlled Spain, this might ruin the game. The Moors have been reported as a powerful faction (even though we know Redux can lead to different late game scenarios), and this would only make them stronger.

The problem is that you are trying to match the response of the AI to the response of a human player. We humans are much more resourceful and will take advantage of all possible circumstances, whereas the AI is anything but creative. Probably, the best solution will be to increase the recruitment time of the units so you cannot produce as many as you need to keep rebellion low rather than increase rebellion in all faction provinces.

In any case, I tried your file for a few turns. Cordoba has no troops originally, is that intended or a bug? I actually invaded Cordoba in the first turn, leaving a token unit in Castile and nothing in Leon. You can get the province without a fight, and neither Portugal nor Aragon will attack you. The problem being that loyalty is very low and a rebellion eventually starts (in my case 5 Moorish archers and 8 slave militia, which delays you a bit.

Joh

i have a better solution, raise the upkeep costs.
    the low upkeep costs allows people to just produce massive amounts of troops, and keep them around for next to nothing.

A suggestion,bearing in mind I know little about modding:
    One thing that sticks out is how Navarre seems empty or uncontrolled for years early on.
    I was able to empty Castille of troops ready for the blitz on the Moors both times. Nothing in Navarre plus alliances with Portugal and Aragon left Castille with NOTHING to worry about . Perhaps a significant starting force in Navarre might prevent Spain from being able to send all its regulars south to fight the Moors. Also perhaps you could make inns and peasants more expensive.

I forgot one thing;
    The castles fall after one year usually; is there some way to increase their reserves?If they could hold out for longer, Spain would have to buy siege equipment or risk a castle assault.

Sorry for monopolizing this thread and the multiple posts but something occurred to me.
    What is this deal with peasants anyway? I mean, they are ineffective in combat, but are cheap and good at increasing loyalty because of their numbers; nobody would buy them except to garrison provinces and increase loyalty. It doesn't make sense to me how daring rebels would tremble before peasants and therefore not rebel!! Why not get rid of peasants all together, forcing rather more expensive garrisons (eg 100 archers at 350 a time) or replace them with urban militia?
    Just a thought - feel free to pull it apart

Hello guys and thanks for all the suggestions.

It certainly is way better to have a lot of suggestions to consider than none at all. This whole thing is of course very unfortunate and I REALLY wanted to do other stuff than working on this but it seems to me that I have little choice here (who else would fix it?). I can only fully sympathize with William who apart from myself have put in a lot of work with Spain. And then we got a similar situation for Cambovenzi as well so all this is unfortunate indeed.

Now, this is not in any way impossible to fix and I’m already well on my way to repair the Spanish situation. I have few tricks and moves that will secure a Spanish scenario that to a decent level actually complies with my original plans for Spain. I will devise a fix for all this and we will have this bug sorted out. Rest assured about that.

At any rate, I share Obliqueattacks views on peasants and they certainly are a part of the problem so I have already decided that I will lock ‘em down for all western factions and thus they will only be available to eastern factions. Another part of the problem is various mercenaries of course and I have already looked over that situation and there will be changes there as well. That way another and major part of the problem will be eventually be dealt with as well.

In other words, a fix for all these exploits and flaws is already in development and exactly how long that takes is hard to say at this point other than it will come. I have already discovered and devised various ways to counter the entire problem successfully to some degree and thus seemingly bypassing the hardcoded flaws to a noticeable effect.

My guess is actually that redux will come out strengthened of all this, as in at least the game it self will be much better (and in the Spanish case harder). Especially since various exploits will either not exist anymore or be a lot harder to trigger when I’m done with all my stuff. How things eventually goes, only time can tell of course but I do feel that some cautious optimism are warranted here. To my mind, there is no question about that what ever form the fix for all this will be, it will be a lot better than the flaws that we currently got. So, hang in there! Spain will return!

- Cheers
    ----------
    William, please check the PM I sent you....
    Obliqueattack, just a friendly suggestion but perhaps you should consider to "edit in" stuff next time?

Smile Re: Redux: debug area...

Hi Axalon

You asked me a while ago about my thoughts on mercs, and as you say above, they are a part of the problem (across MTW, and less so in Redux) in that they enable an exploit by the human player. My thoughts on this are
    - you could make mercs rarer overall (easy to do, but it takes away some of the variety and fun randomness - so I don't favour it)
    - you could make mercs rarer early on (this I do favour. The buildprod files now are built on the slightly odd (to me) idea that mercs should be rarer as you tech up - hence the minus values that go with advanced buildings and castle upgrades. Both gameplay and realism suggest the reverse should be true - advanced provinces should have more opportunity to use mercs than primitive ones. The medieval period was marked by the gradual shift from feudal armies owing say 60 days knights service to professional armies dominated by paid national troops and mercenaries. How do we achieve this in MTW? - simply drop the initial mercenary magnetism value of inns and play around with the other magnetism values so we get the right mix of gradually richer pools of mercs as knights commute their feudal obligations into taxes to enable the king to hire his troops. That ought to make blitzing with mercs early on a lot harder, as well as ticking my realism boxes!
    - you could also make mercs more available to some factions, by linking magnetism to some buildings that only they have access to, for example if Great_Court became two buildings, one of them only available to the Byz. (This is more complex and less crucial to gameplay, so I don't push it as hard as my anti-blitzing suggestion above. But it does fit your redux goal of giving factions more distinctive characters)

I hope those are some useful ideas to feed in to your overall solution.
    Last edited by western; 11-16-2008 at 20:56. Reason: afterthought

Is this a bug?

Has anyone notice how the male issues loose their status and become just small units after a few turns? It also happens in Pike & Musket and NTW, the princes are demoted to generals after a few turns. Is there anyway of preventing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Is this a bug?

Has anyone notice how the male issues loose their status and become just small units after a few turns? It also happens in Pike & Musket and NTW, the princes are demoted to generals after a few turns. Is there anyway of preventing this?
    That's something that is hardcoded in MTW.

Best thing to do is making sure the princes are married (arange marriage with foreign princesses for them), so after faction leader dies you'll get new faction leader that already has sons (princes).

If the air to the throne has no children, you'll have new faction leader with no children. That can lead to extinction , if he doesn't produce soon. Make sure you keep saves for if this happens.

Uncles become generals and that may be blessing, because some have good qualities for economy or general.
    Last edited by William the Silent; 11-23-2008 at 09:35.

Thanks.

Ok guys, its time to keep your eyes open. I’m close to finishing up the Spanish Fix and I will release it soon (yes very soon).
    Its time to kick this place back to life again and there has been enough beauty sleep here so its time to start posting and
    get active in this forum again. More details on the release later....

- Cheers
    -----------
    William thanks for you answering Rick....
    Last edited by Axalon; 03-31-2009 at 09:34. Reason: Cleaning...

SPANISH BUG KILLED!
    ---------------------------------------
    Ok guys, the Spanish Fix is now finally released! Thus the Spanish bug is now finally killed and probably will not bother anyone or Spain ever again (knock on wood)! It has been a lot of demanding work involved with this and it is with a bit of relief I finally make this fix available to the public (thus I can finally concentrate on completely other things). This “superfix” will not only counter the many issues and hardcoded problems with the Spanish campaign but also make several changes and improvements for the entire game.

More info and downloads over at the regular thread….

- Cheers
    ----------
    Credits to Obliqueattack and Cambovenzi will be included in future releases.

Over at the regular thread Markuzzi wrote....

“I just tried out the Redux today and wow its pretty amazing. The game has a whole new feel to it. I have not read through every post in this topic but have read a fair share. Just today from playing I have had a few bug issues...

First, I tried English on expert and launched a crusade into Lithuania. When the the icon box of Sanctioned Crusade thing popped up I clicked the 'check' and it crashed. I tried a couple more times and it kept crashing, then managed to fail the crusade. Whenever I clicked the window--crash. Also this was my second crusade. The first one worked out fine.

So I thought I would try out the Spanish on Expert. All was good until a certain point where in I think it was 765 ad I click end turn and it crashes. I reloaded 2 saves and the auto save and it would crash at that point.

So just now I thought I would try out the Poles and got to around 734 ad and I click end turn and it freezes at "thinking"..

Im not sure if these are common problems or if I am missing a patch? But the game suddenly seems unstable for instance random crashes by hitting esc in game to bring up the menu. My plain MTW worked fine and I haven't even had a save corrupted yet. So I am not sure if that is what I am experiencing right now.

Either way great game mod I really like it and I hope I am just missing a patch or something.

I have MTW v1.1 + Redux 1.0b + Spanish Fix (a).

I think thats right? I saw the superfix thing but I think thats included in the 1.0B?

Any suggestions?”

Well, over all I would say that you seem to have troubled relations to lady luck here. As far as I understand it, people usually don’t get much problems with redux and especially not with that kind of frequency! Maybe you should consider making an additional check up on your GFX or SFX drives? Have you changed ‘em lately? Do you have plain MTW installed now as well? So you can compare the stability thing I mean. Anyway….

First issue, I can’t replicate it thus it is not an issue with redux (I launched 3 English crusades and one was directed to Lithuania and there was no problems at all). Whatever is causing this is found and explained beyond redux. My guess is that it is a corrupted save (an original MTW issue then) – that is probably the most likely explanation for this problem.

By your description, the game appears not to be able to load a certain file and thus it crashes – probably a unit review pic or infopic (this will make the game to crash. This is also one of the typical symptoms of corrupted saves). So yes, it is probably a bug of some sort, but it has its origins from original MTW – not redux. Still you’ll have to put up with things like that since MTW is required to run redux… The only thing you can do is to do plenty of master saves – consult the included redux-“read me” on this, “known bugs” section.

Second issue, well I do have too little info to go on here so I can only speculate as for why the game appears to just crash. In my experience redux don’t just crash, believe it or not but redux is known to be unusually stable for a mod for MTW (especially so in the VI-version). And as always I do take stability and bugs very seriously. Now, since you are able to run some 60-65 turn without any problem before this happened I suspect that you picked up yet another corrupted save that creates a major snafu here. Otherwise all other redux threads and this forum here at the Org would drown in bug-isseus and that has not yet happened (so far at least).

As I said earlier, corrupted saves is sadly enough a thing that comes with MTW and thus it makes an impact on redux as well. The only thing you can do is to save often – especially if you are running a MTW v.1.1 (but also on a VI/V.2.01 version). That version is more unstable than VI/v.2.01 – thus you and all other people who use that version should be especially thorough in doing plenty of mastersaves as you play.

As for the escape button and that problem…. Well, it actually is the first time I ever heard of any such thing. There is a first time for everything I guess. Whatever is causing that is not to be found within the redux files – because if it were I would have experienced it myself at some point and I haven’t. Believe me I have used the escape button to last enough for 10-lifetimes in redux and I would have found that out long time ago if there was any such issues with that. Thus I wonder if it might possibly be your GFX-drives or possibly sound-drives that are cause problems in that sense? It strikes me as highly unlikely and I have too little information to really produce any decent answers for you on that. At any rate, it simply seems very odd that any such problems appear at all. If you can currently run MTW with no problems you should have even less problems in running redux. If this kind of thing first happen after lets say 50 turns/years it probably is a corrupted save yet again. One thing is for certain, corrupted games makes the game crash or makes the game to behave strange and weird. As in this case…

Third issue, this sounds like the multiple-rebellion bug to me (found in both redux and the original game. It is hardcoded and is especially frequent in MTW V.1.1). Redux uses higher/increased rebellion settings than the original. Now, the game can only handle a limited amount of rebellions at the same turn and within a certain factions territory. If that is more than 2 rebellions this bug starts to get active and will often cause the game to freeze – just like you described. Usually the current soundfile will get stuck in a kind of loop and the game will not progress at all from that point (so we must escape out and restart the game all over again). There is a way that usually works to get passed this juncture and that is to somehow limit potential rebellions and the risk for them as much as possible. If you can get it to only be 2 or less rebellions in your kingdom you should be able to make it over to the next turn. This is a thing that has happened to me plenty of times so it’s hardly rare in MTW V.1.1 and thus also redux. Just limit the rebellions – lower taxes, send in extra garrisons, use spies etc. and you should be able to advance to the next turn. There is an entry on this in the included redux-“read me”, see “known bugs” section. Check it out for additional info.

Ok, so far so good. If you like, check out the corrupted saves thread, and drop a symptom description over there if you believe it to be the case here (the first issue should be that at least). It helps me, you and all others for future reference you know.

Also, as you seem to have discovered we do have this debug area for redux, I would appreciate if you could direct all related bug-issues from now on to this thread. No harm done with your post over at the regular thread, but it makes things a lot easier if we all keep all the various redux stuff in their designated areas/threads. By all means post in additional info on the bugs but please do that right here from now on. As for general suggestions for you – more of the same essentially – save a lot

Oki, hope that helped out some.

- Cheers

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I found few small bugs in MTW-redux 1.0b and that I am now aware of them:
    • The pikemen charge animation appears to be missing so while charging they will look rather goofy.
    • If I remember everything correctly, one(?) unit (can’t seem to remember which one, perhaps someone could help me with that one) don’t have their weapons or shield going in the game, possibly both.

Now, these will be fixed with 3rd ed. of course, but I would appreciate if you guys could report in all small such stuff like this so I can fix it for the next edition. So if you please, report in all typos (point were and what), various small bugs and errors you find and do it right here. Now sure is the time to do it in - so all such corrections can be included in 3rd edition of redux. You all earn credits for it of course....

Oki, that’s it for now.

- Cheers
    Last edited by Axalon; 03-08-2009 at 18:12. Reason: update & corrections

From Loc\Eng

["christian_title"]
    {"Granted by letters patent, herewith the title of %s of %s and the lands, holdings and chattels thereof, to be held in trust as reward for faithful and true service, and giving also the rights and priviliges of nobility, and as a result of this title, the bearer shall receive the following benefits in addition:"}

privileges

["HeathenWarriors_desc"]
    {"Heathens are unpredictable, fierce and wild. The lack of armour make them vulnerable to attack and arrows but they can still function as fast and fierce infantry if deployed properly in battle. They also have poor discipline and is usually very impulsive in battle which a good commander can use against them. "}

The lack of armour makes them

["HeathenSpearmen_desc"]
    {"Heathens are unpredictable, fierce and wild. The lack of armour make them vulnerable to attack and arrows but they can still function as fast and fierce infantry if deployed properly in battle. They also have poor discipline and is usually very impulsive in battle which a good commander can use against them. "}

The lack of armour makes them

["RaiderCavalry_desc"]
    {"Wherever there are trouble or the lack of any proper order, raiders will soon appear, always looking for some easy gold and a good plunder! Usually raiders cant match professional warriors in battle, but still they are far more able and dangerous than peasantry. Remember, if there is trouble, there will soon be raiders!"}

Wherever there is trouble
    Usually raiders can't match

Same for the following:
    ["RaiderInfantry_desc"]
    ["RaiderSpearmen_desc"]
    ["RaiderWarlords_desc"]
    ["RaiderHorseArchers_desc"]

more from loc/eng

["Skirmishers_desc"]
    ........................... and these units handles that role excellently.

these units handle

["LithuanianInfantry_desc"]
    ........................... However, raising these units are costly…"}

these units is costly

["FlemishInfantry_desc"]
    {"Flemish Infantry are good infantry formations that can be relied upon to hold their ground against most enemys.

enemies

["SteppeArchers_desc"]
    {"The bow is a popular weapon among the those who live in the great wastes.

delete the

["RegularMilitia_desc"]
    ............................... They also fairly cheap to maintain..."}
    insert are

["LightInfantry_desc"]
    ....................... They usually supports heavier infantry and are often put to

support

["RoyalInfantry_desc"]
    ......................They are well equipped and motivated and is both strong attackers and defenders,

are

["FeudalChampions_desc"]
    {"These small formations of feudal champions seldom takes part in a battle,

take

["TeutonicFootKnights_desc"]
    ........................ Even without their mighty warhorses they still is formidable in battle!"}

are

["TemplarFootKnights_desc"]
    {"Sometimes it is necessary to dismount to be triumphant in battle, the Templars knows this all to well and can also operate as reliable elite infantry. Even without their mighty warhorses they still is formidable in battle!"}

know
    are

same for:
    ["SantiagoFootKnights_desc"]

["LightHorsemen_desc"]
    ................. They are impulse and undiciplined in battle, sometimes they are brave and at other times they eager runners. Only a really strong or carismatic general can make them operate as any proper light cavalry…"}

undisciplined
    charismatic

["NorseHorsemen_desc"]
    ................. Although Norse horsemen lacks the strength to dominate the battlefield,

lack

["ItalianNobles_desc"]
    They are a formidable and dangerous opponents in any battle
    delete a

same for
    ["EnglishKnights_desc"]
    ["FrankishKnights_desc"]
    ["SpanishKnights_desc"]

["RoyalCavalry_desc"]
    ..............These powerful units tend to dominate most battlefields they are deployed in and there is only a few units that can resist their mighty charge. The only weakness they truly have is to enemy fire…"}

are

same for
    ["ImperialCavalry_desc"]

["KhanateHorseArchers_desc"]
    {"Khazar horse Archers are primarily used to harass and ambush enemies, and are ideally suited to the battlefield hit-and-run tactics favoured in the stepps.

steppes

same for //["KhanateArchers_desc"]

enough is enough from loc/eng

["ByzantineHorseArchers_desc"]
    ..................The standard tactics are to fire a few deadly bursts and then charge into the fray. In this regard they very different from other horse archers..."}

insert are

["MercenaryWarlords_desc"]
    .............................he just want kill and slaugther even if the game suffers from it.

slaughter

["Additional12_desc"]
    ....................Besides, such a mammoth formation really lookes nice on the battlefield and will crush all opposition in the process!"}

looks

["Warship_desc"]
    .......................The main reason beeing that it is somewhat sluggish and slow."}

being

["merchant_income"]
    {"Constructing this building would allow you to profit from the following goods that are currenly available."}

currently

["Trading Post_desc"]
    ........, but thre is a limit to the profit a trading post can generate."}

there

["Camel Trainer_desc"]
    ............. This is especially useful since horses usually hates the smell of camels,

hate

don't forget

["LightHorsemen_desc"]

They are impulse and undisciplined in battle,

change to impulsive

Hi Oblique,

Many thanks for you taking the time to get these typos straight, I appreciate it. I’ll make all the corrections ASAP.
    Any other text that needs corrections? Anybody?

Another hello to you Resistance, do enjoy the current version of MTW-redux (1.0b), now that it finally is installed
    with all the right modules….

I’ve moved your posts to the appropriate thread (the install emergency) and it seems that you eventually figured
    out what had gone wrong in your installation and thus it seems that the problem was solved. If there is anything
    else, don’t hesitate to post it (at the right places of course ).

- Cheers

A small correction:

After adding the Russian faction, I counted 9 factions to play with. The wording on the introduction still mentions 8. I am not sure if the Russian fix can change it dynamically.

Medieval Total War Battle Collection w/ Expansion Pack Viking Invasion.
    Redux version VI/v. 2.01

Playing Russia on Easy

During the game I conquered PEREYASLAVL province, just about KIEV. The province says ...Steppe Archers...gain +1 valour bonus. I trained a Steppe Archer and it had a valour of 1. I then built up to an Archer's Guild for another +2 volour, and trained a couple of Steppe Archers expecting to see them with a volour of 3. When I looked at them they were all 1s.

I checked the Boyers in MUSCOVY and they got all there bonuses and come out of training with a valour of 4.

Hello Mark,

Thanks for reporting in and thus trying to make redux even better. Now, that’s actually not a bug. It should be all in order; Russian Boyars and Steppe Archers are connected to the bowyer-building which gives max a +2 in valor, not the Archery Range-building (which is only connected to Slavic Foresters for the Russians, I think)…

Thus relevant units should have 3 in valor as their training is completed (with the region-bonus and maxed out buildings). If your steppe archers don’t have that, you have not maxed out the bowyer building. Russian boyars might possibly get more then that due to the Horse Breeder-building as well – that might be. I don’t know that for sure as I write this…

Oh yes, before I forget; the Russians is a bonus faction that comes only with the VI-upgrade – they are not standard. The text is valid for default redux SPC’s hence it only mentions 8 playable factions. The Russians are optional, that’s why only 8 are mentioned, I think it might be stated in the VI-upgrade “ReadMe” or something.

Enjoy the game…

- Cheers
    -------------
    Feel free to post up a pic/screenshoot and share some of your experiences with the Russian campaign if you like
    (max 800x600, for bigger pics use spoilers or thumbs, that’s my guidelines around here). As is, the best place for
    it would probably be “the new player”- section (you should probably also mention the difficulty level and size-settings
    as well since these things do matter).

Thank you Axalon for your reply. That does help a lot.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast